The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 09-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #21
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Damn Swammy! I got to tell you everything?

Sorry...Vette Magazine

LIke I said, I can make color copies and send them to you if you like?
I finally found that magazine. Who would have ever thought I actually would put the darn thing in the book case? That was the LAST place I ever expected it to be?

After reading the article again, one thing does bother me about this. They show a photo of the air bridge used that blew apart during a dyno pull. Well that one looks EXACTLY like the one I have on my car...

I guess I had better call Greg and ask him about this. Sure would hate to have pieces of carbon fiber sucked into the intake manifold if that happened to me.......
Unread 09-24-2006, 05:10 AM   #22
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

If your dropping it off Oct 2nd, and pick it up on the following Sat (Oct 7th) slide east on I-4 to Kissimmee (about 35-45 min from Tampa,,, just west of Orlando) to Old Town for the annual Vette Fest show. You can visit for the day and show off the new ride. Free to enter to show or watch, and if you show you can leave early if need be.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 12:20 PM   #23
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
If your dropping it off Oct 2nd, and pick it up on the following Sat (Oct 7th) slide east on I-4 to Kissimmee (about 35-45 min from Tampa,,, just west of Orlando) to Old Town for the annual Vette Fest show. You can visit for the day and show off the new ride. Free to enter to show or watch, and if you show you can leave early if need be.
Hey, I just might do that! Hmm, the wife is going to have her truck to take me down there to pick up the vette, however. Have to figure out a way to make that work.

Thanks.
Unread 09-25-2006, 07:55 AM   #24
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Hey, I just might do that! Hmm, the wife is going to have her truck to take me down there to pick up the vette, however. Have to figure out a way to make that work.

Thanks.
There's alot of parking for non-vettes too, unless you leave the truck in Tampa and take her for the 1st ride in it over to the show.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 11:52 AM   #25
Rich Z

Well, a lot has to do with timing. Depends on when Greg will actually have the car done. I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law, so have learned the hard way to not set my expectations too high on promised deadlines. Parts could be missing, things can break, or any number of things can happen.

So I'll just have to play this one by ear.
Unread 09-25-2006, 03:27 PM   #26
NOBCKSEAT

Name :
NOBCKSEAT is on a distinguished road

Wow, twin turbos. Oct 2! I couldn't wait that Long, Rich.
I'd be pulling the car apart on a car trailer as my wife drove down the road pulling us on my way to Anti-Venon.

So the next question for the week on Oct 2 is "

Monday: Is it soup yet? "
Tuesday: Is it soup yet?"
Wensday: Is it soup yet?"
Thursday: Is it soup yet?"
Friday: Is it soup yet?"
Saturday: "Lets Roll"
Saturday night, Well Officer I just got .......
NOBCKSEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 05:21 PM   #27
Rich Z

Yeah, it is wearing on me, but quite honestly, I have so much to do around here that it makes time just whiz on by. Heck, I still have to pull those set screws out of the shifter because I believe someone has bought my Hurst and I need them to ship out to him. Then the windshield decals should be showing up on Tuesday and I would LIKE to get them put on ASAP. And that is not even getting into my regular business stuff.

So yeah, the weekend will get here soon enough, I think.

The HARD part will be NEXT week when the vette is away from home and I will be anticipating the drive HOME!!

Of course, if I get a speeding ticket with the wife following behind me, I wil ABSOLUTELY NEVER hear the end of it.........
Unread 09-27-2006, 10:34 PM   #28
Rich Z

Thumbs down

Looks like there might be a snag. Par for the course, I guess.

Greg emphatically told me I should get the reinforced airbridge from STS for the twin turbos. He said they already blew up a couple of regular ones at the shop. Well, no big deal, I thought, as they are only $170. But little did I realize that they are on BACKORDER at STS! They are SUPPOSED to be being shipped tomorrow, but that leaves me between a rock and a hard place.

Do I take the car to Greg and just HOPE the airbridge comes in? And if so, if he does the install, do I let him test it with my aftermarket (carbon fiber) airbridge anyway and maybe pop it? From what I have seen, those bad boys cost around $300 new, so at the very least I could sell mine for about half that and come close to paying for the STS one.

Or do I just grit my teeth and hold off the install until the STS airbridge actually shows up at Anti Venom's place?

Guess I'll have to call Greg tomorrow and talk to him about it.

There must be a universal law of nature that NOTHING ever goes smoothly on this planet.
Unread 09-29-2006, 01:34 PM   #29
Rich Z

Default Rats....

Well I had to just bite the bullet and postpone the STS install. The airbridge is still on backorder and I don't have any firm committment as to when I would get one. Talked to Greg this morning and he said it would be no problem delaying the install as he had another install lined up he could switch with me. Even STS says that nearly every airbridge they tried with testing blew up from the pressure except for the reinforced ones. So I can't see the sense of worrying about that happening to me on the ride home.

Hate to do it, but it seems like the only reasonable thing to do. Dammit....

Of course, the thought does come to mind as to why in the world doesn't STS just include the darn airbridge in the kit in the first place, since nearly all the ones out there just won't cut the mustard?
Unread 10-04-2006, 04:39 PM   #30
Rich Z

Well, the BBK airbridge came in today. I opted for the chrome one...

Quite honestly if this thing doesn't hold the pressures from the twin turbos, NOTHING will! Feels solid as a rock. And actually feels as heavy as one as well. Odd that all of the advertising copy I read about this thing used the word "lightweight" describing this thing. Well I guess everything is relative. Certainly it is lighter than my alternator and one of my wheels. But at 4.5 pounds, I CERTAINLY wouldn't call it "lightweight" in my book. Quite honestly, except for an application that absolutely NEEDS something of a robust nature, not way I would want to use this boat anchor in place of the MUCH MORE lighter weight carbon fiber airbridges.

But in any event, I should be all set for the install. Just have to call Greg at Anti Venom and make sure everything is OK for me to take the car down there this weekend.