The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 05-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #61
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Kudos to PICC for a job well done...Great venue...great crowd...beautiful collection of Vettes...tour of lighthouse was a hoot - still trying to get my legs bag from the stair climb to the top which was worth it...tour of marine center was also a great time...the small Corvette Florida contingent that was there faired well at the show...definitely will put this event on my 2009 calendar for another go at it...

Armando
Unread 05-17-2008, 10:39 PM   #62
TR6speed

Name :
TR6speed is on a distinguished road

The wife an I just got in from the show. I want to pass along to all the members of the PICC that you put on a great show. It is hard to believe that this is only your third show. You all should be very proud of the job you did. I was very impressed, and I picked up some ideas to try and incorporate imto our annual St Pete Pier Show later this year. I am already looking forward to next year.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #63
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default Impressive show!

I too was surprised that this was PICC's 3rd show...seems they've been at this alot longer! Qudos!

Good time had by all I'm sure. One thing about it is that I never go to these show for trophies...either in the 06 or the 82's...I (and the SO) strictly go as paid participants with guaranteed parking! Its the charity work thats involved that impresses us!

Didn't do the 203 steps to the top of the Lighthouse thing...kinda trying to just get around with 3 bad disks in my back at the moment.

Sorry to have missed you there as well Shadow...I had a cold one waiting on ya! As well as Ken and Carrie...also had a brewski or two ready and waiting. "Goldie" will be back with us soon...don't fret! Neverthless, I took care of thos Corona's for ya so they would not get warm! Always next year...and always tons of shows over Tampa way to tease us throughout the year as well. More opportunities along the way!
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 10:41 AM   #64
Mr. Blue

Location: Edgewater, Florida, just 20 miles south of Daytona, Fl.
Name :
Mr. Blue has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasajack View Post
I had a cold one waiting on ya (Shadow)! As well as Ken and Carrie...also had a brewski or two ready and waiting. "Goldie" will be back with us soon...don't fret! Neverthless, I took care of thos Corona's for ya so they would not get warm!
Damn Jack, I thought your poor walking was from your back! Now I read it was from all those brewski's!
Great talking with ya there.
Another thing that impressed me with the show was their 'spare no expense to make everyone happy' attitude. When two people tied for a win, they quickly siad, we'll just get another trophy for both of you, and those were NOT cheezy little trophies. Very nice hardware.
Way to please the masses guys. Right attitude to keep them coming back.
Now, go rest, Harvey and crew Glenn
*Glenn is a past VP of Faternal Order Of Police Lodge #40
*A member of the United States Navy Memorial.
*A member of the Veterans With Vettes Corvette Club
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
*The proud grandparent to Leah Martinez!!!
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #65
Scully

Name :
Scully has disabled reputation

I also had a great time this was the first show that I can say that they had all their ducks in a row. It was a great day for some great cars. Congratulations to Harvey and the crew
Scully is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #66
PIVette

Name :
PIVette has disabled reputation

Hi Gals and Guys,

I'd like to shout out a great big Thank You to the cars that were able to attend this years show. What an awesome group of folks

Thanks for your kind posts here on the Florida Online Corvette Club, they mean a lot to the many club members that worked hard to make the show happen.

Now please help us out ..... Feedback is the key to making shows more successful.

Send me your suggestions and complaints (no matter how minor) and we will learn from them, and try to improve future shows. Offduty1@aol.com

I'm pretty thick skinned, so don't worry about hurting my feelings ...

I'll be posting the judging results later tonight or tomorrow.....anyone that Registered but could not attend ... "goodybag" stuff will be going in the mail to you in a few days.

Thanks Again,
Harvey
PIVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #67
TR6speed

Name :
TR6speed is on a distinguished road

The only thing I can think of right now is that the C5 class (my class) was setup with 5 years in one group and three in the other. I have normally seen it setup as 97-00 & 01-04. One other point, and it is more to help make it easier for your judges. At Ecklers that parked the cars by there class, which made it easier for the judges to get to all their assigned cars. Having them all mixed together looks good from the spectators point of view. With them parked all over the area, there is always the chance that one or two may get missed.

Other then that, I am not sure that you are going to get many complaints. Like I stated before it is hard to believe that this was only your third event. I am going to try and incorporate some of you groups ideas into our St Pete Pier show, if I can get the other board members to agree.

See you next year.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2008, 10:58 PM   #68
PIVette

Name :

Thanks for the response...
Great questions, those are 2 issues we spent a lot of time deciding. Here's the short answers:

We split the classes by the years of the cars that registered, trying to keep the classes balanced in size for the judges. This year dividing it as we did, we had 18 in C-5A and 17 in C-5B.

Pros and Cons on parking by class.... easier for the judges, but we found most clubs want to park together. Also, some folks didn't want to park on the grass(sand) in the park, and some folks didn't want to park on the hot asphalt. We do a first come first served, with the first cars going into the park until it's filled, unless they specifically request the asphalt parking.

Don't hesitate to call (386) 760-1048 or email Offduty1@aol.com if you need any additional info for your show at the St Pete Pier...

Thanks Again,

Harvey
Unread 05-21-2008, 08:47 AM   #69
Mr. Blue

Location: Edgewater, Florida, just 20 miles south of Daytona, Fl.
Name :
Mr. Blue has disabled reputation
Default Suggestion

Harvey,
In an effort to include the two seperate lots into one show area, why not move the registration, sound, and info tent into that area next to where you gave the trophies away, on the other side of the rest room building, so the people on the asphalt were not so 'seperated' by the goings on?
The location by the rest rooms on the north-western side, while very convient for those on the grass, seemed to seperate the other group from one another. Locating the main center on the east side might 'combine' the two better. Small deal for an overall well run, wonderful show. Glenn
*Glenn is a past VP of Faternal Order Of Police Lodge #40
*A member of the United States Navy Memorial.
*A member of the Veterans With Vettes Corvette Club
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
*The proud grandparent to Leah Martinez!!!
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #70
PIVette

Name :

Good thought Glenn,

Thanks to you, and your lovely wife for attending the show, and congratulations for taking 1st place in Modified class.

It's always been a concern of mine that the cars parked in the asphalt lot would feel somewhat isolated, and not part of the main group. I had initially requested that the Town make some of the fencing removable between the 2 areas, but for whatever reason, that never happened.

The first year of the show, the tents were on the east side of the sidewalk. The music and sound from the stage was so loud that they couldn't hear themselves think ... so, for show 2 and 3 they were moved to the west side, further from the stage.

We placed the photographer, soda truck, food stand, large 20x40 tent and our club members cars in the asphalt area, to draw folks out there. Perhaps that's not enough !!! We'll take a look at moving stuff further east for next year....

Thanks Again and special thanks for bringing "Blue" to the show....

Harvey