The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 06-21-2007, 05:43 AM   #41
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I like it the way it is .But I might like it even more ,so change away and i'll stick with ya.
I'd just as soon Krazy stays in the closet though.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 07:18 AM   #42
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Dang...

Rich, you must have a good supply of TYLENOL at the house.
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:04 AM   #43
Psychotic Avian

Name :
Psychotic Avian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Thank you all for the kind words.

I guess my worry stems mostly from the concern that this site could very easily just die on the vine. There were some very active regular posters here, and they just left. So it makes me feel that I am doing something wrong here to chase them off. If that can happen to them, then it can happen to others as well. Meanwhile I am clueless about what I am doing wrong as the last member fades off into the sunset.

Yes, I know what it takes to make a site like this work. Traffic. But obviously that is a catch-22. How do you get the traffic to attract the traffic?

Many sites just don't make it. A LOT, actually. It's difficult to break the ice, and then once you do, you may wind up on a small iceberg that just floats away and melts.

Heck, I don't know. That's why I started this thread. To give anyone and everyone a chance to throw suggestions at me. It may very well be that all it will take is time on the playing field, and I just have to be patient.

Or maybe as has been suggested give away a free vette to the member who makes the most posts. Like, say, the first one to hit 1 million posts. I'll be dead and gone then anyway, so by that time it would be someone else's problem.

No, I don't think this will ever become a really HUGE site. Probably can't simply because the target audience is so small. How many Corvette owners are in Florida that have an interest in participating on a message board system? Probably not all that many. So I am trying to find out why anyone who meets that criteria who knows about this site is NOT here as a regular....
From one admin to another!!!!!

Yo Rich Z-Snap out of it!!!!!!!!! This forum is wonderful. It has character and ORIGINALITY. I know of several other corvette forums that have tried to make it and simply have 2 posts a month. The reason they don't make it is that they do LACK the character and originality that will make such a forum work. Take the Valley for instance. We placed stuff in it that simply is not on other forums. We consider ourselves an "alernative corvette site" A place where folks can go and do things they can't on other forums. It is that originality that I believe keeps forums of this type alive.

Your originality of being a regional forum as well as the set up you have is indeed attracting folks from the area. I would not be flashing your banner on the Valley if I didn't think this place was interesting or worthy of any of my members to visit. Keep up the good work and don't worry about people coming and going. It happens ALL THE TIME on ALL forums. Here and everywhere. It is just a fact of life. The funny thing is that some folks end up coming out of nowhere and returning to post.

I know how much hard work it takes to run a forum and it can get upsetting if you find one of your key members missing. But you will find that new blood constantly joins up and you end up forgetting about those that have left.

I hope this helps! Take care!
Psychotic Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #44
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default RichZ,

Quote:
I, too, would like to have a handful of experts here that we can all go to. But what do I offer such people to get them to avail themselves of their services here? Believe me I have tried with some, but obviously I am failing in that endeavor. I try to field some questions myself, but I DEFINITELY am no expert. I try to help if I can, but I do realize that this just isn't good enough for those people who have technical questions that they REALLY would like to have answers to. So in not getting them here, they obviously will go elsewhere to get them.

So how could this problem be resolved?
Another Thought...
Would it be Feasible to have a "Sticky" (or several) placed somewhere on the Main Page, that lists all of the DIAGNOSTIC CODES and how to access them for each generation Vette (that has this feature)? Kind of a Quick Reference Chart.
Or maybe, a Page that has Links to Data bases, for technical information and support in general.
We may not have the as many people that "know it all" here, but we could at least supply various links to some and direct members to them.
Got auto troubles... check out our links for tech. advise.

~Ray

~Ray
Unread 06-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #45
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Quote:

If I could impose on you, would you mind doing this for me? I'm getting into my crunch time with my animals beginning to hatch, so time is going to be getting in VERY short supply. You just tell me what you need in order to make it happen and that will be that.

Besides, I wouldn't want anyone to give me credit for work done by someone else anyway. If that is YOUR info, I would prefer that YOU post in along with the resulting credit for posting such helpful info.

BTW, got your email, but just haven't had time to reply to it. I'm also in the beginning stages of moving another one of my servers to a new data center, so things on my plate have been a bit messy lately.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.
I don't mind doing it as I have already done it. I have the info in folders, it just has to have the picture mated with the text and then posted. I would think that you would want to have a section for model info and pics, and a Concept Car section for models and pics. That would have to be set up here.

I really don't care about getting credit for anything, just being able to contribute back is what it is all about.

As I said I have a folder with all the info ready to go so you can look at it and see if it is something you want to post here, hell you might look at it and think I have rocks in my head for wanting to post this info.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #46
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
I don't mind doing it as I have already done it. I have the info in folders, it just has to have the picture mated with the text and then posted. I would think that you would want to have a section for model info and pics, and a Concept Car section for models and pics. That would have to be set up here.

I really don't care about getting credit for anything, just being able to contribute back is what it is all about.

As I said I have a folder with all the info ready to go so you can look at it and see if it is something you want to post here, hell you might look at it and think I have rocks in my head for wanting to post this info.
If women and children scream and suffer agonizing injuries from looking at that stuff, well yes, I guess we will have to remove it....

But otherwise let's see what we can do with it.

I'm in the middle of a server move with my main server, so things are kind of hairy right now............
Unread 06-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #47
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyard Mechanic
I like it here even with the "special" people . They make it that much more enjoyable

kEN
Unread 06-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #48
sglfladad

Name :
sglfladad is on a distinguished road

Rich,

I, for one like the regional aspect of this site. I felt warmly welcomed the day I signed up and although I don't post a ton of messages..I'm here just about everyday. Yes, a few dry spells here and there, but life calls at times.

Keep up the good work. Your efforts don't go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Chuck
sglfladad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #49
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglfladad
Rich,

I, for one like the regional aspect of this site. I felt warmly welcomed the day I signed up and although I don't post a ton of messages..I'm here just about everyday. Yes, a few dry spells here and there, but life calls at times.

Keep up the good work. Your efforts don't go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Chuck
Very well said and thats exactly how I feel.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #50
tv_dir

Name :
tv_dir is on a distinguished road
Default One of the 1,323

Quote:
So how do we get those other 1,323 registered members to hang out here regularly? Is there something that needs to be here to attract them that is not? Or is there something here that chases them away that should not be here?

This place would really be jumping if we had their daily participation.....
Rich,
I am guilty as charged. I joined because it was specifically for Florida Vette owners.
But as I would check the site 2 or 3 times a day, I found that not many people were posting on a regular basis. This was discouraging to me. I also am a member of CorvetteForum, and with the 15,000+ people from all over the world, I just find it more interesting. There are people posting every minute of every day! Just refresh the page and POW! more threads. Sometimes I really like the controversial threads....and post.....sometimes I just read for info.

I have logged onto this site and have literally seen no new posts for a month or more. What is there to bring me back? The regulars on this site need to post on a daily basis, or there is no incentive to come back.

I really don't mean to sound harsh, honestly. But you asked why the drop-off.

I like a "busy" forum where thoughts can be exchanged almost as fast as instant messaging. If you can figure out how to achieve that, I'm sure more people would respond...including me.

With all due respect,

--Mike--