The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 06-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #21
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerrun View Post
My .02 cents worth.

Shoot if you ARE justified, but be sure you are. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it will probably cost you for an attorney to represent you in front of the grand jury. You may face a lawsuit from either the victim, should he survive, or the family members. Should an industrious news paper take exception to the incident this will generate another whole gamut of issues,some of which might have very vocal organizations involved. If you're found wrong prison, time will be a real probability. I would be very careful about pulling the trigger. However, if I was really in danger of losing my life or that of a family member I would do the deed and without remorse.
IMO, you hit every point dead on
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #22
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerrun View Post
My .02 cents worth.

Shoot if you ARE justified, but be sure you are. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it will probably cost you for an attorney to represent you in front of the grand jury. You may face a lawsuit from either the victim, should he survive, or the family members. Should an industrious news paper take exception to the incident this will generate another whole gamut of issues,some of which might have very vocal organizations involved. If you're found wrong prison, time will be a real probability. I would be very careful about pulling the trigger. However, if I was really in danger of losing my life or that of a family member I would do the deed and without remorse.
Quote:
The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.
How many times can you think of the state legislature passing a law that actually made sense?
Unread 06-23-2008, 08:07 PM   #23
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.
Although thier intent was good, it's so easy to undermine that law that it's almost disgusting

Underlined and BOLDED are the key phrases

Quote:
How many times can you think of the state legislature passing a law that actually made sense?
Good point....not many...
Unread 06-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #24
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

As a friend of my dad's who is now a retired Lieutenant of the Miami-Dade Police Dept. always said, "dead mean don't talk and we hate to do paperwork!"

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2008, 12:58 AM   #25
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
No sir.

Exterior surveillance requires no notification. There's no expectation of privacy in the public domain.

Surveillance, be it audio or video, of the interior of a structure where one might have a "reasonable expectation" of privacy requires notification as does the workplace.

You'll see signs in businesses and on properties that state "the premesis may be" or "is" under video surveillance. Those are used in an overabundance of caution and cover ALL parts of the premesis, even those not required for notification.
Once you enter onto those properties, you have NO expectation of privacy.

A lot of people use the signs as a bluff (not a good idea) or as a preventative measure when the equipment is actually in place.

Both schools of thought have merit.

Prevention:
Usually preclude having to clean up print powder the Crime Scene Techs so sparingly spread across the room while processing a crime scene, or having to get blood stains removed from the carpets

Stealth:
Usually means you'll likely have hard evidence to later capture the perp should you be gone when they intrude (thus negating the need for blood spatter cleaning )

Hope that helps
Yup! And mine are very real. Watching the front door and the 'vette whenever I'm not home.

Unread 06-25-2008, 06:57 AM   #26
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guro305 View Post
As a friend of my dad's who is now a retired Lieutenant of the Miami-Dade Police Dept. always said, "dead mean don't talk and we hate to do paperwork!"
Amen!
Unread 06-25-2008, 06:57 AM   #27
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guro305 View Post
Yup! And mine are very real. Watching the front door and the 'vette whenever I'm not home.
...like silent sentry's...
Unread 06-25-2008, 11:13 PM   #28
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
...like silent sentry's...
Unfortunately these days brother, it's becoming a reality.

Unread 12-28-2008, 10:47 PM   #29
General Patton

Name :
General Patton has disabled reputation
Cool

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolassbrad View Post
My car was broke into thursday night ,I came out and caught the bastard.He jumped onto the hood busted his ass and I got him.Thats when I called 911,and he let me know that he was going to kill me and the wife.Rules just changed well cops were only 35 min. away.so by the time they get there hes laying in the road.The wifey was worried but I figure the buzzards will get him in the morning.Well cops show 4 deep 35 min after called then have attitude with me.who are you go back to your house we have this under control.Really I'm the one that called.took the officer back to my house showed him damage took 2 seconds and informed me that hes crazy and they cant prosecute nutjobseven thought he said it to them.

I ask he be arrested for trepasain and vandalismSorry we cant arrest crazy people when weger no he left asked for his name and bagge number he left.PRICK
Sorry to hear your plight.
call Sherrif's office and ask for internal afairs divison and tell them you want to file a formal complaint re: Officer misconduct and conduct unbecoming a Law enforcemnet officer.
If that doesn't get you anywhere call the Da's office and repeat your request.
Above all be calm and non accusatory. that is IAD's job.
Also check for anything the alleged perp left behind for fingerprint and dna analysis.
ANd do not give up if you don't get instant results, if you really want to bring about a just close to your problem
But beware, if you do follow through with a formal complaint and this guy is tried and convicted he will get out of the big house at some point and might come back to you for more.
I suggest you think this over in a calm manner and discuss it with your wife.
I would apply for a concealed carry permit and after you are approved, getyou and your wife a 38 or a 357 . For your wife Taurus make avery nice feather weight snubnose 38 at a very good price; new at a gunshop for about$400.
General Patton is offline   Reply With Quote