The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 09-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #391
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I've actually had it for a while now. It's a combination 60th birthday gift for me and a retirement gift for Connie and myself. We decided to keep it under wraps for a number of reasons. Honestly, we felt guilty about buying something like this when the economy is so bad, and so many people are hurting financially. Especially when the BP oil problem in the Gulf was roaring out of control and it looked like Florida was going to completely go down the tubes in financial ruin, well, driving around in a new vette just didn't seem appropriate. But it appears things are on the mend with the Gulf, and quite honestly, I guess I just got over worrying about what other people might think.

We did drive it to a few of the Cruisin' Corvette functions, but that was about it. Matter of fact, if you look closely at the video I took at South Georgia Corvette that I posted in the Cruisin' Corvettes forum here, you can see the car there if you look closely.

We had to dip into the retirement fund some, and I'm not sure getting the driveway paved will be able to happen now. The remainder of the money from the sales of my guns was depleted, of course. But Connie was right. I REALLY needed this to keep my sanity while this build was dragging on and on and on and on.....

Oh, speaking of the build, I got a call from Chris this morning and he said so far there have been no more pinched O-rings found in those freeze plugs. He still has more to check on the passenger side of the block, but my guess is that it will be only that one. Just one of those things, I guess. I'm sure LME has employee issues just like everyone else, and honestly, this would have been extremely difficult to catch in any sort of quality control inspection. It even took a while running the engine before it showed up at the shop, so there is certainly no way they could have found that problem. I'm just glad it happened now, and not months down the road while Connie and I would maybe be on a trip through Death Valley and have the coolant blow out then and there. Man, I would be PISSED! Until I died, of course...

Anyway, Chris said he doesn't expect to get the tuning resumed till Monday. Is it just me, or are these weeks just zipping by? I try to think back about what took place this entire week, and I'm like, "Damn! What the hell happened?" I'm certainly glad I didn't bet Connie any more money when she says I won't get it back before Christmas.... Yeah, it sounds like I would have a sure bet, doesn't it? Well, go back through this thread and see how long and how many times I have said that the car will probably be done "next week".
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #392
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Feeling guilty? C'mon Rich, you earned it and if anything you also helped the economy if that's possible. Drive it, enjoy it and be proud you earned it.

I hope you don't get too pizzed at me for saying this but you seem to think the worse about everything. I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned but remember as long as there's life there's hope. We will get rid of this administration and sooner or later this country will recover. To what extent is the question.

I got an idea. Put a smile on your face and take that new car for a ride today. Things will get better.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #393
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Why Hell Yeah it must be going bad............Looks kinda Green to me!
Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
That's bright yellow Andy. Is your eye sight going bad?
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #394
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
So yes, I can certainly sell that car, and walk away from it. Not saying I WILL, but I certainly CAN. A lot will be riding on how I feel behind the steering wheel again. But perhaps you would have to go through something like this to fully understand what I am saying here.
I'm in exactly the same boat.

We'll have to see what happens when I get it back. But it's been so long now, it's like it isn't even my car anymore. I've lost a lot of interest in it.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #395
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, go back through this thread and see how long and how many times I have said that the car will probably be done "next week".
That sounds like a drinking game right there. Every time you see week, or tomorrow, you have to take a drink.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #396
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet View Post
I'm in exactly the same boat.

We'll have to see what happens when I get it back. But it's been so long now, it's like it isn't even my car anymore. I've lost a lot of interest in it.
Dave, yes, I'm sure you know EXACTLY what I mean. That new Z06 Connie and I just got is going to remain BONE stock. The only mods that will be done on it will be in the *bling* category, and that is it. Not to mention that if I even HINTED at performance mods, Connie would split my skull with a two-by-four.
Unread 09-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #397
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post
That sounds like a drinking game right there. Every time you see week, or tomorrow, you have to take a drink.
I'd be comatose from alcohol overdose in nothing flat.... Heck, I can't remember the last time I had an alcoholic drink, so it certainly wouldn't take long for me to hit the floor face first.
Unread 09-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #398
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I hope you don't get too pizzed at me for saying this but you seem to think the worse about everything. I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned but remember as long as there's life there's hope. We will get rid of this administration and sooner or later this country will recover. To what extent is the question.
I believe that, all things considered, I will be right more times than I am wrong thinking in this manner....
Unread 09-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #399
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :
ironhorse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dave, yes, I'm sure you know EXACTLY what I mean. That new Z06 Connie and I just got is going to remain BONE stock. The only mods that will be done on it will be in the *bling* category, and that is it. Not to mention that if I even HINTED at performance mods, Connie would split my skull with a two-by-four.
Hey Rich, give it time with the new Z06, you will mod it, only a matter of time...LOL, once a gear head always a gear head...
ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #400
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
Hey Rich, give it time with the new Z06, you will mod it, only a matter of time...LOL, once a gear head always a gear head...
Nope. At least not while it is under warranty. And I plan on getting an extended warranty for the max number of years. And even then, it would only be if something breaks and an upgrade is available.

This fiasco with the blue C5Z REALLY soured me on the mod stuff.

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports