The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 06-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #41
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #42
meatpony

Name :
meatpony has disabled reputation

new poster here guess I can't be gone yet...BTW where did they go??
meatpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #43
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

They're still around...
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #44
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpony View Post
new poster here guess I can't be gone yet...BTW where did they go??
Yeah, people's interests will change. They get excited about their new car, log into a site and post a few, then fall into the "it's just a car" rut. Probably most that you see on the roads who don't wave have fallen into that category. Or else started out that way.

I'm sure every site would love to have 100 percent of their registered members being active participants, but it just doesn't work that way. It is normally a very VERY low percentage in every case I have ever seen.
Unread 06-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #45
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

Been a member for over 2 years..still lurking around but not as much time lately to play. I think that might be the case with some of the other members.
zzzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #46
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Hey Rich,

I know that you tried to get this thread back on track, ...but to be honest, I thought it was an interesting read! There haven't been many of those lately! Maybe the way this thread ventured off into past issues on CF will be interesting to some of our other members and perk a few of them up.

And Yellow, please don't take this as a bitch or complaint, but from a guy that happens to be red/green color blind (which is not uncommon amongst males), your posts are very difficult for me to read. The red font against the dark background of the page tends to blur for me and makes your post difficult to read. So, when I see your posts I try to read them, but if you post a lot, like lately, it makes it hard for me to get through them. I would rather not pass over anyones posts. If you must post in a color, I can read Jim's posts in yellow and I don't think he has registered a trademark on that color font.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #47
donzee

Name :
donzee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzona View Post
Been a member for over 2 years..still lurking around but not as much time lately to play. I think that might be the case with some of the other members.
I,ve been around but almost never post. Check almost daily.
Enjoy all the info & everybodys views, but for me to post like Shadow, I,d have to quit my job.
donzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #48
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Really guys, the only thing you need to worry about concerning this site is if I get the feeling that it has been abandoned completely and decide to use the vBulletin license for some other hare brained site I want to start up. As long as I feel this site is being useful to at least a handful of people, I'll keep it around.
Unread 06-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #49
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzee View Post
I,ve been around but almost never post. Check almost daily.
Enjoy all the info & everybodys views, but for me to post like Shadow, I,d have to quit my job.

The benefits of self employment
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #50
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

WoW, I thought I would ask a serious question about where some of the old posters have gone and what it has turned into. This was the first Corvette Forum I signed onto is is currently one of two that I visit. I've always felt this was my home as I met a lot of great people here, and some I hope, I can say are good friends.
During my brief membership here, I've defended this forum against those whom I felt threatened Corvette Forum. My belief system drives me to be a very outspoken person. I speak my mind and have good grounds to say what I say. I don't start rumors and trust my references of information.
The above has been stated in regards to this post and some things I, as well as others have posted. I made a statement that I believed to be true. I followed the facts and came up with a conclusion. I approached someone with my concerns seeking documentation of the facts I presented them. After weighing all the input, I decided to make a post stating what my conclusion was. I was defending the onslaught of attacks from a couple of members who because of there position on another Corvette Forum come here to degrade this small site and telling Rich and everyone else what they should be doing.
I was approached and took down my accusation as a courtesy to Corvette Florida. Now I'm being asked to make a formal apology to the people who attacked this forum and it's membership. I will not apologize now or in the future for things I've said that I hold as truths. Rich Z, I was defending the Corvette Florida and if you would believe or trust the intruders more then C5Rick, so be it. They have won another battle.