The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 06-25-2010, 11:39 PM   #131
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with Bob. Your "internet" coolness has been first class. I'm pretty sure most others would have really gone off the wall.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2010, 12:16 AM   #132
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post
I have to agree with Bob. Your "internet" coolness has been first class. I'm pretty sure most others would have really gone off the wall.
Hah! Fortunately I can delete the screaming before clicking the "Submit Reply" button...................
Unread 06-26-2010, 06:43 AM   #133
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Hah! Fortunately I can delete the screaming before clicking the "Submit Reply" button...................
This is easier said than done but I would get a camping chair and be there every day all day next week. I would be as polite as possible but I would tell him my car will be finished and is coming out of there.

Incidentals and tuning can be done in the Tampa area probably in a day. Just a thought Rich but if it was me the car would be done and out this week. Be firm but remain as polite as you can.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #134
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
This is easier said than done but I would get a camping chair and be there every day all day next week. I would be as polite as possible but I would tell him my car will be finished and is coming out of there. Be firm but remain as polite as you can.
Yeah..........just show up over there with Gordon and a couple of baseball bats, and you won't have to say A THING! Hey, on a lighter note, even a new baby takes nine months to get here and you're almost there right now. I guess that's why GM can build them on an assembly line.......they oversee all of the parts suppliers and make sure that parts are compatible with other parts. When you start using parts from other vendors, YOU become the engineer/general contractor and it's up to you to make sure that all of the parts play well together. I would be willing to bet that GM has these same issues as you are having on a much larger scale, but they have a lot of people to work on the issues and you only have Chris and yourself. It'll get there.............trust me............and when it does.........look out Florida
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #135
Rich Z

I've just been staying away from the shop, but talking to Chris on the phone every day. According to the list he sent me of things remaining to be done, I don't see any reason at all why this shouldn't be wrapped up this week. If not, well, I think it will be time to flatbed the car back home and just mothball it till I feel like thinking about it again.

Chris seems to have a more positive attitude about things this week and said he is getting someone in to help him out, so maybe this will happen finally.

But we'll just have to see what happens..
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #136
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Man, if you flat bed that thing home, certainly let us know. I bet we could have a huge corvette gathering and finish her up. I know a couple of guys off the top of my head that I could probably get to come help out for a day (with enough advance notice). And I know they know their stuff! Certainly hope it doesn't come down to that though. Good luck this week Rich. I feel it's going to be a good week for ya!!!!!!!!!!!
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #137
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

Hope it goes as planned for you Rich. I quit going out there myself. At least Chris is calling you. Will be going out of town for 10 days starting Thursday.Maybe I'll have my car finished when I return.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #138
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post
Man, if you flat bed that thing home, certainly let us know. I bet we could have a huge corvette gathering and finish her up. I know a couple of guys off the top of my head that I could probably get to come help out for a day (with enough advance notice). And I know they know their stuff! Certainly hope it doesn't come down to that though. Good luck this week Rich. I feel it's going to be a good week for ya!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I'm hoping it gets done. I just had to finally draw a line in the sand.

Yeah, that would really be cool to have a bunch of folks come here like that. Guess if I flat bed it home, I need to put it in the bay with the lift.

Here's hoping that this week brings me good news.....
Unread 06-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #139
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
Hope it goes as planned for you Rich. I quit going out there myself. At least Chris is calling you. Will be going out of town for 10 days starting Thursday.Maybe I'll have my car finished when I return.
Yeah, Mike, I hope so too. Hope you trip is for pleasure and not business nor unpleasantness....
Unread 06-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #140
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

It's a much needed vacation to Michigan where it's nice and cool.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports