The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 05-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #51
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady N View Post
By the way Yellow Me and My wife seen your car b-4 and we think is a very sexy car and good looking. Just love that car that you as you should love your family and this awesome country. GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Wow Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady N View Post
I do it 1st for the love of the car ,2nd to help a good cause ie cancer ,childrens etc , 3rd to enjoy the other beautiful car there . .

Yes for a good cause - especially children's cancer (St. Jude in particular)
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #52
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Man, I have NEVER expected to win a trophy at any of the car shows we have attended. I clean up my car and shiny up anything that can be made shiny, but realistically, it's only for my own pleasure in doing so. I like my car to LOOK good. But only to the level where it is reasonable to me. I put bling under the hood because it pleases me, not because I think it may coerce someone to vote for MY car over someone else's. I just enjoy being at the shows, and wish I could squeeze in the time to attend more of them.

At the last show we attended, it was a judged show, and the judges were hovering around my car. I asked the guy parked next to me what the judges were actually looking for in order to rate a car. He said "mostly lint"...... I barely stifled a laugh. But the guy was NOT cracking a joke like I thought he was doing. So I'm standing there watching the judges looking inside my car at all the sand (I live on a dirt road), thinking "if they find those pretzels I dropped alongside the seat a few weeks ago, I hope they will at least pull them out for me....." Lint? I was hoping they wouldn't find any old socks underneath the seats......... They didn't spend much time there, so I guess they found the pretzels...........

Sorry, but I guess I'm just not into this at the level where I really care about such things. I appreciate those who can and will put in that kind of dedication, but it just isn't me.
Unread 05-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #53
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
find any old socks underneath the seats

Socks heck, I hope they don't find that old Penthouse

Quote:
Yes for a good cause - especially children's cancer (St. Jude in particular)
Thats a good one as is:

Shriners Childrens Hospital, All Chilrens, TGH Burn unit, St. Josephs Childrens Hospital....anything for the kids
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 06:41 PM   #54
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Man, I have NEVER expected to win a trophy at any of the car shows we have attended. I clean up my car and shiny up anything that can be made shiny, but realistically, it's only for my own pleasure in doing so. I like my car to LOOK good. But only to the level where it is reasonable to me. I put bling under the hood because it pleases me, not because I think it may coerce someone to vote for MY car over someone else's. I just enjoy being at the shows, and wish I could squeeze in the time to attend more of them.

At the last show we attended, it was a judged show, and the judges were hovering around my car. I asked the guy parked next to me what the judges were actually looking for in order to rate a car. He said "mostly lint"...... I barely stifled a laugh. But the guy was NOT cracking a joke like I thought he was doing. So I'm standing there watching the judges looking inside my car at all the sand (I live on a dirt road), thinking "if they find those pretzels I dropped alongside the seat a few weeks ago, I hope they will at least pull them out for me....." Lint? I was hoping they wouldn't find any old socks underneath the seats......... They didn't spend much time there, so I guess they found the pretzels...........

Sorry, but I guess I'm just not into this at the level where I really care about such things. I appreciate those who can and will put in that kind of dedication, but it just isn't me.
you R too much RichZ
Unread 05-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #55
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Personally i like going to talk to fellow corvette owners and steal their idea's Was at the show for a while met C5rick,98 softtail and company and " Mr.THOR" and had to spilt to meet a friend at the Braden River high school car show. Did have a busy day .Loved every minute of it
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #56
Her03C5

Name :
Her03C5 has disabled reputation

I belong to the yellow shirt club and I want you to know how I vote. I agree with Red98Z. If your hood is not up then you do not want to be judged and I move on. That goes for all cars including those in my own club. One item I look for that helps me separate the cars is did the owner take the time to wipe the sand off the treads? In C1 & C2 class I favor the cars that are driven to the show. I can't stand it when an older car is backed out of an enclosed trailer and put on display never experiencing road grime, love bugs or rain drops. How hard is it to polish your car at home put it in a trailer and enter it in a show. Now, don't get me wrong. I really do appreciate all the work that went into restoring these vettes but this is the wrong venue for these cars. Stay out of the local car shows and go compete with the big boys.
Her03C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 10:26 PM   #57
pewter99
This place cracks me up

Name :
pewter99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Man, I have NEVER expected to win a trophy at any of the car shows we have attended. .
me either...first time I have shown my car in over a year

it was out at UCP but we can't win there..
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #58
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Show

It was a great show and I got to meet alot of old friends and make some new ones.

Thanks to "Backyard Mechanic" for his video:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...008_160010.htm

also:

TBV took Club Trophy
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/photo...o=1793&cat=514

Corvette Florida:
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/photo...o/1792/cat/514

The "Killer Zee":
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/photo...o/1791/cat/514

JIM

Last edited by JIM KILL; 05-06-2008 at 10:33 AM.
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #59
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

First of all....

Deb and the kids had a great day at the Circle, Shopping and Snacking...

We had a great lunch at Tommy Bahama's...

Chit-Chat with friends, new and old...

What surprised me was when a person with a "voting card" asked me what was the difference in the "73 parked behind me and my car, (a 2000 C5).

I told the guy to ask the owner of the '73...

This is an election year ....
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote