The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 09-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
Fastcat3

Name :
Fastcat3 has disabled reputation
Default Dale Jr. has two 8s

So Dale Jr. will drive the 88 next year with sponsorship from Pepsi's Mountain Dew and one of their power drinks. The press release read they wanted to put away the party boy image and show a serious racer that could promote the brand. Oh did I forget the candybar "Big Mo" that Dale is promoting. They want to appeal to the "younger crowd" under 21. Well I guess that means screw us older Nascar fans that have the money and have been so loyal to Dale Sr., Dale Jr. and Nascar. This seems to be just one more thing to drive die hard fans of Nascar away. Nothing against "Kia", but it would not have been the same if Dale Sr. was sponsored by Kia instead of Goodwrench and this deal with his son seems about the same. What will they do next to us. Thankfully there is NHRA and I will remain a fan of that racing form as it expands.
Fastcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Plus their expanding the chase to 13 spots so Jr. will make it next year.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Guys.....give him a break. He's doing what he believes he needs to do to win a championship. DEI "ain't gettin it done!" It's time to try something different. I think within two or three years you'll see a big difference. Hey, as for the "party boy image", you need to remember, he's not 19 anymore. He's taking this business serious. And think about it. It could be worse. He could be driving a Toyota with Tony for a team mate!
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough

change can be good for you
some of the people on the board might want to give it a try lol

if you were a jr fan, you'd still be a Jr fan no matter what he drives or who his sponsor is
God forbid he want to live his own life and try to shape his own destiny a bit instead of trying to please every Nascar fan who has been around more than 5 years and feels they are owed something.
Rebekah7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
vett boy

Name :

I'm willin' to bet he doesn't make the chase next year.
Unread 10-20-2007, 09:56 AM   #6
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
I'm willin' to bet he doesn't make the chase next year.
He'll have a better chance at making the Top 12 simply because HMS motors don't blow-up very-often (how many times this season has the motor in car-8 expired with it running Top 10? ), and it's possible that JGR will struggle while adapting to running ToJo, freeing-up Stewart's and Hamlin's spots:
they guy who's really gotten scrwed-over appears to be Alan Gustufsson (spelling? ), who's been the crew-chief for Meat-Head's #5 in recent seasons, but will now be demoted in the HMS chain-of-coomand, with Eury Jr. sitting on Junyah's tool-box.
Unread 10-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
vett boy

Name :

Your probably right ,I do hope Jr. does well. 2008 will at least be interesting or it maybe the big slide for NASCAR.
Unread 10-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #8
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
Your probably right ,I do hope Jr. does well. 2008 will at least be interesting or it maybe the big slide for NASCAR.

I think NASCAR 'jumped-the-shark' a few years ago, instituting this bogus 'Chase' -format, no-passing under the Yellow-line at Daytona & 'Dega (if ya got the stones to drive down-there, more power to ya! ), and the girlie-man 'Lucky-Dog' thing.....
Unread 10-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post

I think NASCAR 'jumped-the-shark' a few years ago, instituting this bogus 'Chase' -format, no-passing under the Yellow-line at Daytona & 'Dega (if ya got the stones to drive down-there, more power to ya! ), and the girlie-man 'Lucky-Dog' thing.....
I don't think the chase format is all that bad,,, but I agree with you on the other things. The chase helps keep the fans by the tv tube since they can't have a runaway winner with 5, 6, 7 etc races to go.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote