The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 08-14-2023, 03:56 AM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default FS (For Sale) Light Pewter FRC 89,000mi- Connecticut $22,395

Greetings Corvette Forum,

I've been the proud, 2nd custodian of this machine since 2014 when I flew down to Florida and purchased from another forum member. It's been a joyous ownership experience. 9 years ago, however, I was a bachelor...haha!

This particular example has only been driven on the odd weekend cruise or backroads "spirited drive" for probably the last five years and has become more or less a garage queen that competes with an old Triumph Triple for attention. During the first few years of ownership it was tearing up the local autocross scene and even took home the gold in a few high profile SCCA national events. Back then I was amazed at how a 15 year old car could match, or even exceed the performance of many newer and more exotic marques. Indeed, a testament to the C5 engineering and development team.

Overall, both the interior and exterior present quite well, giving a clean and spritely impression with that classic 90s look. During ownership I've upgraded the original Sachs dampers to Koni adjustable with settings for both comfort or sport. Like most owners I found the exhaust a bit lacking and put on a nice Borla stainless system with matching X pipe. I decided to go with the mufflerless variant and was pleased with the result. If the next owner would like to return to stock, all parts have been kept safely in storage.

I've got some extra goodies lying around the garage as well, including a set of original OEM Speedline thin-spoke wheels and a pair of different sport swaybars. I'm keeping the Hurst cue ball shift **** as a memento.

Asking $22,395 or best offer. I believe these FRC's are getting harder to come by and, while I acknowledge a collector wouldn't likely be interested in something with this sort of mileage, they've certainly contributed their own bit of mystique to the Corvette story and lineage, thus commanding an appropriate premium. Please come take a look and consider me at your disposal to answer any questions. We're in Windsor Locks, CT right next to Bradley International Airport if you're a flyer!

The basic rundown:

1999 C5 Fixed Roof Coupe aka "FRC"
Light Pewter Metallic w/ Black leather interior
Z51 Package, Heads Up Display, Dual Climate, 10 (12?) Disc CD Changer
Original window sticker, leather bound manual with both Corvette ball-point pens.
All stock / oem components except for shocks and exhaust, all original parts safely stored and in excellent condition.
Some peripheral hardware replacement and/or retrofits:
- Original composite swaybar endlinks retrofitted with newer aluminum versions.
- Clutch replaced at shop by previous owner around the 60,000 mile mark, have service receipts.
- Replaced the EBCM myself around 2017 after getting an error code. Since then I deliberately (three times per year) take the car out and activate both the ABS and traction control system to cycle the brake fluid. Kept the original, unsure if it's one of the "fixable" variants.
- Always kept on Battery Tender in garage. Battery 4 years old.
- Just put the stock wheels and tires back on , which have 9 year old Uniroyal sports touring / all season tires (which were brand new at the time and have excellent tread) kept in climate controlled storage (the basement.)
- Only full synthetic 5w30 with AC Delco filter.

Common quirks, FAQs and personal anecdotes:

100% clean carfax, two keys w/ fobs, everything works, no CEL.
Usually needs some refrigerant added at the start of each summer. Haven't had it diagnosed or experimented with any of the sealant products. Blows ice cold after a can of R134a for 7 or 8 bucks.
Has the typical / occasional C5 1st gear clunkyness, you get used to it after 5 minutes of driving. When it's cold I go to 2nd then 1st.
Gets better highway mpg than the wife's 8 year old Camry.
No issues with steering lock, no active handling so nothing to worry about there.
Bear in mind we're talking almost 90k so if you zoom in on the front bumper you can spot the odd pebble knick etc., happy to provide close-up photos of any blemishes
Brand new radio ***** spring 2023, 2.5 y/o toddler attempted to consume bass and fade
Wife says the passenger side climate **** doesn't "go warm enough," doesn't bother me in the slightest
Neighborhood children regularly mesmerized by pop up headlights
New Balances available for extra fee SOLD

Kind Regards and thanks for reading :)
Joe

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote