The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 11-30-2006, 03:41 PM   #21
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default oK I printed your reply

So I can try to answer your questions.

As to vehcile condition. I want either an excellent condition survivor or a fully restored vehicle. Equipment, numbers matching, A/C, and as many factory optiions as I can find on one car. Must be a 4 speed and engine would be nice if a big block but not a must. Paint, gotta be very, very good and factory color (same for interior) unless it happens to be a really fine looking alternate color.

I'd like the overall condition of the vehicle be be very good. I'd enjoy replacing smaller things but having built a 53 Effie from scratch into a nice street rod. I think I'll let someone else get this on ready.

She will be garage kept and not a daily driver. Shows, yes sometimes I'm sure I'll show up at Old Town on occassions.

Am not crazy about non original modifications but really don't care if an alernator or starter does not have the "proper" markings.

Oops, off to work a detail. Back later to add to this.

Ken
Kap142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2006, 09:29 PM   #22
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet
.......No, he doesn't bargain. He's not into the whole usual shuck 'n jive, let's-make-a-deal, kiss the customer's butt thing. Personally, I find that refreshing, not offensive. Others differ.
No need to kiss any butt, I only wanted to be treated like an adult and not like an 8 year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet
You may hear stories about his attitude, but you won't get any "stories" about his cars.
I'm not passing on a story I heard, I'm telling Kap142 about an experience I had. The only other thing I said was that others feel the same, no stories passed on just fact about their feelings. (ie please see next quote from me in earlier post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
I would probably not buy a Corvette there if I won the lottery, simply because of the extremely poor attitude and customer service I received there. I have friends that feel the same way from similar service.
The attitude, and lack of customer care (or butt kissing as you say) cost him a 46k sale, but I actually thank him for the poor service because I got about 7k in free aftermarket upgrades to a pristine Z06 from a private sale.

Just my .02 cents worth.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #23
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

There's a difference between having an attitude for whatever reason and being arrogant!

If he (or anyone else) treated me that way, I'd walk to. Sounds like good old Roger made all the $$ he needed that day and decided to be an arrogant dick

Bad decision but one I'm sure he can afford to live with. After all, there will be another schmuck right behind you that doesn't mind being treated like a pee-on and will happily part with his/her hard earned $$ without a thought of dealing

...but it ain't me
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2006, 12:35 AM   #24
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142
So I can try to answer your questions.

As to vehcile condition. I want either an excellent condition survivor or a fully restored vehicle. Equipment, numbers matching, A/C, and as many factory optiions as I can find on one car. Must be a 4 speed and engine would be nice if a big block but not a must. Paint, gotta be very, very good and factory color (same for interior) unless it happens to be a really fine looking alternate color.

I'd like the overall condition of the vehicle be be very good. I'd enjoy replacing smaller things but having built a 53 Effie from scratch into a nice street rod. I think I'll let someone else get this on ready.

She will be garage kept and not a daily driver. Shows, yes sometimes I'm sure I'll show up at Old Town on occassions.

Am not crazy about non original modifications but really don't care if an alernator or starter does not have the "proper" markings.

Oops, off to work a detail. Back later to add to this.

Ken
if you want something like that, you want something that is already NCRS judged, or get it NCRS judged yourself....those guys are NUTS. (to me anyway)

They know the part number for every bolt and hose that the car was supposed to leave the factory with. I'm honestly scared to have one of them look at my car.
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2006, 12:41 AM   #25
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road

How about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classiccorvette
1973 Chevrolet Corvette Conv. (1211) 454 C.I./275 H.P., number match engine, 4 speed manual transmission, Bloomington Gold certificate, NCRS Top Flight award, Chevy Vette Fest Nationals Gold Spinner award, and Chevy Vette Fest Triple Crown award, thereby having its serial number listed with the Triple Crown registry. Gorgeous Ontario orange exterior with flawless Saddle leather interior and white convertible top. This is the last year for the chrome bumper. This award winning superstar has won all of the tough competitions it has entered. Very, very few Corvettes have achieved these kinds of awards. Even NCRS gave this car its highest concourse award, the NCRS Duntov mark of Excellence award. It looks the best, it drives the best, most important, its judged the best!!!
www.classiccorvettes.com

theyre in Tarpon, call em, but I doubt youll get away with that beauty for less than $150k
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2006, 07:43 AM   #26
Kap142

Name :
Default OK some prespective here

Saw a beautiful 72 at the Toy Store (now gone of course) Coupe, 350, beaurifully optioned, booty kickin paint and priced at $28900 Only mod. was a big block hood but it was so well done I wouldn't have changed it.

Must be others out there. Does not need to be NCRS. I'm just not that anal but do want a 72 coupe in very good shape. Seen any reasonably priced 72's around?

I do understand the NCRS approach but I just don't envision me retiring with a big enough retirement to go the 150K route.

Ken
Unread 12-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #27
Kap142

Name :
Default am looking for a steel bumpered coupe

beautiful vehicle however......
Unread 12-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #28
Kap142

Name :
Default any experience with.......

The American Sports Car Center in Atlanta? That's almost north Florida isn't it?
Unread 12-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #29
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142
The American Sports Car Center in Atlanta? That's almost north Florida isn't it?
Shoot,,, tha's actually almost Tennessee!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote