The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 08-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road
Default 09/08/07 RevXtreme season-finale @ BMP

We have a quick turn-around between our most-recent race (25 August ), and our last race of the season, just 12 days away from today, and the Points Championship is still up-for-grabs, with Craig Gingerich slightly-more than 3 rounds ahead of Candace Swenson:
Kevin Roberts, who won this-past Saturday, now has won 2 of the last 4 events, and 3 racers, Bob Hyclak, Larry Broadly, and R.J. Gordon, are within a single point of capturing a spot in the Top Ten.

We've had a half-dozen new racers in the last 2 events, and are hoping even-more will join us for our last race of the '07 season, so bring a few Corvette-owning friends out to the track, and enjoy the fun:
we have secure pit-area/parking for the Corvettes on the asphalt, and an pit-pass for spectators is included in the $10 entry-fee.

To race with us, or make practice, time-only runs, there is an additional $20 charge, and everyone wishing to compete must wear a shirt with sleeves (no tank-tops, but short-sleeved shirts are OK ), ankle-length pants, and closed-toe shoes (no sandals ):
helmets are mandatory for cars that run 13.99-or-quicker.

After the races, we hope to have a late-lunch at SONNY'S, at the intersection of Rt. 64 & I-4, as we may-not see each-other until the '08 season-opener:
we hope to see you at Bradenton Motorsports Park!!!!!
Unread 08-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Too bad about the rain. I got there late and when I saw the number of Vettes there I knew I wouldn't get a chance to run a pass to get a time so I decided to watch. There was some very nice passes down the strip by both vettes and other racers, before the rain. I decided to leave when the rain started so I didn't get to see the finals but it sure was fun while I was there.

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail
Too bad about the rain. I got there late and when I saw the number of Vettes there I knew I wouldn't get a chance to run a pass to get a time so I decided to watch. There was some very nice passes down the strip by both vettes and other racers, before the rain. I decided to leave when the rain started so I didn't get to see the finals but it sure was fun while I was there.

Joe B.
See you at the next one then!!!
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
USA-1

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail
I got there late and when I saw the number of Vettes there I knew I wouldn't get a chance to run a pass to get a time so I decided to watch.
The gates at BMP open at 9:00 AM (sometimes earlier ), with practice-runs/time-shots beginning near 10:00 AM, and Eliminations starting around noon:
we get 2 time-runs, but many of us line-up with the street-tire cars, and make an additional 2 passes before the races begin, and once eliminated we are permitted to continue making runs in-session with the other cars not-racing.

For coverage of our race this past weekend, please look here:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...9425#post29425
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #5
USA-1

Name :

..... looks-like it'll be a sunny day, with just 10% chance of rain, so there is NO-EXCUSE for not coming!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre...L0047?dayNum=3
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote