The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 09-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #11
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

I was just feeling sick sitting there watching TV all day.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 12:42 PM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

You know, if I remember correctly, I just had the TV on CNN all day long and had the VCR recording the whole time. Wonder if I still have those tapes laying around here somewhere.........
Unread 09-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #13
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

I was at work at Clair Buick Jeep Toyota in Boston. I had just gone into the showroom to go to the Service Dept and saw all the customers standing in the customer lounge gathered around the tv, I hadn't seen that many people in there since the OJ verdict was announced. I got in there just as the second plane hit. I will never forget it and during the years I have thought about it many times.

I always liked the City, hated all the New York sports teams, but from that day on all Americans became New Yorkers. NYC is the greatest city in the world and we are all New Yorkers, even this guy from Boston. I watch the ceremony every year that honors all the people who died on that day. Just as December 7 1941 lives in infamy so will September 11 2001. God bless all those Firefighters, Policeman and everyone else who died that day. The years come and go but we will never forget.

The next date I want to remember is the day that OBL gets what he deserves. Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #14
firemedic58

Name :
firemedic58 has disabled reputation

I was on duty at the Fire Dept, the Chief called and told us to go into lockdown.
firemedic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #15
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

I was working at the hospital here and saw the second plane hit on one of the patient's TV's. After the first one we wondered how a commercial plane could get so off course to hit the buildings, what could be wrong with the plane, was the pilot hurt? Never, never thought it was intentional...
Then I listened to the Howard Stern broadcast, interesting because it was live and they had no idea what to say about what was happening minute to minute. No one knew what was happening.
Unread 09-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #16
Hot Pursuit

Name :
Hot Pursuit is on a distinguished road

I was guarding some sports celebs that came into town for a tournament. They had a very plush locker room with numerous TV's (more like a giant living room actually) and we all had each TV on different channels so we wouldn't miss anything. Tournament was cancelled or postponed so we just watched and watched and watched.
Hot Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #17
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

I will never forget that day .I was workin in a condo 7th floor in Saraota.I was the only one with a radio. I did not know that radios was not permitted on job site.Anyway the news came over air and i just yelled out and alot of the others workers ran to my unit i was workin in and we all listen and just freaked out what we was hearing.That was the sadest day in America. WE Must Never Forget
9T8Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #18
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

We lived in northern NJ at the time. My wife was on her way into lower Manhattan on a train. I called her and at that time no one on the train knew anything about what was going on. A few minutes later the train stopped and eventually returned to NJ. My sister-in-law was on the roof of one of those towers the day before, she’s a communication engineer. Many of the parents of my daughters school friends worked at the trade center, most were not in the building yet, a few were. For days afterward, the only thing flying overhead was fighter jets and from my wife’s office you could see the smoke. My wife’s cousin was a NYC firefighter and was lost in one of the towers collapse.

It did not take long for people to forget. I heard a guy on the radio today saying that if the recent plot to blow up all those airliners had been successful, it would only have been about 3000 in a nation of 250 billion…”we lose more than that in car accidents” it’s no big deal, we are over reacting to the threat. We are too weak to fight this war, we are still asleep but you can rest assured, our enemy is not and will strike again. I guess as long as our generation is having a good time, who cares how we leave this world for our kids and grand kids.
Coastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 11:18 AM   #19
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

I was teaching history class at Leto High School in Tampa.
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2006, 11:45 AM   #20
dark_phantom

Name :
dark_phantom is on a distinguished road

Asleep, got a call from my dad and I saw the second plane hit the tower.
Z06 widebody, brakes and sway bars; HRE 543R black with polish lip; bilstein shocks; magnaflow's 15884 exhaust system; 44 LED 3rd brake light; GS stripes; tinted windows and more.
Custom cobalt red & black two tone leather interior by DownSouthVettes and some of Pipedreams' items.
dark_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote