The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #221
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Yea I wasn't talking about the firebird in that instance. I understood where you were coming from
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #222
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
Yea I wasn't talking about the firebird in that instance. I understood where you were coming from
Cool

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #223
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Inspector called me early last week and he setup a meeting with me, I am currently writing up an affidavit for him for their case.

I have not yet taken my car to get dyno'd or the tune checked out due to me being on nights. I can't seem to wake up earlier then 4pm on my off days. Thinking about driving down to Tampa on some off days and taking it to Formato. Still want to get it dyno'd first and see what it is really making. Hopefully the dynosheet was something he wasn't lying about.
Unread 04-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #224
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Inspector called me early last week and he setup a meeting with me, I am currently writing up an affidavit for him for their case.

I have not yet taken my car to get dyno'd or the tune checked out due to me being on nights. I can't seem to wake up earlier then 4pm on my off days. Thinking about driving down to Tampa on some off days and taking it to Formato. Still want to get it dyno'd first and see what it is really making. Hopefully the dynosheet was something he wasn't lying about.

I would reccomend Greg at Antivenom for the tune, closer and he owns his own dyno...no extra charges to rent someone elses.
Unread 04-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #225
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
I would reccomend Greg at Antivenom for the tune, closer and he owns his own dyno...no extra charges to rent someone elses.
I'd have to 2nd that motion!

Remember:

Unread 04-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #226
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Unfortunately I took my car to a local shop today to get dyno'd; and all the car could muster was 39x/38x SAE corrected. A far cry from the 440rwhp/412lbtq Chris stated it made on his dyno.

About 50rwhp/20lbtq difference (more loss of TQ on other pulls) from what Chris gave me for a dynosheet. He also never provided the video he said he took. I personally witnessed this dyno session and unfortunately know that a 50rwhp is not going to come up from dyno disparities. Some major bull**** has taken place.

The dyno today was a Dynojet, which normally should be reading higher then a Mustang or Dynomite, and this one in particular reads on average 10-20hp more then other local Dynojets based off of statements from some people who have used it.

Bottom line, either my custom cam is not in the car, the tune is absolute crap or something else with the motor is wrong although I can't contemplate what that would be that would be bringing it that down on power, considering it does indeed have PRC heads on it and my FAST92 which are visible. The cam is not visible, which leads me in that direction. The torque converter locks when it should and is catching right at 3200ish.

Chris also stated that he won't be returning my parts that he took in a text message and told me he gave me more then "enough".

The dyno pull reflected a 13.0-13.1 A/Fr across the pull. Which unfortunately is way too lean for a WOT for any sane person.

The original 440rwhp/412lbtq Chris told me it made is what it should be making with the mods that I have on it, or at least give or take 10-15rwhp. Unfortunately I now have to take my car elsewhere for sure and see wtf is going on NOW.
I'm trying to see if I can get it dyno'd at another location local just for that added confirmation. It is clear however that I have run into some more lies.

It would make me extremely happy if my camshaft is indeed in my car and the tune is just garbage, that is an easy fix. The camshaft just goes into a long list of things that add up to be a fair amount of money.

So alas, that saga continues.
Unread 04-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #227
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Unfortunately I took my car to a local shop today to get dyno'd; and all the car could muster was 39x/38x SAE corrected. A far cry from the 440rwhp/412lbtq Chris stated it made on his dyno.

About 50rwhp/20lbtq difference (more loss of TQ on other pulls) from what Chris gave me for a dynosheet. He also never provided the video he said he took. I personally witnessed this dyno session and unfortunately know that a 50rwhp is not going to come up from dyno disparities. Some major bull**** has taken place.

The dyno today was a Dynojet, which normally should be reading higher then a Mustang or Dynomite, and this one in particular reads on average 10-20hp more then other local Dynojets based off of statements from some people who have used it.

Bottom line, either my custom cam is not in the car, the tune is absolute crap or something else with the motor is wrong although I can't contemplate what that would be that would be bringing it that down on power, considering it does indeed have PRC heads on it and my FAST92 which are visible. The cam is not visible, which leads me in that direction. The torque converter locks when it should and is catching right at 3200ish.

Chris also stated that he won't be returning my parts that he took in a text message and told me he gave me more then "enough".

The dyno pull reflected a 13.0-13.1 A/Fr across the pull. Which unfortunately is way too lean for a WOT for any sane person.

The original 440rwhp/412lbtq Chris told me it made is what it should be making with the mods that I have on it, or at least give or take 10-15rwhp. Unfortunately I now have to take my car elsewhere for sure and see wtf is going on NOW.
I'm trying to see if I can get it dyno'd at another location local just for that added confirmation. It is clear however that I have run into some more lies.

It would make me extremely happy if my camshaft is indeed in my car and the tune is just garbage, that is an easy fix. The camshaft just goes into a long list of things that add up to be a fair amount of money.

So alas, that saga continues.
Well, if it were me, and I had your doubts, I would have the camshaft yanked out to verify what you have there. That is about the only real hard evidence you could use to prove or disprove what you have been told.

As for why the variance in dyno results, heck I dunno. I do know that when Chris tuned my car, the peak ratings were within a couple of horsepower of what was shown on the dyno down at AntiVenom. Chris fixed an overly rich problem in the midrange RPM band, and I was quite pleased with the results.

But really, no matter what, I don't think you will ever have any peace of mind till you actually verify that you got the camshaft you bought put into that engine, or not. Bitter pill to have to swallow, I know, but that's about the size of it. I don't know if anyone can accurately determine the specs of the driveshaft by measuring valvetrain movement so you don't have to actually pull the cam, but you may want to try looking into that first....

Honestly, till you verify that camshaft one way or another, you just really don't know....

Good luck..
Unread 04-20-2010, 05:25 AM   #228
Shadow

Name :

Ubfortunately, in the end it's going to come down to that any way (pulling the cam) if you want to pursue criminal charges. You can't use speculation and the courts aren't going to care what you think. They deal with evidence and a half assed defense attorney would eat you and the prosecutor for lunch if you tried otherwise.

If you suspect the camshaft is the issue, stop spending good $$$ after bad, and go have it yanked, inspected and photographed/documented...with your military specialty, you should know the drill

What parts is Chris refusing to return? Why was he to return them? Are they parts that were removed and replaced? If so, did you sign away the authorization to have them returned?

If the answers to the above are:
1) my parts/parts that should be on the car
2) He/we agreed to have them returned
3) Yes
4) No

Then you have the basis for theft under Florida Statute.

If not, then you may not have squat that you can do about it but bitch and maybe sue him (good luck on that!)

Shops are required to, if you request it, provide you with a written estimate and again, if requested, show you the old parts that were replaced. They have you sign a waiver if you don't want that.

I've never been to a shop and had major work done, that this didn't happen since the bill was passed years ago.
Even the local guy that I've known for years, still has me sign off, even when he know's I trust him. It's just procedure.

Remember:

Unread 04-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #229
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I guess I am curious about what parts we are talking about here. Sorry if they have already been listed and I just don't remember.

Personally, unless the original parts have any substantial resale value or I thought there might be a (very remote) chance I may want to use those parts to return the car to stock someday, then I'm really not interested in bringing back and storing all that junk. Heck, I've STILL got my original titanium Z06 mufflers that came off with the STS install in the storage shed....... Most people don't seem to be too interested in buying STOCK items, I guess.

And just out of curiosity, Fatbum, did you sign anything at all when you picked up the car? I would think that with all the rancor involved, Chris would have wanted you to sign off on some sort of release at that time. Did that happen? If so, what did it say?
Unread 04-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #230
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

The camshaft IS coming out for sure.
There is however enough to being him up on criminal charges. Not only are stock parts missing that he replace with garbage used parts, but i paid for new things that he just didnt put on the motor, like the trunion rocker arms.
He said he would return my stuff but never did and i told him specifically that i never said he could take my stock parts to begin with and there was no "trade" agreement. I listed all the parts previously. I even told him bedore he touched anything i needed them all back and they add up $$$ wise. The dyno here just showed something was wrong, ill find out what, you can be sure.

Justin refused to give me back my car until i signed a paper saying chris has fulfilled his duty of replacing my motor but i had them add a clause about if anything was wrong with the motor or car they would be liable for 12k/1 year. And if there was any negliegence. Anything found out after the fact would still be acceptable in court as i have found out from the state, so im not worried about the paper.
Also, i have EVERY stock part for my, or at least did, until chris stole my parts he took off, some of which he did without my permission.
To this day as well i have not seen a single photo of the original damage which i asked for, an invoice of any parts or dyno run videos.
He lied to the POLICE about what he was sending, i mean come on, this dude is a CRIMINAL. The investigator has a laundry list of laws he has broken as well.