The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 11-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #11
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Sorry guys, there is more tread to these tires than it looks in a picture. What's the easiest way to measure it? I wonder if I can find out how deep the tread is when they are brand new. I'll have to call the Tire Rack.
I'll tell you one thing. If I burn them up, I'm gettin' video!!!
We'll be waiting
Unread 11-03-2006, 01:13 AM   #12
MODVETTE05

Name :
MODVETTE05 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Sorry guys, there is more tread to these tires than it looks in a picture. What's the easiest way to measure it? I wonder if I can find out how deep the tread is when they are brand new. I'll have to call the Tire Rack.

I'll tell you one thing. If I burn them up, I'm gettin' video!!!
Madness, I believe the standard way to measure tread depth on tires is to use a tire tread depth gauge, which, when placed on top of the tread of the tire, will measure the depth of the tread left in 32nds. i.e., 7/32's, or 4/32's and the legal limit for use on the road is 2/32's-unless this has changed in the past 2 or 3 years since i last used to do this line of work-Auto Appraiser for Insurance companies or body shops, until I went full time in the Army in 2003 from the Reserve.
Hey, I'm also going to the Ultimate Corvette Party-will you be going over on Friday nite and staying at the hotel? Me and a few club members from my club will be doing just that. Let me know.
Sal
MODVETTE05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2006, 07:52 AM   #13
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODVETTE05
Madness, I believe the standard way to measure tread depth on tires is to use a tire tread depth gauge, which, when placed on top of the tread of the tire, will measure the depth of the tread left in 32nds. i.e., 7/32's, or 4/32's and the legal limit for use on the road is 2/32's-unless this has changed in the past 2 or 3 years since i last used to do this line of work-Auto Appraiser for Insurance companies or body shops, until I went full time in the Army in 2003 from the Reserve.
Hey, I'm also going to the Ultimate Corvette Party-will you be going over on Friday nite and staying at the hotel? Me and a few club members from my club will be doing just that. Let me know.
Sal
No, I won't be going over early. I'll be at work Friday night and Saturday night. So I won't be able to stay all day either. I have to get some sleep sometime.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #14
Ghost

Name :
Ghost is on a distinguished road

Dontcha hate it when that happens? I picked up a friggin' fender bolt in the RF tire 3 weeks after taking delivery of the Ghost Machine. Looked to be a 10mm head, with washer attached... sheesh... probably fell off of a Ford!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote