The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 07-30-2007, 12:29 AM   #1
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough
Default Billy Boats

Greetings all,
Deb and I took a drive up to Tampa on Friday to check out "The Corvette Shop" at 609 N. Dale Mabry(813-872-6907). We had no idea of what the place was, but we found a great place to find those missing or hard to find parts. They also do extensive crash repairs and complete rebuilds. Since Corvettes are their main focus, they seem to do a good business keeping the early cars alive and the newer ones looking and running great. They have a huge used parts inventory so if you are looking for a center cap for your wheel, a set of gears for your rear axle, or a fitting for your vacuum operated headlamp doors, I would bet they have it.

OH, they also have a nice assortment of used vettes for sale !

This brings me to my topic. While we were there perusing the place, looking at their stuff, cars and other assorted items, I happened to notice a set of
B&B Bullets sitting there. They looked like new so I asked about them. They were put on a customers car and they were too loud, so they were changed out for another brand.

Long story short, we agreed on a price, I handed over my keys, Deb and I walked a couple of blocks down the street to Ruby Tuesdays, had lunch and by the time we got back, about 90 mins later, the car was sitting out front with the Bullets installed and looking loud.

The drive back to Bradenton from Tampa was very different. I would not recommend this exhaust to everyone, but if you like the sound of your car growling like a C5R passing that Porsch at Sebring , then you will like this exhaust. Taking off from a stop was really cool. With the old stock exhaust the car just quietly but quickly took off, but with the Bullets on there it really sounds like you are getting into it, even if you are not. I didn't find the sound level in the car, with the top up, very noticable while cruising, it was there but not overbearing. The road noise was generally louder than the exhaust tone at 70mph.

These guys seemed to be OK to deal with, but this was my first dealings with them so I could be wrong. I will probably contact them in the future if I need something so until then they are ok by me.

Joe B.

Last edited by 98 softtail; 08-15-2008 at 06:39 PM.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 01:31 AM   #2
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

Looks awesome i bet they sound that way as well!
Unread 07-30-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I'm hooked

The Billy Boats were the first mod I did to our '03. I don't think they are loud enough! And I have the "bullets" that have no muffling of any kind. As far as sound; I have no problem talking, top down or up. Radio is fine too. We have several members with them and only one complains of a "drone" at speed but he has an automatic whereas we have a 6-speed - makes a difference?
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

I have them too and love them! I have a 6-speed so if I get into the drone RPM range I can up shift or down shift to change the RPM's. They are a little loud with the windows up but nothing I will complain about.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
coolassbrad

Name :
coolassbrad is on a distinguished road

i bought my vette from them great deal wonderful service and it goes back to them for my warrenty work and mods.
coolassbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Well we don't hear from you for a week and now this. I thought you looked louder on Friday when you went zooming by me.

Last edited by C5Rick; 07-30-2007 at 06:38 PM.
C5Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

They look great,that's the set I want,now I MUST hear them.They look like they stick out alittle?Do you mind if I ask what was the charge?And you said that "the guy seemed ok"Was there a problem or should we just stay away?
I can't wait to hear them,Are they louder then the yellow vette?
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 06:05 PM   #8
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

If the sound ever gets too much for you, i can always trade you my Billy boat route 66's.

Chas
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Opps you have a C5 and i have a C6 so they wont swap anyway.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2007, 06:56 PM   #10
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyard Mechanic
They look great,that's the set I want,now I MUST hear them.They look like they stick out alittle?Do you mind if I ask what was the charge?And you said that "the guy seemed ok"Was there a problem or should we just stay away?
I can't wait to hear them,Are they louder then the yellow vette?
I don't know what Joe invested but my set:
Bullets from TKO Performance, $$670.00 plus shipping
Magnaflow X- Pipe from West Coast Corvettes, $290 shipped
Corvettes of Houston was about same price for Bullets, but offered free shipping. When I called they didn't have any in stock and said they would call when they restocked. Never got a call. I searched and for new, these two sources appeared to be the lowest priced.