The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 11-20-2006, 08:06 AM   #1
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Arrow SOME FATHERLY ADVISE!

I AM NOT HERE TO PREACH......BUT THE NIGHT BEFORE THE ULTIMATE CORVETTE PARTY THERE APPEARED TO BE A "BURN OUT" PARTY IN THE PARKING LOT.

GUYS!!!...THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS HABIT TO GET INTO AND WE SHOULD ALL CONSIDER STOPING THIS PRACTICE. WE HAD WELL OVER A MILLION DOLLARS IN CARS IN THE PARKING LOT AND ALOT OF DAMAGE COULD HAVE BEEN DONE, INCLUDING HURTING YOURSELF OR OTHERS.

THE HOTEL WANTED TO CALL THE LOCAL SHERIFF, BUT "TBV" ASKED IT TO STOP AND YOU "AS GENTLEMEN " DID SO AND THAT WAS APPRECIATED.

THERE IS A PLACE AND TIME FOR EVERTHING.....THANKS GANG!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME....WE AT "TBV" DID AND THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING TO MAKE OUR EVENT AND MAKING IT A GREAT EVENT!!!

JIM
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 09:21 AM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

You've got a good point Jim. The Sheriff's office can't take action unless they witness the event. It's an infraction. They can try to go criminal with Reckless driving and it might stick...if they can prove who did it.

They can however, have the offending party or anyone else for that matter, removed from the premises at the managements discretion. That would suck big time. Further more, they could refuse to allow us to use the facility next year, although unlikely since $$ talks. But it could happen.

Suggestion?

How about next year, we have a burnout contest?

Set aside a designated safe area and see who produces the most smoke?

Just a thought to purge those desires
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Arrow WITNESS THE EVENT!!

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3037...3628:banghead:
Unread 11-20-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Talking WITNESS!!!!

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3037442250060913628

Unread 11-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

als2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 11:35 AM   #6
Shadow

Name :

Jim, as you can plainly hear, at least one of the TBV members was involved in that little "action."

People, if you're going to do something illegal, DON'T VIDEO TAPE IT!!. If you do, cover/remove the tag, other identifying features and keep your mouth shut!

Anyway, what about the possibility for next year?
Unread 11-20-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Jim, as you can plainly hear, at least one of the TBV members was involved in that little "action."

People, if you're going to do something illegal, DON'T VIDEO TAPE IT!!. If you do, cover/remove the tag, other identifying features and keep your mouth shut!

Anyway, what about the possibility for next year?
I CAN BURN RUBBER WITH THE BEST OF THEM....IT'S WAS JUST WE DID IT IN THE PARKING LOT OF OUR HOST HOTEL AND THAT REFLECTS ON "TBV'S".

AT LEAST THEY COULD HAVE MOVED THE EVENT TO ACROSS THE STREET IN THE HUGH OFFICE COMPLEX PARKING LOT. WE DID NOT HAVE ALL THE ROOMS AT THE HOTEL AND THEY HAD GUEST THAT WERE NOT VETTE OWNER'S.

WE AT "TBV'S" CANNOT ENDORSE THIS ACTION......SO ITS UP TO YOU ALL TO MOVE THIS EVENT TO A BETTER LOCATION AND WE WOULD NOT LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT IT.....ALL WE WANT IS FOR YOU ALL TO HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!...AND I THINK WE ALL DID.

PLEASE ADVISE ME OF THE LOCATION AS A SPECTATOR OF A $1000.00 WORTH OF TIRES BEING DESTOYED!!

JIM
Unread 11-20-2006, 12:11 PM   #8
Shadow

Name :

Ok, maybe you missed the point?

I agree with you about the impropriety, dangerousness and illegality of the "event." I also agree that the hotel, especially the host hotel, was certainly not the proper venue for such activity.

There were other vette owners that apparently were not happy with it either, it gives us a bad name and doesn't sit well with the local constabulary

A more discrete location would have been much better.

WE AT "TBV'S" CANNOT ENDORSE THIS ACTION......SO ITS UP TO YOU ALL TO MOVE THIS EVENT TO A BETTER LOCATION AND WE WOULD NOT LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT IT.....ALL WE WANT IS FOR YOU ALL TO HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!...AND I THINK WE ALL DID.

I too am a member of TBV's and no, from a liability and public relations standpoint, agree that the club can't endorse it.

PLEASE ADVISE ME OF THE LOCATION AS A SPECTATOR OF A $1000.00 WORTH OF TIRES BEING DESTOYED!! JIM[/quote]

You might look around at some other HUGE events held nationwide. Many have contest to see who can generate themost tire smoke. People usually use old tires that are on the last legs of their journey. I'm not going to go out an burn up $1000.00+ dollars worth of rubber either, but obviously it appeals to some

Thus my ORIGINAL question? Why not an organized contest for next year?

You've got a year. Put up a poll, lets talk to the powers that be, and se if theres:

A) interest?
B) room (location)?

It's just a thought Jim.

Gordon

ps, can you please remove the CAPS LOCK? Looks like you're shouting all the time
Unread 11-20-2006, 01:01 PM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I personally witnessed that event from the window in my motel room. I saw later that the asphalt in the parking lot was obviously damaged by the burnout that the vehicle did. The car had out of state tags on it, so I doubt the driver is a TBV member.

If ALL Corvette clubs and events want to find themselves having a tough time getting hotels to accept members, then this is certainly a good way to go about it. Yeah, money talks, but when the hotels have to repair damages done by their guests, then that will also be considered in the equation. If they have other non-corvette guests complaining about the noise and asking for a refund of their payment, that will take part in the equation as well.
Unread 11-20-2006, 01:07 PM   #10
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Talking

ps, can you please remove the CAPS LOCK? Looks like you're shouting all the time[/quote]

It comes from to many years as and engineer......we do everything in "CAPS....will try to improve on my chat skills!!!