The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 02-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #121
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
You'd be surprised how much damage a little negative publicity can do, even on a small site like this
And with the internet, a Google search may just turn up this link on this "small site" and the next thing you know, it's a huge deal.

Also, you might be surprised how much business a small, local site can generate

It's about people knowing people who know people and making recommendations to those they trust.

Let's try to stay with facts folks. Let those involved post up thier experiences, and lets see where the chips fall? Hopefully, they'll all fall in a flower bed and everyone comes out smelling like roses
Hmmm, never thought about Google and I use it all the time. Fact? I thought I was sticking to the facts that were posted. I did speculate that something was going on we didn't know about but that was not aimed at Chris. I simply meant someone isn't telling it all. I will PM you.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #122
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
I also think something else is going on here we know nothing about. When I see all of the work Chris has done it's very impressive. Looks like he has built a successful business and that's not possible if he ignores his customers. So why has he ignored 2 members here?

While it's true he is resolving issues with one person at this time and possibly the second what got it to this point? The members have stated their case but he never replies.
I think I have gotten the missing part of the story Liz. You had problems with your car and out of friendship Chris offered to fix it for you. No charge except maybe for parts. Then he got swamped with work (gotta pay the bills) so your car set. He has not had time to work on it to date. He was trying to do you a favor and it's bitten him in the azz. You knew what was going on and could have taken your car elsewhere or paid for the labor. It was a side job from the beginning.

He does not reply to these posts because they would just end up in a pizzing contest. Lack of communication is not good and you should have gone over there and had a sit down.
Unread 02-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #123
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

No offense Bob, but that's not exactly the truth, and all of what you said has been addressed here in the thread. There were many other issues that were also addressed. While you were right about it being side work he is making money off of it while it's not his usual fee there was some profit. Also, by him keeping it this long it has cost me a year of insurance as well as having to pay for rental cars and renewing the tag on a vehicle I can not drive. Some where in the area of 2000 in addition to the 2750 that I could have been making 2.5% in my money market account, not a huge deal but it's still money coming in. Also, he lied all the way along tell me story after story as to why it wasn't done. He picked me up from work on Nov 6th and told me it was 60% done. It hadn't even been started.
He also charged me for a dyno tune on my trailblazer, Which we did not discuss the 450 dollar price tag before hand, even though he owed me 200 bucks for advertising at a charity event which Chris failed to even show up at. There were plenty of time I asked him if I needed to take it somewhere else and everytime I was told "No, I'll do it" . I was promised several times it would be a couple of days or a week or so and it never happened.

Chris can say what he wants on here but the facts are the facts. If I could upload my text messages I would. I have no reason to lie about anything or change things so that I look better in the whole thing. Bottom line is if it's side work or not it has been a long time, if it wasn't going to happen then he should have given back my money and I would have gone else where. He refused to do that. The whole reason he's fixing it now is because I was going to take him to court to get my money back because he refused to even answer if he was going to and when.
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #124
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

And as for a sit down. I was never out of communication. That was Chris. He should have been the one. He knows where I live and my phone number. He brought my tag over and didn't say anything about sitting down and working it out. So please don't let the excuses fool you.
Unread 02-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #125
Bob K
Deceased

Shadow posted some excellent advice. I'm outta this one.
Unread 02-09-2010, 11:05 PM   #126
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

So update, Engine is at the shop. My old engine is pulled, it will be torn down tomorrow.

I will hopefully know more soon.
Unread 02-10-2010, 06:09 AM   #127
ironhorse
Road Warrior

Name :
ironhorse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Shadow posted some excellent advice. I'm outta this one.
I make it a habbit, I don't do business with friends or family, because of sh*t like this...Learned that lesson long ago...
ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #128
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
I make it a habbit, I don't do business with friends or family, because of sh*t like this...Learned that lesson long ago...
Amen to that.

Cheers
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #129
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

If I didn't do business with friends, I'd never get anything done

Andre, John and his crew at Insty Lube are friends.

Greg at Antivenom is a friend.

Tracy, although I've never had him do anything, if I needed it, is a friend....
Don't get me wrong though. I'll still jump a friends ass if they f**k things up! Ask Andre about my one "bad f**king hair day" concerning my truck

But we're still friends.

You screw me over...we're no longer friends.

You become defendant and I become the plaintiff

But I know what you mean about family

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #130
Bob K
Deceased

You start with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
If I didn't do business with friends, I'd never get anything done

And end with this.

But I know what you mean about family