The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 04-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Negative value of politicians....

I was just reading over the Wikipedia entry about Obama and noticed this paragraph...
Quote:
Obama met his future wife, Michelle Robinson, in 1988 when he was employed as a summer associate at the Chicago law firm of Sidley & Austin.[152] Assigned for three months as Obama's adviser at the firm, Robinson joined him at group social functions, but declined his initial offers to date.[153] They began dating later that summer, became engaged in 1991, and were married in October 1992.[154] The couple's first daughter, Malia Ann, was born in 1998, followed by a second daughter, Natasha ("Sasha"), in 2001.[155] Applying the proceeds of a $2 million book deal, the family paid off debts in 2005 and moved from a Hyde Park, Chicago condominium to their current $1.6-million house in neighboring Kenwood.[156] The sellers had insisted on the simultaneous sale of an ajacent lot, which was sold to politically connected developer Tony Rezko's wife at the full asking price after Obama gave Rezko a tour of his intended purchase, on which Obama negotiated a lower price than asked. This, and the later sale to Obama of a strip of the Rezko lot, has proved controversial. Obama has denied that he violated any laws but admitted that the latter deal was "boneheaded".[157] In December 2007, Money magazine estimated the Obama family's net worth at $1.3 million.[158]
So tell me, how does one get a $2 million book deal just dropped into their lap? I would like to get in on that myself......

And even with their "current $1.6-million house", the Obama family's net worth is only $1.3 million? In effect the value of the family must be a NEGATIVE value, since it has made the TOTAL value less than the value of the house alone........
Unread 04-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I'm not defending him nor do I intend to vote for him.First a 2mill.deal is simular to other politicians have received.I'd guess that he could well donate a third to the IRS.There is also the consideration as to how the 2mill payment might be structured.Some book deals are payed out over a time.

Having just completed my personal financial statements as I'm sure some of us do yearly it comes down to assets vs liabilities.One would have to know what he has for liabilities.Maybe his kids had braces and big dental bills.

I dought that this has helped one damn bit because I didn't get a book deal nor is my house worth 1.6 million unless i'm sittin' on an oil well
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
68AIR

Name :
68AIR has disabled reputation

B. Hussein Obama is fundamentally flawed and unfit to manage a 7-11, let alone a country.
68AIR is offline   Reply With Quote