The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 02-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #1
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation
Default Old f*rt's political rant!

Republicans? Democrats? WTF? First, please permit me to say that I am politically conservative (accused of being right wing). In my 66 yrs I've never voted for anyone other than a Republican. As a veteran, I believe in motherhood, apple pie, and a gun in every drawer. However, I am seriously concerned with the direction of our country.

The U.S. enonomy is plunging headlong into recession while we are being raped daily by big oil at the gas pump. Bankruptcies are at an all time high and thousands are losing jobs. The threat of inflation is at a 5 yr high. The U.S. borders are in shambles as the crime rate escalates (due largely to illegal immigration). We continue to pour billions into a war that has no end in sight and cannot be won. All this while our President galavants across S. Africa pledging billion$ to fight AIDS and hunger. While I am sympathetic to these causes, I have to ask: shouldn't America come first? Can anyone out there enlighten me why my thinking is incorrect? WTF is happening to us?

Our alternatives for the Nov. election (to elect the leader of our country) are indeed sad. I have yet to hear any candidate offer up the inspiration and required leadership to help us out of our dilemma(s). Again, we will be forced to vote for "the lesser of two evils" thus making DAMAGE CONTROL our utmost priority.
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

We're getting the best money can buy.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
jcb_njb

Name : Jim Brackett
jcb_njb is on a distinguished road

I wish Pat Paulsen was still running.
jcb_njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Beepster, I totally agree. The present administration was F*cked up this country no end.
Unread 02-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah. The sad thing is that in the future, today will be considered as "the good old days".................
Unread 02-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #6
LEJ ZO6
LEJ ZO6

Name :
LEJ ZO6 has disabled reputation
Default Best you can do

I would like to be able to go to the polls and vote for the best candidate.

Unfortunately, in this election, I feel like the best I can do is vote for the lessor of two evils.
LEJ ZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEJ ZO6 View Post
I would like to be able to go to the polls and vote for the best candidate.

Unfortunately, in this election, I feel like the best I can do is vote for the lessor of two evils.
Quite honestly, it has been that way for as long as I can remember. I have NEVER voted FOR someone. I have always voted AGAINST the other guy.

You have to ask yourself, is this the BEST that America can do offering up a leader of this country?
Unread 02-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I agree with you 100%! The problem is that anyone that is qualified and capable of running this country.....doesn't want to. It's in too big of a mess for anyone in their right mind to tackle. My last great hope was Ross Perot, and then he bailed. We need to mend our problems here at home before we try to fix things that we DIDN"T screw up overseas.

Remember, the lesser of two evils...........is still evil!
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

I will not waste my vote on either the red or blue team. I'll vote 3rd party, maybe someday someone will get the message but I doubt it.

Our kids will be spending more than half their paycheck to pay for the wealth redistribution that will take place in the next 10 years. Have we left them more than what we had? We sure did and they won't be able to pay for it.
Unread 02-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #10
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
I will not waste my vote on either the red or blue team. I'll vote 3rd party, maybe someday someone will get the message but I doubt it.

Our kids will be spending more than half their paycheck to pay for the wealth redistribution that will take place in the next 10 years. Have we left them more than what we had? We sure did and they won't be able to pay for it.
The question is, of course, is there anyone running independently who is worth voting for either?

To be quite honest, what this country really needs now is a benevolent king. Congress is too eaten up with special interests and self interests that even a PERFECT president really couldn't make much difference.

Unless we are invaded by altruistic aliens trying to save us from ourselves, I don't see the American public having the guts nor ability to change things. Quite honestly, maybe humanity is basically flawed in the ability to truly be what we would all like to think being "the ideal human" is all about.