The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 11-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #41
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Maybe a ban is needed to get the point across. If not permanent, maybe for a few days... Heck, maybe even you can review his posts/threads before they make it to the boards. +1 for AZ-Zbum posts
That's the way brand X does things.

The mods there routinely edit and delete post, place people in "moderation" (sort of a forum version of time out) and generally treat people like children!!

There's a lot of censorship and a general lack of free speech and tolerance over there. More than enough to go around. We don't need it here (although we do need a better balance IMO) so personally, I'll pass.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #42
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
Or spend more time on other forums .Ban 'em no but I wouldn't be disappointed if they left.Out of several hundred thread/posts I can't see where they have added much .A better fit for 'em might be Corvette Forum.But it's not my say.
We are all certainly welcome to spend time any where we so desire

I spend time on several other forums and enjoy each for what they are.

One has a pretty liberal posting policy (not too far off from our own)

If he even walked inthe door at corvette forum, he'd last about as long as a door gunner on a bad day

Remember:

Unread 11-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #43
Shadow

Name :
Default PLEASE READ!!

I've stayed out of this until now.

I do things a little differently that other moderators and other places. I've been openly "dissed" and insulted by some of those same moderators for my style here, but whatever!, it's my style and "our house".

Because of my background, I prefer it this way.

I would rather attempt a rational, common sense solution to a problem over banning people and locking threads.

I'm going to lay a few things on the table and hopefully, we can be done with this?

So here goes....

Quote:
Ive been saying it for the last longest now. Its old and rediculous. I understand the guy donated but seriously. . All the posts are lies, b/s or some other something that has to do with nothing. Im suprised its gone on this long. Any other forum and he would have either been banned or flamed out of here by now. i got no problem with the guy staying, but these issues need to be addressed.

It's not like he hasn't been flamed here

Banned? Not my decision.

FWIW, I've spoken with David personally on a couple of occasions by telephone.

He's generally a decent guy with a fairly large heart.

He speaks as he writes. Why? Beats the hell out of me, but he does. (Sorry David but it's true brother).

Don't think that I don't see this drivel or read it. I have to. I just don't respond to it. It makies my life easier and less stressful

I do find the single comments, endless riddles and such annoying as well. I too do not enjoy opening up the board and finding numerous threads started that if put together, probably would have made one good thought or sentence.

That said, it's annoying (yes! I have to read this crap!) but not enough to ban him over

As several have said. On just about any other site, he would have been banned by now. This isn't "every other site" and we just aren't that controlling here!! If that upsets you enough to leave, then maybe Brand X or one of the other forums might be a better fit for you If you like being controlled and over moderated, then that's the place to be.

I'm not sold on our level of supervison here but having been elsewhere and seeing what happens when anal retentive types control things, I'm greatful for what we have...freedoms Could we do better? Absolutely!

Will it change in the future? Who knows? That's Rich's decision.

As we all know, some sites are more technically oriented than others, others are OVER MODERATED as we all know and routinely chase off good solid people to attract only newbies, elitist and leghumpers

That's simply not us and not here

I have over the last several months had the honor and opportunity to meet with personally or by phone, several of our members

Almost without exception, most have said that they visit one particular forum simply to be able to buy and sell things...then leave.

We have members that I know personally from other sites such as Digital Corvettes and the Valley, that also come here for the LOCAL COMARADERIE

One is a moderator at DC and a damned good one if I may say so

We all jump around, but to allow ones self to be "ran off" by a few simply over a disagreement in writing style, politcal position, personal beliefs and such just doesn't make sense.

A good balance is needed and I don't think we're there yet either, but it's not my call.

I think one or 2 sites may have reached that balance or are at least "close" in the way thier moderators and administrator handle matters.

DC is the one example that comes to mind.

Oh yes, they will ban you (BTDT) but it's usually after a lot of warnings or a major screw up (I didn't have any warnings so I must have pissed somebody off? Never found out but they welcomed me back...stuff happens).

So......David, I'm asking you publicly to do me a favor.

Please...think through your posts before starting a new thread.
Please...Use the PM function or the chat room if you want to have personal communications with an specific individual or 2.
Please...Use complete sentences and thoughts and use the same thread to respond (not a new one).
Please...No more riddles and such. This is not the 6th grade.

These few things may aleviate future threads such as this

For the rest of us:

Please....As Mark said. We're coming up on ThanksgivingWhy can't we all just be thankful that we have a regional forum such as this that allows us to express our ideas and commentary in an free and unedited manner without worry of bannings and repurcussions.

We don't always have to nor will we always agree.

First and foremost, we are a CORVETTE site that caters to the FLORIDA corvette owner and enthusiast.

We/I welcome anyone from anywhere to join us regardless of your residency status.

I don't give a damned if you ever come to Florida!

If you simply enjoy Corvettes, the State of Florida and all we have to offer, or just want to be part of our little family, then you're MORE THAN WELCOMED here

I would really appreciate it if this could be the end of this issue.

If anyone wishes to take issue with anything I've said here, please feel free to call me @ (813) 478-2726.

I have no issue with open discussion. I do have an issue with open dissention to the point where it effects the membership

Remember:

Unread 11-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #44
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Nicely put Gordon. I nominate you for Secretary of State!!
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #45
Harbor Master

Name :
Harbor Master has disabled reputation
Default IT IS FINISHED

Shadow,
With all do respect for you and CORVETTE FLORIDA. I will accept what you are saying to all of us. I use the word us because hopefully you meant this for everyone involved in this fracas. This part I know ANTRAX will appreciate. I will lay down my sword and pen and make every attempt not to pick it up again. We will all live to debate another day. HUTCH
Harbor Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #46
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Master View Post
Shadow,
With all do respect for you and CORVETTE FLORIDA. I will accept what you are saying to all of us. I use the word us because hopefully you meant this for everyone involved in this fracas. This part I know ANTRAX will appreciate. I will lay down my sword and pen and make every attempt not to pick it up again. We will all live to debate another day. HUTCH
Yes, I did.

And thank you. That works for me brother

Remember:

Unread 11-23-2008, 10:54 PM   #47
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default PM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Yes, I did.

And thank you. That works for me brother
May I add?.......AMEN!!
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #48
ANTBRAX

Name :
ANTBRAX has disabled reputation

I was gone all day, but, having read this entire tread...I must say that I will TRY to control myself in the future. DVD is not a bad dude...he gets a bad rap! I only hope that the future brings mutual respect among ALL parties here, and that NOBODY is singled out as undeserving of being associated with this forum.

TONY
ANTBRAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 04:04 AM   #49
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTBRAX View Post
I was gone all day, but, having read this entire tread...I must say that I will TRY to control myself in the future. DVD is not a bad dude...he gets a bad rap! I only hope that the future brings mutual respect among ALL parties here, and that NOBODY is singled out as undeserving of being associated with this forum.

TONY

That's our goal

Thanks.

Remember:

Unread 11-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #50
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

As always my Ninja Turtle twin is an awesome peacekeeper. If I don't get on the stick Gordon, i'm going to be the only turtle. You're looking good my friend. keep it up!!!
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote