The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > The Police Blotter

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Police Blotter This forum is for the purpose of alerting our readers of thefts and robberies. The idea is that WE can all keep our eyes peeled for the stuff and maybe catch those creeps.

Unread 06-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #31
Qman

Name :
Qman is on a distinguished road
Default better

Im better now thanks all. shadow thank you very much.
Qman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #32
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qman View Post
Im better now thanks all. shadow thank you very much.
I would also like to tell all the paramedics, FF, cops and anyone else I missed in these fields....

That there are really no words to express how much you guys actually do to keep all the rest of us safe !!

I firmly believe it takes someone special to be able to handle these jobs
and I also believe they dont make enough money for the things they do.

And I know money is not the most important thing, but I am tired of people who put their lives on the line and in some cases lose their lives while on the line, barely being able to make ends meet.

(I know there are some people that are going to take that last line out of context.) But for the most part people understand what I am saying.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU !!!!

You are REAL heros !!!
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #33
sonofavette07c6

Name :
sonofavette07c6 has disabled reputation

well im a little late to this post but let me say im glad to hear that my fellow L.E.O.'s are recovering. as to the **** bag he got what he deserved. stress is a mofo. in fact when i have had high stress situations i can tell you its kinda like i black out I remember after everything that happened. we are trained and trained and trained and ............trained some more and its true you do revert back to your training its something that is burnt onto our brain for when we need it most. I know after training i feel yea like ill remember that ha(sarcasm), but you know in a high stress environment i actually do end up remembering everything. I understand how a situation as simple as a F.I.R. can lead to an oh **** scenario and there is a level of complacency that over time can over take how you do things like how your interview stance is if you even bother with it. I'm glad to hear things didnt end up worse. and ill pray for them and thier families.
sonofavette07c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #34
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Sonofavette,

I actually met with Ray (the one who took the round in the arm) about a week ago. I was working a case that he worked recently and he was going over the scene with me.
He is back to full duty and doing fine

He said the other deputy is still out on medical leave and has some pain in his back etc from time to time, but does intend to return to duty. He has 364 days to return before they medically term or retire him.

Looks like both deputies are going to be fine...physically.

Ray and I have known each other a looooong time. We spent a lot of time that day, just talking...maybe just listening. He had and has a great attitude about the whole thing and is positive on the "i'm going home after the shift whether you do or not" thing

One thing he mentioned is that when the 1st few rounds went wizzing by his head, all "conscious" training went out the window

The Oh Sh!t This is real! factor took over and your subsconscious kicks in Thus the reason for the repetitive training. For those that like to beotch about the redundancy...you might want to talk to those that have BTDT...

For the record, had he remained in his vehicle another 10 seconds or less, he'd be dead now. The first round went directly through the windshield at eye level, through the drivers seat headrest and out the back window, barely missing him even then.

Just wasn't his day to die...Thank God

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #35
sonofavette07c6

Name :

how did it all start as a traffic stop? I saw the story but havent read it and have heard a lot of people talking about it around work. the version i heard kinda sounded like it was a partial ambush?? im sure glad they are doing ok. im actually working right now. not much going on but im sure there will be something later.. its too quiet.
Unread 03-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #36
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofavette07c6 View Post
how did it all start as a traffic stop? I saw the story but havent read it and have heard a lot of people talking about it around work. the version i heard kinda sounded like it was a partial ambush?? im sure glad they are doing ok. im actually working right now. not much going on but im sure there will be something later.. its too quiet.
The gunman went to the home of his estranged wife (marital home), shot and killed her, a friend of hers and a Firefighter/Captain that was there off duty.

He fled the scene, the BOLO's went out and the deputies caught up with him at the scene of the shooting.

He started shooting without warning, exited his vehicle and continued to come toward the deputies even after they were shot.

He jumped on Ray and tried to wrestle away his weapon. Ray held on to his weapon until Malachi ran up to them and shot this POS in the freakin' head, leaving the suspect DRT (Dead Right There) and two deputies wounded but alive

Unfortunately, everyone else this maggot shot including the firefighter and the friend, were all dead at the scene (IIRC).

Stay safe out there my friend. It's those "quiet nights" that'll get ya....ask me how I know?

Remember:

Unread 03-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #37
sonofavette07c6

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

Stay safe out there my friend. It's those "quiet nights" that'll get ya....ask me how I know?

ok how do ya know?
Unread 03-28-2009, 06:35 AM   #38
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofavette07c6 View Post
ok how do ya know?
That was rhetoical mofo but in response...BTDT, got rid of the T-shirts

Remember:

Unread 03-28-2009, 07:39 AM   #39
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Gordon
Not to be indifferent to the local officers, but the death of 4 officers in Oakland, trying to apprehend one suspect, was unbelievable
Unread 03-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #40
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick View Post
Gordon
Not to be indifferent to the local officers, but the death of 4 officers in Oakland, trying to apprehend one suspect, was unbelievable
Rick, that's not indifferent brother and if you're concerned, there's no disrespect taken.

Traffic stops are one of the more deadly yet routine duties and encounters a street officer will have during his/her day.

It's a totally unknown situation with "facts" that are yet to be determined.

As in the case of the first two (2) Oakland officers, a simple traffic stop yeilded a violent felony offender sworn not to return to jail.

I've been there and by the grace of God (or whom ever one believes in), was able to survive the encounter. But you don't know when it's going to happen and when it does, it happens quick!!!

As a retired motorcycle officcer, many times as in this case, we rode in pairs. Doing so you tend to adopt a false sense of security. That coupled with the hundreds of stops you make in a single week, the odds start to stack up against you.

The SWAT team deaths don't make sense to me? I know it happens and a good friend of mine was killed in Coco Beach while on a SWAT call out, just a short time after he and I trained on tactical entries at an IALEFI (International Assn. of L.E. Firearms Instructors) convention

Stuff happens and things go wrong. I'd really like to know what happened there?

The deputies in our county, as with Trooper Crooks, http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/Memorial/Crooks.htm

killed by that child killing, cop hating POS Hank Earl Carr (was I unclear?-Anyone know where he's buried? I think I need to relieve myself!) knew what they were getting into. They knew there was a problem, but since mind reading isn't taught in the police academy, there's no way to have known that he would react so violently to being, in effect, out numbered and out gunned.

We're caught in the middle.

If we over react, we're bad, mean, overzealous thugs

If we fail to react porperly, we get medical leave and maybe, our familes get a properly folded flag and the kids get college

Anyway brother, I know what you mean about the Oakland officers. As a retired Deputy and former motor officer, my heart goes out to thier families and loved ones.

As is inscribed upon our memorial, and as a tribute to the SWAT officers that died in the melee,

Quote:
"a greater love hath no man than that he lay down his life for his fellow man..."

R.I.P. gentlemenl

Remember: