The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

View Poll Results: PICK YOUR WINNER OF SUPERBOWL 43
1. STEELERS 5 38.46%
2. CARDINALS 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 02-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #21
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail View Post
Hey don't get me wrong, I thought it was a great game. The Steelers came to win. I just think that the officials were more focused on the Cards than they needed to be. It's the freakin SuperBowl. To call "roughing the holder" when the guy was trying to block the kick is stretching it, then turn a blind eye to #92 with an Over the Top Personal Foul on the Cards player, he should have been ejected from the game.
He plowed the holder over... He didn't just bump into him, he literally flipped him over. The Cardinal player knew he was wrong, he never even looked back to argue anything about the penalty with the refs. He smirked and trotted to the sideline because he knew the flag was coming. Even the announcers were like "That was real stupid of him". What's the complaint about the refs on that one? It was a good call, even if the rule was stupid. The rule exists and they know it,,, as I have never seen that happen before in any game that I remember.

I don't know what play you are referring to with #92, but I saw a personal foul for "unnecessary roughness" I think it was called on a Steeler who went out of bounds into the Cards players while making a play ending stop. The two opposing players never went to the ground but only lightly shoved each other yet the Cards players (who were on the sidelines and not in the game) got all over him but the Steeler drew the flag and 15 yards..... How was that justified? I think the bad flag on that play negates the ad flag for roughing the QB that the Cards got for a hit on Ben. Those are about the only 2 bad flags I saw. They even got a good call on the holding in the end zone on the Steelers center who caused the safety by holding in the endzone. There were ALOT of stupid flags drwan by the Cards but I think it was emotions and nerves by the newer team (to the Super Bowl I mean) that caused them to make the flagrant "stupid" penalties. It was just a lack of concentration and discipline on their part.

JMHO
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #22
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Yeah that roughing the holder definitely needed to be called. Im not a Steeler fan, nor a Cards fan but cmon now that was a straight up im gonna rip your head off charge.

The warner fumble/pass was a crap call. The mans arm was still moving backwards and knocked forward after a 200+lb man hit him. Id love to see anyone try to pass a ball with their arm going backward while getting hit.

It was a good game. If people whine so much about the point difference I hate to see the excuses if the cards never got past the halftime score.
Unread 02-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #23
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

As I stated in my earlier post: the Pittsburgh Defense won the day especially with the 100 yard return touchdown!! I was really pulling for the Cardinals and I thought it was definitely one of the best Super Bowl games in history. The officials I give a C+ for trying but blowing a few calls.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #24
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

It was a great game. Definitely not the blowout I was expecting. As far as penalties, I saw more stupid penalties on the part of the players rather than the refs. I think it was #69 for the cards who drew 3 holding penalties all by himself. And the steelers #92 standing over that guy and pushing him to the ground and knocking him over long after the play was dead, that's just dumb. Penalties aside though, it was exciting right down to the wire.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 08:21 AM   #25
Z06 Rocket

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dalton View Post
It was a great game. Definitely not the blowout I was expecting. As far as penalties, I saw more stupid penalties on the part of the players rather than the refs. I think it was #69 for the cards who drew 3 holding penalties all by himself.
That was because he had the guy who was voted NFL defensive player of the year charging past him. He had to hold him in order to keep Kurt Warner from getting smashed. If he didn't then the defender would get past him and possibly get in Warners head. Then Warner would have his throw off while fearing the defender sacking him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dalton View Post
And the steelers #92 standing over that guy and pushing him to the ground and knocking him over long after the play was dead, that's just dumb. Penalties aside though, it was exciting right down to the wire.

Couldn't agree with you more! As a Steelers fan I could tell you that all of the people in the house who were watching the game (all Steelers fans of course at the party) we were pretty embarassed for the team. He was the touchdown difference to the game with his interception and 100 yard return, but later in the game he was a black eye on the team. STUPID STUPID PENALTY. Absolutely uncalled for.
Unread 02-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #26
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
That was because he had the guy who was voted NFL defensive player of the year charging past him. He had to hold him in order to keep Kurt Warner from getting smashed. If he didn't then the defender would get past him and possibly get in Warners head. Then Warner would have his throw off while fearing the defender sacking him.

Couldn't agree with you more! As a Steelers fan I could tell you that all of the people in the house who were watching the game (all Steelers fans of course at the party) we were pretty embarassed for the team. He was the touchdown difference to the game with his interception and 100 yard return, but later in the game he was a black eye on the team. STUPID STUPID PENALTY. Absolutely uncalled for.

Yup, I know they've got to hold to protect the QB. I'm sure Warner appreciated it too.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #27
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Great game! Too bad the officials were Steelers fans, otherwise, the Cards might have won. I wonder where the fix came in? Vegas money, or Bailout money? Obama state or Mcain state?

Hmmmm..
Joe B.
Totally with you. If you bet the Cards and the points you won.

Absolutely the fix was in. I think it was the most despicable game I had ever seen and it makes me not want to watch football again. The Cards should've won......but didn't. I have to disagree however on the game. To me it was three of the most boring quarters of football I had ever seen as well. The only Superbowl more boring was the Colts vs. the Bears a couple years ago. I actually fell asleep during that game.

If not for the fourth quarter, the game would've been a total dog.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 08:07 AM   #28
Z06 Rocket

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guro305 View Post
To me it was three of the most boring quarters of football I had ever seen as well. If not for the fourth quarter, the game would've been a total dog.
I don't know what game you were watchinig..... clearly not the same one I watched....

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #29
BESZ28

Name : brian kolkowski
BESZ28 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Great game! Too bad the officials were Steelers fans, otherwise, the Cards might have won. I wonder where the fix came in? Vegas money, or Bailout money? Obama state or Mcain state?

Hmmmm..
Joe B.
what fix? the missed TD in the first quarter the steelers had or the bogus safety that gave the card the ball plus 2 points cmon wake up
Unread 02-10-2009, 02:55 AM   #30
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESZ28 View Post
what fix? the missed TD in the first quarter the steelers had or the bogus safety that gave the card the ball plus 2 points cmon wake up
The whole game. What about all the bogus free yards the Stealers had in penalties where their guys were not even touched? Arizona 11 for 106 yards for a team that averaged 78 yards in penalites per game. Check the stats and you will see.

The Cards offense put up 407 total yards on the so-called "Steel Curtain."
Three major penalties in one drive that did influence the score of the game. Several bogus penalties including roughing the passer when he was never even touched and running into the holder? The holder? WTF? Do NFL refs just make the rules as they go along now? A holder, not the KICKER which is a penatly but the HOLDER. A holder that was not even grazed. And let's not forget Rooney's "wonderful" rant on how great NObama was at the end of the game.

Z06 Rocket, I'm sorry but if you thought that game was great, no offense but you haven't watched enough good football. Fourth Quarter was exciting, sure enough but the first three quarters of football sucked total a$s. I contemplated falling asleep like I did during Superbowl 41! What better way to keep the underdog from scoring then to keep their offense off the field. Just look at the time of possession in the first half and ridiculous penalty after ridiculous penalty.

Not to mention the commercials sucked and so did the halftime show from has-been Bruce Sprungstein. Here, read this http://thefixisin.net/azcardinals08.html

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote