The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 05-15-2007, 10:32 PM   #31
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette
I was taking my son to his Kenpo class tonight around 7PM and waved to two people in a silver C6 south of Crawfordville around the River of Life Church. Was that you Rich Z? They waved back anyway.
No, wasn't us. The C6 hasn't been out of the car cover since Connie got back from Delaware last week. Been taking out the C5Z when we go for a ride.....
Unread 06-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #32
LCJSTOY

Name :
LCJSTOY has disabled reputation

Well said!
Len

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
I think there is a HUGE difference between owning a Corvette and being Corvette people. Let's face it, not everyone that owns a Corvette will join a club, a forum, or anything else to interact with other Corvette people. They typically will not , nor understand the purpose of the . The way I look at it is, it's their loss!

To me, someone who "owns a Corvette" but is not a Corvette person, probably owns one Corvette and they want the world to "...look at what I have".

A Corvette person lives with their Corvette; wants to own as many as they can; and wants to look, ooh and aah over what everyone else has. There are soooo many Corvettes that have been purchased, modified, restored, etc., since 1953 that a Corvette person just wants to take it all in. I have been fortunate enough to acquire a stable of 3 Corvettes, my '69 big block convertible, '01 6 speed vert, and '04 Z06 Commemorative Edition! You would think this would be enough to satisfy my thirst for Corvettes. Everytime I see a mid-year Grand Sport I have to stop what I am doing and go salivate all over it! And for that matter, I salivate over any other Corvette that is not mine!

Am I sick? ...I don't think so! But I at every Corvette I see (at my age I am not sure I see them all anymore) because I know they are just like me. And I am disappointed when they prove me wrong.

Corvette people love to and be at. If you don't get a back, remember they are either getting too old to see you, or they are not Corvette people and should be driving something inspiring and exciting like a Saab!

LCJSTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #33
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

Today i was coming home from work and sitting at a light, a C5 Z pulled up next to me...right next to me, looks over i give a nod and a wave, i get nothing in return!!
Unread 06-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #34
sglfladad

Name :
sglfladad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308
Today i was coming home from work and sitting at a light, a C5 Z pulled up next to me...right next to me, looks over i give a nod and a wave, i get nothing in return!!
Hope it wasn't me. I've been sort of out of it the last couple of weeks. Pretty sure I've missed a couple. If it was you, here are two
sglfladad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #35
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up "Blip" 'em

I know I've probably posted this before but when I see a Vette coming toward me, I blip the fogs. Just pull your signal lever like you are turning on your hi-beams. The fogs will flash. Gets 'em everytime. If they are along side me and won't look, I honk. When I'm driving my C-4, I pull out the parking lights with the fogs on a few times; same response as my C-5

Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #36
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglfladad
Hope it wasn't me. I've been sort of out of it the last couple of weeks. Pretty sure I've missed a couple. If it was you, here are two
LOL no, this was a red one. Thanks though heres a wave back!!
Unread 06-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #37
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Wow this thread has had a good run. I'm glad you guys are all waving. You know I'll always wave back. Shoot, I'll even buy you a beer if we stop.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2007, 10:03 PM   #38
Cathies627

Name :
Cathies627 is on a distinguished road
Wink Not everyone waves

I wouldn't get too offended if someone doesn't wave ... they just may not get it.

I have owned and/ or driven in lots of different vehicles and honestly can't remember another vehicle that waves (there was the time someone waved their middle finger but that's another post) ... it seems to be exclusively a corvette thing.

When I first owned mine I wondered why people were waving ... my first trip was across the country, Wisconsin to Florida (had to bring it home). I thought it was kind of "funny" but I caught on quickly and now I'm a waver!

Oh, and just need to add that not everyone who owns only one corvette and/or doesn't belong to a club doesn't get it ... we get it ... we like our cars but our cars are not our lives. Maybe we're new in town, too busy, or not into the club thing. Maybe one car is all we need.

I am happily a one vette owner who doesn't identify herself with the year, model, etc of my car ... my car is not a status symbol and I don't think I am better than anyone else because of what I drive ... it's a fun perk that I worked for and enjoy ... that's it, nothing more nothing less.

I promise I'll wave, that is, if I'm not distracted by the phone, radio, cute guy in the car next to me or ...
Cathies627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 01:45 AM   #39
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Actually when I had my Jeep Wrangler and drove it, just about everyone (except maybe some clueless college kid whose parents bought it for him) also driving a Jeep would wave.
Unread 06-20-2007, 10:30 AM   #40
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mte.smiles
Wow this thread has had a good run. I'm glad you guys are all waving. You know I'll always wave back. Shoot, I'll even buy you a beer if we stop.
OK next time we're in Bradenton guess who buys!

Ken