The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 11-02-2010, 12:39 AM   #551
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

You know, I'm looking at these new photos, and the video I posted earlier of the transmission and differential Chris spray painted (which turned out to be my original ones that Harwood was claiming were the rebuilt ones), and seriously ( ) I can't tell the difference. I guess Chris was right in apparently thinking that I would likely be too stupid to be able to tell the difference. Just like I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between spray painted turbo housings and ones that had been truly ceramic coated.

Oh yeah, I guess I wasn't supposed to be able to tell whether that transmission brace was installed or not. It IS rather hard to figure out whether it is there or not, isn't it...
Unread 11-02-2010, 01:18 AM   #552
Benjamin

Name : BENJAMIN LONG SR.
Benjamin is on a distinguished road

Rich,

IF GM does stuff like Ford shouldn't some part of your VIN be on the tranny and differential that was sent up to RPM? if so that will prove if it was the original one from your car or not.

just thinking outside of the box, so if RPM used your case you sent then when it gets back you should be able to make sure the numbers match. if they don't then.... well you get where i am going.....
Unread 11-02-2010, 01:36 AM   #553
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
Rich,

IF GM does stuff like Ford shouldn't some part of your VIN be on the tranny and differential that was sent up to RPM? if so that will prove if it was the original one from your car or not.

just thinking outside of the box, so if RPM used your case you sent then when it gets back you should be able to make sure the numbers match. if they don't then.... well you get where i am going.....
I don't know. Chris painted over the old transmission and differential, so I'm not sure if such a number would be stamped into those units or in a manner that the paint would have covered it. It is my opinion that Chris painted those units to try to obscure the fact that I was not getting the transmission and differential I paid him for.

I believe that RPM rebuilt the cases I sent to them, so they should be whatever was sent up to them. Just the internals were changed out and upgraded where specified.

Perhaps Aaron would know the answer to this question and could check when they arrive at his place on Wednesday. Since Chris has admitted to me in two separate emails that I did not get the transmission and differential I paid him for, then the detail of whether they are actually my original ones, or someone else's is probably moot anyway. But I guess for my own curiosity, I would like to know the answer to that one.
Unread 11-02-2010, 01:39 AM   #554
Benjamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Perhaps Aaron would know the answer to this question and could check when they arrive at his place on Wednesday. Since Chris has admitted to me in two separate emails that I did not get the transmission and differential I paid him for, then the detail of whether they are actually my original ones, or someone else's is probably moot anyway. But I guess for my own curiosity, I would like to know the answer to that one.
it is worth asking, cause if they don't match then that might explain why there was a "clicking" that wasn't present before.....
Unread 11-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #555
Benjamin

i just saw the transmission and diff. in person..... it is SOOOOOO nice and clean.... i'd almost not want to drive it cause you know it is going to get dirty....

EDIT:
pictures of ceramic coated parts will be posted later on tonight.... stay tuned.... it is finally coming together...
Unread 11-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #556
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't know. Chris painted over the old transmission and differential, so I'm not sure if such a number would be stamped into those units or in a manner that the paint would have covered it. It is my opinion that Chris painted those units to try to obscure the fact that I was not getting the transmission and differential I paid him for.

I believe that RPM rebuilt the cases I sent to them, so they should be whatever was sent up to them. Just the internals were changed out and upgraded where specified.

There should be the last 6 or 8 #'s (Can't Remember,I think it's 8) of your VIN Stamped in the case!!
Unread 11-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #557
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
There should be the last 6 or 8 #'s (Can't Remember,I think it's 8) of your VIN Stamped in the case!!
Do you remember exactly WHERE on the case?

Honestly if that is the case, I wouldn't put it past Harwood to file off those numbers to obscure them. He likely would know of that as well, and if you accept the fact of the reasons behind the paint job, then taking steps to eradicate the ID number could be presumed. But it doesn't matter, since I have email confessions from him anyway that he put my old transmission and differential back in my car. And certainly when RPM opened them up, they found all stock components inside the cases. So there is NO doubt about what transpired as far as I am concerned.
Unread 11-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #558
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do you remember exactly WHERE on the case?

Honestly if that is the case, I wouldn't put it past Harwood to file off those numbers to obscure them. He likely would know of that as well, and if you accept the fact of the reasons behind the paint job, then taking steps to eradicate the ID number could be presumed. But it doesn't matter, since I have email confessions from him anyway that he put my old transmission and differential back in my car. And certainly when RPM opened them up, they found all stock components inside the cases. So there is NO doubt about what transpired as far as I am concerned.
Can't remember just where,I'll try to get mine up and find it and take a photo!

Removeing

Vin #'s is good for 8-10 years!!
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #559
Benjamin

Here are some pics... the lighter in color parts are coated but not cured. The parts are all in the oven as I type. 45 more minutes.... I think your going to like them
Name:  IMG_20101105_215527.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  79.5 KB
Name:  IMG_20101105_215415.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  72.2 KB
Name:  IMG_20101105_215606.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  65.5 KB
Name:  IMG_20101105_215501.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  68.1 KB
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #560
Rich Z

Heck yeah! Looking GOOD!

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports