The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 08-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #41
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Actually, I'm thinking I will need wings on the car before I will need brakes. Maybe have some way to redirect the exhaust AND split off the turbo boost to rocket propel the car when launched.

Anyway, Chris and Keli have the check so they can start ordering everything for the build. Guess that will wait for them to get back from their race in Savannah this weekend.

I'm hoping this will all be done in time for the St. Augustine excursion in October. Otherwise I'm going to have to try to talk Connie into taking her car there for that trip.
DAMN CAR BETTER BE THERE!
I, for one, am probably as anxious as you are to see the finished project.
Chris and Keli.......overnite EVERYTHING.........hell, you're not paying for it !
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #42
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

We are gonna get everything ordered ASAP. We started ordering some stuff today

I think were as anxious as everyone else

We want this done by St Augustine time too !! I think I read they will be checking into St Augustine Oct 20th...so hopefully it will be all done like the week before
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #43
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME View Post

We are gonna get everything ordered ASAP. We started ordering some stuff today

I think were as anxious as everyone else

We want this done by St Augustine time too !! I think I read they will be checking into St Augustine Oct 20th...so hopefully it will be all done like the week before
Nothing like being under the gun......is there?
Remember............N-O Do Overs........
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #44
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Just out of curiosity, what will the break-in procedure be that I need to follow for the motor, clutch, etc.? For a new car, they say don't go over 50 mph for the first 500 miles. THAT would be a killer, for certain. Not sure how I could do that unless I just kept it in second gear the entire trip.

Oh yeah, if you guys see us roar into St. Augustine and hear police sirens in the distance following us, find me a place to hide the car QUICKLY!!

BTW, when Chris and Keli were here last night, Chris just happens to mention "Well about the only thing I can think of that you may want to consider adding to your car, is perhaps a carbon fiber driveshaft...."

So I'm thinking, "??? Carbon fiber driveshaft? What in the world FOR? Chris has got race cars on his mind again...."

But at least he saw my road and now understands why I don't want the car lowered any.

So I looked up some info on that cf driveshaft thingie. Well, damn.... So the stock driveshaft has a rubber donut around it to keep the center of the stock aluminum shaft from bumping into the inside of the torque tube when it *flexes* at high RPMs. Since this thing spins at engine speeds, you are talking about possibly a LOT of flexing at high RPM and high torque applications. The carbon fiber shaft completely eliminates that sort of problem. Kind of an exotic mod, and probably something I will never really need, but that motor is going to be capable of some serious torque. Not sure what redline will be on it, but I'm guessing it will be able to top my stock LS6. Sooo.... I guess they'll be ordering me one of these things as well..........

Yeah, this is going to be one wicked machine..... And probably a heck of a lot more fun to drive than that new C6Z would have been....
Unread 08-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #45
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Yeah I wasnt a fan of the break in time when my motor was built. I drove it around town for the first 250 miles then took it on a road trip to lake wales by the time I got back it was time for fun lol, an no stretch of highway to test the boost.
Unread 08-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #46
MRS. XTREME

Name :

yea the break in miles suck but its gotta be done ....chris wont touch it until at least 500 miles are put on it and depending on the car sometimes he request more...but yours is gonna be 1000 miles he wants to go through at least 3 oil changes before switching to synthetic ....SORRY rich ... we are at roebling raceway as we speak having a blast but its HOT !!!! had to check my email real quick ...o and last night we had a blow out in the middle of nowhere no street lights in a town with a total of 3 cops at 11 pm....literally !!! SUCKED...dont worry rich ur rev limiter will be set at 3000 ...JUST IN CASE
Unread 08-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #47
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME View Post
yea the break in miles suck but its gotta be done ....chris wont touch it until at least 500 miles are put on it and depending on the car sometimes he request more...but yours is gonna be 1000 miles he wants to go through at least 3 oil changes before switching to synthetic ....SORRY rich ... we are at roebling raceway as we speak having a blast but its HOT !!!! had to check my email real quick ...o and last night we had a blow out in the middle of nowhere no street lights in a town with a total of 3 cops at 11 pm....literally !!! SUCKED...dont worry rich ur rev limiter will be set at 3000 ...JUST IN CASE
3000 rpm! I guess I'll just have to leave it in 6th gear the entire time.

Sorry to hear about your blowout. That had to suck...
Unread 08-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #48
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
3000 rpm! I guess I'll just have to leave it in 6th gear the entire time.

Sorry to hear about your blowout. That had to suck...
Yes, all break-ins are done with a higher zinc content dino oil until the rings seat....but we do after a 100 or so miles and the first oil change like to see some 5k rpm runs to make sure the entire range is covered in break-in. Then I suspect Chris will cut open the filter to inspect for issues after each change (just tells you what is going on in the motor...we expect to see a fair amount of iron dust from the rings seating but no bearing material). After 1,000 miles we go to pure syn. You guys have GOT to try Swepco syn. It is an off-road idustrial/race syn that is heads above any we have seen or used ever.
Unread 08-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #49
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Yes, all break-ins are done with a higher zinc content dino oil until the rings seat....but we do after a 100 or so miles and the first oil change like to see some 5k rpm runs to make sure the entire range is covered in break-in. Then I suspect Chris will cut open the filter to inspect for issues after each change (just tells you what is going on in the motor...we expect to see a fair amount of iron dust from the rings seating but no bearing material). After 1,000 miles we go to pure syn. You guys have GOT to try Swepco syn. It is an off-road idustrial/race syn that is heads above any we have seen or used ever.

yep....exactly, oil change after 100 miles and then of course check the filter etc....we will def. have to look into the swepco syn and see what it is about.

Chris out ran 2 GTR's with one of his stage 3 vettes...and he was VERY HAPPY !!! The GTR guys came up and said "Man that is a good sounding vette" they heard it as he passed them on the track

Anyway we will post some pics soon...we got rained out right after lunch IT POURED !!!! We will soon be on our way
Unread 08-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #50
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Heck, I can put 100 miles on it just by driving back home and then turn around and head back to Chris's shop.

Is the break-in oil (and resultant wear residue) going to cause any issues with in my turbos?