The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 12-10-2008, 11:02 AM   #11
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

My grandfather had a no trading sign in his booth, it seamed to work well..lol

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I've been spending most of today getting stuff together to do that gun show. What a pain in the butt!! Trying to find whatever boxes that came with the guns that I had the foresight to keep, then matching magazines... Where the HECK is that gun I wanted to take?.... Where did THIS one come from? I can SEE it but can't GET to it in the back of the vault..... Aw damn, this is a NICE piece... Do I really want to get rid of it? How did I get THREE of these????? I'm not getting rid of THIS one until I find that OTHER one, but I don't see it anywhere.... What does THIS magazine go to?

And I thought packing for reptile shows was a pain.............

Tell you what, guys, if you have a moderate sized gun collection, and are thinking your spouse can sell that stuff off after you are gone, don't to her any favors. She will be CUSSING you and take that urn with your ashes in it and dump the contents down the toilet. That's what I was thinking a while back, and I'm GLAD I am doing this now. I can barely figure out what all this stuff is, and NO way my wife would ever have been able to figure it out. So she would have probably had to sell it all off for pennies on the dollar just to get rid of it all.

I can see where this is going to take a while to sell off all the guns I want to clear out. May be a few gunshows in my future, I think....
Unread 12-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #13
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Id really love to take that M82 off your hands but damn 8k is a ball breaker lol. Ive always wanted one, always catch slack from ppl too, "what the hell do you need a 50cal rifle for?!?"
Unread 12-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #14
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
Id really love to take that M82 off your hands but damn 8k is a ball breaker lol. Ive always wanted one, always catch slack from ppl too, "what the hell do you need a 50cal rifle for?!?"
I'm going to be putting $10K on it at the gunshow. I've checked Gunbroker and seen nearly all of them selling there for around $9K.

Plus MINE will be sold without paperwork. I would bet there isn't another one available ANYWHERE without the paperwork trail associated with it.

BTW, I may have made a deal with the owner of Crystal Chevy to get a new Z06 for my Colt Python collection. I'll have to see what sort of devil is in the details, though. Trade value for the car is more than I would have to pay outright with cash, but I have to take into consideration the headache value of selling those 35+ guns outright and possibly shipping them to FFL holders out of state. Defintely a big PAIN IN THE ASS value there I have to consider.

Now I have to sell some guns to pay for a new concrete pad and enclosed car port, otherwise it has to sleep outside under the stars......
Unread 12-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #15
Rich Z

Oh yeah, before I forget, you may want to consider the Model 95 I have. It's a magazine fed 50BMG rifle which is much harder to find then the Model 82. Also has a very high end Nightforce scope on it. It came with a very expensive Swarovski variable, but that scope wouldn't work with this rifle. Eye relief was WAY too narrow on it. Which is probably why the guy sold it. If you shoot a 50BMG with a scope on it with less then 3 inch eye relief, the sope will take off your eyebrow. The Nightforce scope as a good 4 inch eye relief. That scope is around $1500 by itself. But it is the preferred scope for using on a 50 caliber rifle. I also have one mounted on my Model 99. I'm torn between the model 99 and the 95, actually and would keep either of them and sell the other. The model 99 is a single shot bolt action whereas the 95 uses a 5 round clip. Quite honestly, I've never even shot the 95 yet. Just never had time after I bought it and swapped the scopes. It is several pounds lighter then the 99 and shorter as well. I've heard the 95 if the rifle of choice for security guarding nuclear power stations....
Unread 12-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #16
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

If you shoot a 50BMG with a scope on it with less then 3 inch eye relief, the sope will take off your eyebrow.

Is this something you know firsthand? Best of luck at the sale, let us know how it goes. Let me know if you see or hear of any Saiga shotguns there, not that you'll have much time to browse if you're selling...
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #17
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Yeah the M95 is a nice rifle also. A rifle like that will have to wait till i finish school.
Unread 12-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #18
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
If you shoot a 50BMG with a scope on it with less then 3 inch eye relief, the sope will take off your eyebrow.

Is this something you know firsthand? Best of luck at the sale, let us know how it goes. Let me know if you see or hear of any Saiga shotguns there, not that you'll have much time to browse if you're selling...
No man! I learned all I could about those beast before I actually got my first one. When shooting a .50BMG, you make certain you have sufficient eye relief on the scope, then WELD your cheek to the stock so your head moves with the gun. If you don't do that, even a 4 inch eye relief can get the end of the scope kissing your eyebrow. If you ever see a shooter with a half moon scar at the eyebrow, they will be able to tell you about that sort of damage.

Haven't seen many Saiga shotguns lately. Mostly .410s when I do. Used to be a bunch of 12 gauge versions around but the dried up pretty quickly. I think I'll keep my Benelli M3 but will sell off the Beretta 1201FP and the Mossberg 550 bullpup. Not sure what the best way to get rid of the StreetSweeper is going to be since that is a registered DD. I'll also be keeping the couple of side by side coachguns I have for squirrel management.
Unread 12-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #19
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Yeah I would find a single Saiga 12g at the previous and the one before that gun show. I grabbed the next best thing though Mossberg 930A lol.

Rich all I can say is best of luck, and hope you have a long temper. I love watching people low ball the crap out of vendors and seeing the vendors shoving it right back in their face.
Unread 12-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #20
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Rich, have you ever gone down to "Gunsmoke" in Crawfordville?
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote