The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 12-28-2010, 12:06 AM   #81
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Any news Mike? Hoping it will be done this week.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #82
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

As of the end of last week only the short block was done. They plan on getting the rest of the motor built and installed this week.I doubt if it will be done by the end of the year. Hopefully by the end of next week. That will give me a week to get it sorted out before the trip to Clearwater.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #83
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

I take app 2 days to do an engine build....always have 2 or more going together on any given week. Short block takes 4-6 hours depending on if the rings are file fit and if the cam bearings need to be replaced.
Unread 12-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #84
vetteguy61

New cam bearings were installed 2 weeksd ago.The rings were file fitted.I didn't stop by there today to see how things were going. There may still be some parts missing that no one knows yet.Plus a new wiring harness is being put in along with front and rear inner and outer tie rods, lower ball joints front and rear and new brake pads and rotors turned.Seems to me all that work could have been done while my car sat there for 3 months.I'm not planning on having my car ready until next week.
Unread 12-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #85
vetteguy61

Hit a snag today in finishing my motor.Oil pressure sensor cam senor,knock senors,belt tensioner,coil pack harness and a few arp head bolts, plus the throttle body I had ordered is for a stock intake not my 92 MM F.A.S.T intake.I eneded up ordering an LS2 drive by wire throttle body and the adaptor harness to go with it.Had to order new ARP head bolts too. Everything should be in by Monday.In the meantime the suspension work will get done. So without any more snags I should have my car back by next Fri.Hopefully any problems can be corrected before I leave for Clearwater next Fri morning.Will make reservations once I get my car back.On the 31st of Dec my car will have been down for 297 days.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Unread 12-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #86
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
There may still be some parts missing that no one knows yet.
Quote:
Hit a snag today in finishing my motor.Oil pressure sensor cam senor,knock senors,belt tensioner,coil pack harness and a few arp head bolts, plus the throttle body I had ordered is for a stock intake not my 92 MM F.A.S.T intake.I eneded up ordering an LS2 drive by wire throttle body and the adaptor harness to go with it.Had to order new ARP head bolts too. Everything should be in by Monday.In the meantime the suspension work will get done. So without any more snags I should have my car back by next Fri.Hopefully any problems can be corrected before I leave for Clearwater next Fri morning.Will make reservations once I get my car back.On the 31st of Dec my car will have been down for 297 days.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
At least you kind of expected this. I'm guessing maybe you had a word with them about getting the other stuff done.
Unread 12-31-2010, 09:43 PM   #87
vetteguy61

Well I got good news today. My motor is in the car now.All put back together except for a few parts that were missing. I should have thme Mon to be put on.Hopefully Tues it will be running and I can bring it back home.I didn't think this day was ever going to arrive.My wallet will be happy with no more outflow of cash.
Unread 12-31-2010, 09:44 PM   #88
vetteguy61

Oh I forgot HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!!!!
Unread 01-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #89
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Oh I forgot HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!!!!
Same to you, Mike. I doubt 2011 can be worse than 2010 was for the both of us concerning out cars.

Sounds like things are really shaping up for you lately. Hope you have it on the road, problem free, real soon....
Unread 01-01-2011, 12:50 AM   #90
Bob K
Deceased

Happy New Year guys. Good news Mike and I hope Rich is rolling next week also. 2011 has to be better, right? Heck ya.