The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 03-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
Hey guys, we gave the Republicans 8 years and they totally screwed everything up...Now, its the Democrats turn to do same...
So we allow them to destroy whats left in an attempt for equal time so they won't feel left out?

I might have to register Pub so I can vote primary. I'm sure a lot of Dems will be out to once again mess with the Pub primary results. When it's done, I can change back.
Unread 03-24-2010, 02:28 AM   #12
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
Hey guys, we gave the Republicans 8 years and they totally screwed everything up...Now, its the Democrats turn to do same...
Oh god, please no...

I think it's high time we quit rewarding the ass-backwards way candidates get elected. Banish the GOP and DEM parties from selecting candidates. Let each candidate declare they are REP or DEM to try to lure the sheep if they want, be be done with the power structure the parties have. We should have two elections:
1) an open election, in which every citizen may run and every citizen may vote for whomever they damn well please
2) a closed election between the top 3 candidates from the first election

^In my own perfect world, this would get rid of the ****ty choices that could be rammed down our throat, because the choices would be determined by the general public. Hopefully at least one of the candidates would be worth a damn, and they would get elected. If not, at least we elected a crappy candidate because we chose him... twice.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 05:51 AM   #13
larrybroga
Vett'n since 1961

Name : Larry Broga
larrybroga is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
So we allow them to destroy whats left in an attempt for equal time so they won't feel left out?

I might have to register Pub so I can vote primary. I'm sure a lot of Dems will be out to once again mess with the Pub primary results. When it's done, I can change back.
Let's see, Obama blamed Bush who blamed Clinton who blamed Bush/Reagan who blamed Carter, etc. etc. As far as I'm concerned, that's the ultimate cop-out.

I agree, I think I will also register Pub so I can vote in the primaries and then change back afterward.

Growing old is inevitable !
Growing up is optional !!!!
larrybroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #14
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Over 35 years ago when I heard about this,I Laughed!
I said,It would never happen!
Bendyover,It's here!!~!!!

More here!http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...5dd02ae54fb99e
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #15
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
Oh god, please no...

I think it's high time we quit rewarding the ass-backwards way candidates get elected. Banish the GOP and DEM parties from selecting candidates. Let each candidate declare they are REP or DEM to try to lure the sheep if they want, be be done with the power structure the parties have. We should have two elections:
1) an open election, in which every citizen may run and every citizen may vote for whomever they damn well please
2) a closed election between the top 3 candidates from the first election

^In my own perfect world, this would get rid of the ****ty choices that could be rammed down our throat, because the choices would be determined by the general public. Hopefully at least one of the candidates would be worth a damn, and they would get elected. If not, at least we elected a crappy candidate because we chose him... twice.

I couldn't agree more about the infection political parties have on this country, that's why I registered Independent. Only problem is in Florida not being able to vote in the primaries.
In his farewell address, George Washington warned against the dangers of political parties and urged for the uniting for the common good, an “American character”. People today treat their political party as they do their favorite football team and will argue endlessly who is the best quarterback. The politicians have us exactly where they want us.
Unread 03-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #16
tls630

Name :
tls630 has disabled reputation

Lets make sure we remeber this in the next election and get out and bury these jerks...........
tls630 is offline   Reply With Quote