The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Performance Tuning

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Performance Tuning Beginner and advanced tuning | Tools of the trade

Unread 12-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #11
Jeffrey Troop

Name :
Jeffrey Troop has disabled reputation
Default disabled veteran needs tuners advice

Hi, Jeffrey here......Thanks so much for answering.....It is so appreciated....The overheating issue was solved....It has a stuck thermostat. So that cleared that issue. A compression test and leak down test were done and were fine, as was the spark test you describe. Tech took the car on long drive with computer attached....came back and said EVERYTHING was fine.. There was an oil leak from a sending unit from the rear of the motor, also now fixed. No other leaks detected. Idle very rough when first started, almost stalls out, but gets better as she warms up. But still stutters at Idle. The car currently has a 180 degree thermostat, and a hypertech chip piggybacked to stock chip. The kick down cable adjusted but still drops into 3rd way to early. Thanks for the info on the EGR.....No water through exhaust...FOR SURE. Could I have a faulty chip?
Jeffrey Troop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #12
Jeffrey Troop

Name :
Jeffrey Troop has disabled reputation
Default disabled veteran needs tuners advice

Where are you and Greg located....can you provide me contact info please? At this point I would drive anywhere to someone who could help me. I am seriously hoping it is not a bent or burn't valve. Unless I find someone who has a deal on a set of heads they are not using..........But curiously, I cant say I notice the stutter in mid and high range. Motor very quick and responsive. Thanks again......Jeffrey
Jeffrey Troop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #13
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Greg at Antivenom is in Sefner, so he is closer. Were in Bradenton.

Since your vette has an HEI dist, (and not the dreaded OptiSpark) all could be from the chip. Tuning your generation of vette with a piggyback chip is guess work at best & only a custom burn't chip based on a dyno session & drive will be right. Anything packaged is a "one size fits all" and rarely is ideal.

I'd say with what you have described so far the shop doing the test's is going in the right direction as they have done everything I would have, except the chip.

Look in the sponsor section for the link to Greg's shop & the other site sponsors.

I really think your close, and I do not think it is the heads at this point.....your going to end up with a nice running car I predict.
Unread 12-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #14
GETSUM

Name :
GETSUM has disabled reputation

Wow sorry to hear that jeffery. Listen to revxtreme he is VERY knowledgeable and is the only shop that works on my car. I would get it over hear to them if possible he can have you fixed up. Ive heard great stuff about Greg at antivenom as well. Good luck. It will be worth the effort to get that nice car running so you can enjoy it.