The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 12-08-2006, 06:01 AM   #21
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro

Not to jack the thread but I have to comment on USA-1's signature. I grew up in the northeast and have a few friends who ran at New England Dragway. I believe I was at the annual funny car meet that the picture depicts in your sig. Larson was a great Northeast racer. I have a very good friend who originally ran the Dodge Fever A-100 wheelstander Rich Travers. I have a way cool video that Rich put together from the old days. I went to New England Dragway the first day it opened. Remember this Larson car ?

Larson is from just North of Harrisburg, Pa., a few miles of Pa. Rt. 22, and every November he opens his family 'barn' to racing fans, who often bring their drag-racers, for his annaul "DRAG-FEST" , a well-attended car-show/bench-race/lie-telling session:
of Larson's cars on-display is the National Record-holding Camaro (7.41 in '68? ) you show, the '78 Corvette in my signature, an early-'60s Cobra that he won the Winternationals with 40+ years ago, and his '89 World Champion Oldsmobile, as-well-as trophies, fire-suits, Christmas Trees from torn-down tracks, etc.

During the '05 "DRAG-FEST" , I asked Larson if he'd mind me having my '82 'painted-up' like his '78 when I begin racing in Florida, but he asked that since he still makes exhibition runs in the North-East to kindly-NOT do that, which I will be respecting.

The 'barn', located at the edge of a nice neighborhood, draws many old-time race cars, that are trailered-in for the day:
in '04, this car's owner, unable to find a parking-spot near the barn, unloaded his car several blocks away, and DROVE this car into it's parking space, it's super-charger cackling in the cool morning air!

Oddly, Larson says he never raced at my old home-track, the old Keystone (now Pittsburgh ) Raceway Park, just-off the same Pa. Rt. 22, about 175 miles to his West, in all his years of barnstorming the country.....
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 05:42 PM   #22
FRC Tom

Name : Thomas Feuerherm
FRC Tom is on a distinguished road

I was 18 in 1970 when I purchased my 1966 big block for 3300.00.

Same year I bought a '54.
FRC Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #23
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRC Tom
I was 18 in 1970 when I purchased my 1966 big block for 3300.00.

Same year I bought a '54.
That's pretty good for an 18 year old! Do you still have either of them?
Unread 12-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #24
FRC Tom

Name : Thomas Feuerherm
FRC Tom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Vettes
That's pretty good for an 18 year old! Do you still have either of them?
Long gone.
2001 custom Z06, 408 TT is my current ride.

FRC Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2006, 10:05 PM   #25
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :
SteveK will become famous soon enough

I just got my first Vette in September. I had sold my Harley-Davidson and was looking for a new toy. I was going to buy a boat, but was quickly talked out of that by friends and family. I mentioned that I was going to look for an affordable Vette to a friend that owned 2. A '93 vert and a '94 vert. She asked if I would like to buy her '93. I said that I would let her know. I did some checking on the internet and determined what I thought it would be worth. I called her and said that even though I would love the car, that it was obviously out of my price range. She asked why I thought that because she hadn't even given me a price. I told her the checking that I had done. She said, Yeah, to anyone else I might ask that. But we have been friends for a long time. She gave me a price and I bought the car. I have since added ZR-1 Wheels and a FlowMaster Exhaust. My wife drives it as a DD during the week and we both enjoy it on the weekends.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2006, 07:11 AM   #26
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRC Tom
Long gone.
2001 custom Z06, 408 TT is my current ride.
That thing is looking sweet!

Whatcha been up to Tom? Haven't seen or heard from you in a while. I missed you at the Fest. I know you were only there a short time.

I'll probably need an updated tune sometime in the next year. I'll probably be having Greg install a cam for me.

Later dude.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2006, 08:58 PM   #27
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

These are great stories. I like to hear how folks got into their first corvettes. Every story is different!
Thanks and keep them coming
Unread 12-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #28
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

I'm afraid the '02 was my 1st (I'm a late bloomer). I test drove an '01 Z and that was it. All I thought about after that was getting my hands on another one. If I'd known they were so much fun I'd have gotten one years ago.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #29
TxMomma
Texas Momma

Name :
TxMomma is on a distinguished road

11/ 06 Had to have one for myself after three weeks on a road trip in Ray's and he wouldn't let me drive I never thought in a million years I'd own a Vette.........but dreams do come true.

NCM #2022
TxMomma is offline   Reply With Quote