The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 06-04-2006, 02:25 AM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Pursuit
Another biggie for me is violation of right of way. I hate when people pull out in front of you or make a u-turn in front of you and you have to brake to avoid them. It usually occurrs when there's nobody behind you and if they waited a few more seconds they would be perfectly safe.
Man, we NEED you in Wakulla County! The people here drive me NUTS. They will pull out in front of you suddenly like you are completely invisible, drive for less then an eighth of a mile, then SLOOOWLY turn off into a side street like they have a goldfish tank on the front seat and don't want to slosh the water.
Unread 06-04-2006, 07:19 AM   #12
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I had the whole stereo thing when I was younger. Well, not that much younger anyway. I had a box with 2 12" subwoofers in the back of my Camaro SS. So that was just last year. I wasn't really into the bass thumpin stuff. I just wanted to enjoy good music...loud. The only time I really cranked it up was on the highway when I was driving with the windows down. It really pisses me off when I'm sitting at a traffic light and someone has theirs so loud, that I can't hear myself think!

I agree with you guys on the U-turns. If you're going to pull out in front of me, don't try and get better gas mileage by go 0-50 in 5 minutes!

Another thing is the damn blinkers! People that don't use them, or flash them once when changing lanes. Or the people that turn them on after they've moved over. I gotta say, not to pick on you gentlemen in particular, but a lot of LEO's don't use their blinkers. I understand you probably have a lot going on in the car. Computer, radio and driving. But I'm just ranting.

Lets not even get into the cell phone thing, or now the morons that text message while they are driving!!

OFF!

Scott

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Madness...I feel you pain

There is a lot going on inside a police car and even more that we're responsible for to the citizens, going on outside that we try to keep an eye on. Sometimes we forget, other times, like any other citizen, we just forget. But, you're right. We should set the example

Now, the cell phone thing...take a look at the next 10-15 LEO's you see in cars over the next week. How much you want to bet that at least 70% of them will be on a cell phone?

This past week, almost every one of the HCSO guys/gals I've seen have been yacking away. One, a female, almost hit me head on in an EMPTY PARKING LOT!! Just a couple days ago, she came around one of the raised tree medians in an abandoned parking lot (Mission Bell-Dale Mabry/Fletcher) and took the turn like she was driving a double trailer rig

I'm coming straight up the lane in the proper direction (thats another story in itself) and she's coming straight at me. I finally stopped and she moved. I'm in an 89 Elephant Chasing Landcruiser so all I'm gonna feel is a bump

Sometimes, these calls are work related, but I'm sure they're not all that way.

Again, we need to set the example. Hands free at least!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think about the absolute WORST place I have ever driven in has to be Boston. That place scared the hell out of me. Maybe it's changed now, because that was many years ago. But the drivers in Boston used the blinkers as a "get the hell out of my way" signal. If you saw someone in the right lane next to you put on his/her left turn signal indicating a lane change, it means he/she IS coming over, regardless of what you think about it. I guess everyone else there knew the drill, but I sure didn't!
Unread 06-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #15
Hot Pursuit

Name :
Hot Pursuit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Man, we NEED you in Wakulla County! The people here drive me NUTS. They will pull out in front of you suddenly like you are completely invisible, drive for less then an eighth of a mile, then SLOOOWLY turn off into a side street like they have a goldfish tank on the front seat and don't want to slosh the water.

Rich,,,, unfortunately sir they are EVERYWHERE! I could write a whole ticket book a day and not put a dent in it in my area I work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
I had the whole stereo thing when I was younger. Well, not that much younger anyway. I had a box with 2 12" subwoofers in the back of my Camaro SS. So that was just last year. I wasn't really into the bass thumpin stuff. I just wanted to enjoy good music...loud. The only time I really cranked it up was on the highway when I was driving with the windows down. It really pisses me off when I'm sitting at a traffic light and someone has theirs so loud, that I can't hear myself think!
I agree, it is very irritating. I write the thump thump ones. The average factory radio is technically able to be too loud, but it's usually no where near as obnoxious as the boom boom noise. In FL most people drive with the windows up and the air on so the factory, or just above, are not too bad.
Hot Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #16
Hot Pursuit

Name :
Hot Pursuit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Madness...I feel you pain

There is a lot going on inside a police car and even more that we're responsible for to the citizens, going on outside that we try to keep an eye on. Sometimes we forget, other times, like any other citizen, we just forget. But, you're right. We should set the example
I agree. We should. I try to stay true to the system. If I miss a red light for example, and I wasn't on a call, the next close barely run light violation I witness is a freebie for the guy (provided it wasn't super dangerous or super late and near crash etc). Grin, I try to keep good Karma,,
Hot Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #17
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Pursuit
I agree. We should. I try to stay true to the system. If I miss a red light for example, and I wasn't on a call, the next close barely run light violation I witness is a freebie for the guy (provided it wasn't super dangerous or super late and near crash etc). Grin, I try to keep good Karma,,

Good Karma

I know what you mean
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote