The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 09-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #11
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

If I had a camera still, I would take pics, and put them side by side to the pics on the site, There is spray paint on the tires from spraying the rims, In the picture it had a new set of kelly chargers, and it landed here with some cheap tires on it.
The oil cap was missing, the headlight bezel was missing. they painted the headers with spraypain,t the whole exhaust is painted over rust (looked really good in the photos)

The paint is all orange peeled and they painted over chips and cracks with one stage. From 20feet away it was one of the nicest c-3s I had ever seen, then I got closer
Its just upseting because it was purchased from a "REPUTABLE" company. And the man that bought it is a very honest man.

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #12
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

For the life of me I don't get why people buy cars from the other side of the country, sight unseen. Especially a Florida person looking for a Vette. There are probably more Vettes in Florida than any other state. But people rag on me because I paid a little extra for a pristine car from a local dealer.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 06:20 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

The disclaimer won't necessarily protect a car thats been falsely advertised of changed from it's original condition (as advertised) after the sale.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 06:55 AM   #14
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet
But people rag on me because I paid a little extra for a pristine car from a local dealer.
Gannet, it is not important what other people think about your car or the price you paid. It is only important what you think about your car. If you think you got a fair deal for the car you bought, then you got a fair deal! It is just that simple. The only way I would let anyone rag me about what I paid for any of my Vettes is if they participated in paying for it. If they want to keep their hands in their pockets, then they can keep their opinions there too! Enjoy the ride, it is a great looking car man.

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #15
Anti Venom
Wrencher

Name :
Anti Venom is on a distinguished road

As taken from the advertiser:

Quote:
ABOUT THE CAR
THIS IS AN ORIGINAL 1969 CORVETTE 350 CUBIC INCH OPTIONED 350 HORSEPOWER WITH NEW PAINT, NEW INTERIOR, NEW CHROME, NEW WEATHERSTRIP AND NEW TIRES. A/C P/S P/B AND AUTOMATIC MAKE THIS ONE SWEET RIDE! MORE DETAILS AND INTERIOR PICS TO FOLLOW!

Quote:
The vehicle description is accurate to the best of seller's belief, based upon a visual inspection. No mechanical work, computer analysis or investigation whatsoever has been made regarding the history, mechanical integrity or condition of the vehicle. The seller makes no express warranties whatsoever, limited or otherwise, oral or written, regarding the subject vehicle. Without limiting or qualifying this disclaimer, the seller makes no representation of fact or promise concerning the condition, reliability, quality, history or value of any vehicle that it sells. This disclaimer is deemed to be specifically negotiated by the parties, pertains to every aspect of every vehicle sold, and is part of the bargain between the parties and is hereby agreed to before any sale has been completed. In addition to the above, the seller makes no implied warranties whatsoever, oral or written, regarding any vehicle that it sells. Without limiting or qualifying this disclaimer, the seller expressly disclaims the implied warranty of merchantability, if any, and the implied warranty for a particular purpose, if any, together with any and all other implied warranties, if any, based upon applicable state or federal law. Further, the purchaser has read and acknowledges each of the following:

1. The vehicle that you are purchasing is being sold "AS-IS" or on a "with all faults" basis.

2. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the vehicle is within the control of the purchaser.

3. Should the vehicle purchased by you prove to be defective following this purchase, you, as opposed to the seller, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing and repair.

4. Mechanics are allowed to inspect the vehicle prior to purchase.

If a dispute arises concerning the vehicle or the purchase of same, the sole and exclusive jurisdiction shall be Orange County, California, and the purchaser hereby waives any claim to jurisdiction other than Orange County California for resolution, litigation or arbitration of any such dispute.
Unread 09-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #16
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

The quote"About the car" makes the disclaimer null and non-applicable. The car is advertised by the seller as in reasonable good condition, with the ability to be driven. With the condition of the car as Ms.A/V notes it would seem that the seller did not complete the terms of the "contract" and the buyer would have legal recourse against the seller.

my opinion,
Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #17
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Man.........

I feel terrible for this guy!!!
Unread 09-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #18
Anti Venom
Wrencher

Name :
Anti Venom is on a distinguished road

Well, behind every dark cloud there is a silver lining. After a week of back and forth communication, the seller has agreed to a refund! And will pay return shipping. So, for all of this, he only has a small hurt, the shipping from California Not much more than that plane ticket that he should have bought. So......now, I have agreed to help him find a LOCAL car to buy! This way I can approve of what he wants to buy. Anybody know of a nice 69 corvette for sale within 150 miles of Tampa? He wants a 69-72 he would like to exclude the 68's from the search due to the difference in door handles. Big block, small block, auto, stick, whatever. BUT it must have BRAKES, and run decent.
Unread 09-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #19
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Venom
Well, behind every dark cloud there is a silver lining. After a week of back and forth communication, the seller has agreed to a refund! And will pay return shipping. So, for all of this, he only has a small hurt, the shipping from California Not much more than that plane ticket that he should have bought. So......now, I have agreed to help him find a LOCAL car to buy! This way I can approve of what he wants to buy. Anybody know of a nice 69 corvette for sale within 150 miles of Tampa? He wants a 69-72 he would like to exclude the 68's from the search due to the difference in door handles. Big block, small block, auto, stick, whatever. BUT it must have BRAKES, and run decent.
Glad to hear that...
sarchevyman has a 68 for sale on this forum.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #20
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

That’s really great news IF and when he gets his money back.
I just hate to hear things like that. I hope he gets a way better one for a cheaper price now.
Good luck with finding him a new one.

My buddy is selling this but it’s a bit pricy and it's not a Vette.

The car in the vid is the same one as in the pics. His car is the first one off the production line. #1 OF 25 are made each year and his says #1.

Here's the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyRCLIm1jEw

Pic
That's my bike