The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

View Poll Results: Here's My Vote On Corvette Detailing
I'm a Serious Detailer with Serious Equipment 12 63.16%
I Use Wal*Mart Available Detailing Products e.g Maguiars 6 31.58%
I Regularly Pay for A Quality, Commericial, Detailer 0 0%
I Think All My Detailing Can Be Done At A Gas Station 0 0%
Why Detail, Only Going to Get Dirty Again 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 05-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #11
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro View Post
Exactly why I've started this thread. I've not touched the Vette yet...tried some topical stuff, local brand here is Topcoat. It has since been done by a pro detailer and has not been even in the rain since! Black has got to be the worst of worst.
I also have been an Adam's user for many years. I have been through most of the other brands and just felt that I get the best finish with the least amount of effort from Adam's stuff.

I am not trying to convince you to use Adam's products. Care care products can be a very touchy subject. Everyone has their own reasons for why they buy the products that they use. But since you are just getting started with the detailing of your Vette, I would recommend going to Adam's website and look at his videos on detailing. Regardless of which products you use, these videos will be helpful in learning the proper steps to detail your Vette.

Then I would recommend that you buy a few different brands and do your own test. But by all means, before you put any product on that black paint, make sure that you clay bar first and get the road dirt and contaminants off the surface of the paint.

I hope this helps.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post
I also have been an Adam's user for many years. I have been through most of the other brands and just felt that I get the best finish with the least amount of effort from Adam's stuff.

I am not trying to convince you to use Adam's products. Care care products can be a very touchy subject. Everyone has their own reasons for why they buy the products that they use. But since you are just getting started with the detailing of your Vette, I would recommend going to Adam's website and look at his videos on detailing. Regardless of which products you use, these videos will be helpful in learning the proper steps to detail your Vette.

Then I would recommend that you buy a few different brands and do your own test. But by all means, before you put any product on that black paint, make sure that you clay bar first and get the road dirt and contaminants off the surface of the paint.

I hope this helps.

Rich
I use Adam's as well. Great product and great customer service. Typically the two of the names you hear the most in the Corvette community is Adam's and Zaino.

Don't forget the code for 10% off at Adam's. I think it's "Sunshine", I just use the one from Z06 Vette.com "Z06".
http://www.adamspolishes.com/

http://www.zainostore.com/

Here's the most expensive wax I've ever seen. Only $8,416! At least it's free refills for life. That's a lot of waxin'!
http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-12001-Ro...016178&sr=8-13

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #13
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Another Adam's user here going on 3.5 years. Their customer service is excellent. He has free videos online or DVDs when you buy his stuff to help you along. Easy to use, priced right, smells good (especially the detail spray), and your body won't be sore after a afternoon detail session.
I would highly recommend the bucket on wheels that you can sit on and move around as you detail the lower sections.
Hope this helps.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #14
XQIZT
Defender of the C4's

Name :
XQIZT is on a distinguished road

This is what Adam's can do for you: