The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 06-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Free shipping at Eckler's

Just got a notice that Eckler's is offering free UPS ground shipping on all orders over $199 from 6/06 thru 6/18. Could be handy if you have been holding off buying something HEAVY because of the shipping expense.....
Unread 06-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I don't buy from Ecklers much anymore. Course I haven't bought much of anything except the headers lately. Another thing I don't like is having to pay sales tax. Order from out of state and you don't have to pay. I really do shop around now and look for the best prices. If Ecklers is the cheapest, even with the sales tax, I'll get it from them.

I do use the supporting vendors from Z06Vette.com though.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #3
Rich Z

Well one benefit I have found by buying from Ecklers is that the UPS ground shipping is the same as using overnight priority. Which helps if I am in a hurry to get something. But yeah, sales tax is a consideration when you have to tack shipping on top of that as well.
Unread 06-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

I've heard a lot of complaints over at the "other Corvette" Forum that Ecklers seems to be out of stock of a lot of stuff and won't commit to any kind of a shipping date.

I generally use CorvetteCentral, I've had GREAT luck with what I've got from them....

Plus they are helping sponsor my Poker Run...

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 07:22 AM   #5
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
I've heard a lot of complaints over at the "other Corvette" Forum that Ecklers seems to be out of stock of a lot of stuff and won't commit to any kind of a shipping date.

I generally use CorvetteCentral, I've had GREAT luck with what I've got from them....

Plus they are helping sponsor my Poker Run...
I went to the Ecklers Reunion in October of last year. While there, I purchased stainless Z06 sill covers. They were on backorder. I called once a month and they just gave me a new date that they were supposed to come in. Finally after 5 months I got tired of them being on back order, so I canceled the transaction and ordered them from somewhere else. Any guesses what I got in the mail from Ecklers the following week? I still have them in the box, never opened. They won't pay the shipping to mail them back. So they can wait until I have the time to send them back (the cheapest way possible).

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:52 AM   #6
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
I went to the Ecklers Reunion in October of last year. While there, I purchased stainless Z06 sill covers. They were on backorder. I called once a month and they just gave me a new date that they were supposed to come in. Finally after 5 months I got tired of them being on back order, so I canceled the transaction and ordered them from somewhere else. Any guesses what I got in the mail from Ecklers the following week? I still have them in the box, never opened. They won't pay the shipping to mail them back. So they can wait until I have the time to send them back (the cheapest way possible).
Well I have ordered from them several times and never had a problem. No backorders and the stuff showed up in a timely fashion.
Unread 06-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #7
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

That's cause you be important.....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Unread 06-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
That's cause you be important.....

Not in my lifetime. Being saddled with a last name ending in "Z" has always put me at the back of the line.........
Unread 06-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #9
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Don't feel bad, I spent a lot of time in the "corner"....

Unread 07-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #10
Carl81

Name :
Carl81 has disabled reputation

I have never had a problem with them. They have always treated me well. That tax problem thing will only get worse in the future as Big Brother looks deeper into on-line sales.

Once when I was there for a part no longer produced, they gave me the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three local used Corvette parts vendors. Within an hour I had what I needed and was on my way home. I thought that was very cool IMHO.

Have a great 4th!

http://www.mycarframes.com
Carl81 is offline   Reply With Quote