The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 02-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #31
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

We're a little different than most boards Bob.

The owner/admin believes in freedom of speech (even on a privately owned/held board) and allows everyone to air thier differences to a point.

Personal attacks are not welcomed.
When a thread starts to becomes personal, that's when we generally step in and say something.

It got off kilter early on with the whole Katrina thing

Then the allegation of racism and the response.

I have to admit that I allowed it to get out of hand by responding to the Katrina post and not bringing it back to FOOTBALL.

But enough is enough. We're all friends here, and with all friends, sometimes we disagree, and sometimes we fight...but from what I've seen here over the years, we still have each others back when the chit hits the fan!

I wouldn't trade this group of folks or this board, for any other board or group I know!

Not even for a new FORD ESCAPE

Seriouly though, it's time to bring it back to the OP's topic...that being the SUPERBOWL.

Lets drop the other stuiff and if necessary to continue, either open a new thread or take it to PM please

Gordon

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #32
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
...I am a super mod on Comp Plus...
...Did ya get the cape and undies too?

(psst-*hint*I turned mine back in. Not too cool in public)

Remember:

Unread 02-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #33
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
I agree Gordon and maybe didn't do a good job of stating my case. A thread should or could have been posted in the Rant section. Title: Is XXXX a raciest. Then they can go at it. Personal attacks or whatever direction they want to go. I also don't think Rich wants this and it's dis-respectful to him and his board.

It can be tough to make a decision where to draw the line and I feel you did a great job. You tried to clear the air which is what I would have done and it's not your fault it didn't work. Some folks can't take a hint.

I've been thinking about stealing your avitar (not undies) but you know where I live.
Rich is pretty open minded and doesn't take offense as easily as some board owners/admins. I'm not going to speak for him, but just my own opinion, personal attacks should never be tolerated. There's no place for them other than face to face, phone or pm/email.

People do a great job here, policing themselves.

Lets let this rest and go back to football please.

Jim made the avatar for me, and it's stolen from some google searchHelp yourself

Remember:

Unread 02-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #34
TxMomma
Texas Momma

Name :
TxMomma is on a distinguished road

Oh man.....Ray would have had FUN with this thread. Hey Gordon....how goes it? Don't drop in too often, but seems the forum is doing well..... Tell everyone hi for us.....maybe get together sometime down the road.

NCM #2022
TxMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #35
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I agree Gordon and maybe didn't do a good job of stating my case. A thread should or could have been posted in the Rant section. Title: Is XXXX a raciest. Then they can go at it. Personal attacks or whatever direction they want to go. I also don't think Rich wants this and it's dis-respectful to him and his board.

It can be tough to make a decision where to draw the line and I feel you did a great job. You tried to clear the air which is what I would have done and it's not your fault it didn't work. Some folks can't take a hint.

I've been thinking about stealing your avitar (not undies) but you know where I live.
Quote:
This is MY thread and I resent all the bullshlt. As Shadow just posted, it's about football. I also think anyone that wants to discuss race or racism is entitled to do so, but not in my thread.

I got no dog in this hunt but I'll give everyone a little advice. If you try to read between the lines you'll usually end up in a pizzing match.

This is Rich's board and we all owe him respect. This stuff is dis-respectful to him because this damn sure is not what he had in mind when he set this up.

One last thing. I am a super mod on Comp Plus and I would not tolerate this BS for a minute. I would not let anyone dis-respect that board or Bobby Bennett.

For all your pizzing and moaning about the thread being off topic you certainly became quite the hypocrite when you posted several more times about how people cant take a hint.....

I thought you were insisting that the thread be about football, but I haven't seen any posts about that from you lately.... Mr Super Mod all mighty....
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #36
Shadow

Name :

FOOTBALL *** Dammit! FOOTBALL!!

Remember:

Unread 02-12-2010, 08:34 PM   #37
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
FOOTBALL gentlemen....FOOTBALL!

(otherwise, we shut 'er down and move the pertinent posts to a new thread in the Ranting Room!)
As advised, continued here --------> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...481#post108481

I love a good argument

Back on topic, I still beleive it was in my top ten of the most boring Super Bowls ever.

Question, will either team make it back next year?

Cheers
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #38
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

**sigh** I guess it's getting to be time to implement an official infraction system here to keep the personal attacks and slurs from getting out of hand.

Seriously guys, do you HAVE to get personal with derogatory slurs thrown at each other when merely typing out words on a keyboard?

Cease and desist, please. I would hate for myself and the mods to have to get "not nice" in order to keep this site "nice".
Unread 02-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #39
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation
Default Z06

Z06, you have disabled PM's so I'll post.

Your boyfriend and yourself decided to turn a football thread into a race issue and a personal pissing contest.

Both of you show a lack of respect for this board, Rich, Shadow and all members. Not many want to read the garbage both of you have posted. Personally, if I was in charge you would be gone.

Your language shows a lack of education and a lack of self control. I would say you are a mental midget. My advice is that you should at least get a GED and also some professional help.

I will now place you on ignore so rant away.

EDIT

Well folks, the joke is on us! I tried to put this guy on my ignore list and got the following message:

Sorry Z06 Rocket is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Bob K; 02-14-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #40
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxMomma View Post
Oh man.....Ray would have had FUN with this thread. Hey Gordon....how goes it? Don't drop in too often, but seems the forum is doing well..... Tell everyone hi for us.....maybe get together sometime down the road.
Hey Lady It has been a while.
We'll be up in Ocala for business either this week or next depending onthe schedule. I'll take this to PM so keep a look out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzvette View Post
As advised, continued here --------> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...481#post108481

I love a good argument

Back on topic, I still beleive it was in my top ten of the most boring Super Bowls ever.

Question, will either team make it back next year?

Cheers
I didn't think it was all that boring, bu I'm not a big football fan anyway. I usually watch the Superbowl and sometimes some of the playoffs, but that's about it.
I wasn't surpised with the Colts making it. As far as next year? God knows? I never thought the BUC's would get there and look what they did?

Quote:
Z06, you have disabled PM's so I'll post.

Your boyfriend and yourself decided to turn a football thread into a race issue and a personal pissing contest.

Uncalled for!

Both of you show a lack of respect for this board, Rich, Shadow and all members. Not many want to read the garbage both of you have posted. Personally, if I was in charge you would be gone.

You're not. Please stop with the scoldings!

Your language shows a lack of education and a lack of self control. I would say you are a mental midget. My advice is that you should at least get a GED and also some professional help.

You really don't know him. I do. You're way off base and only fueling the fire.

I will now place you on ignore so rant away.

Well good luck with that one
EDIT

Well folks, the joke is on us! I tried to put this guy on my ignore list and got the following message:

Sorry Z06 Rocket is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

...see what I meant?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!
NO!

This is the LAST warning for everyone on this thread. We've all been overly patient (you WILL NOT find this level of patience elsewhere I might add) but it's running thin.

I really like everyone on this board and consider everyone here a friend.
As such, I've asked over and over that this childish bickering stop publicly. Rich has done the same.

I know the "Real mods" are laughing about this elsewhere, but that's just the way we prefer to play around here

Please stop now. The next response, not related to the game, gets a short vacation.

Bitches, grips or suggestions relative to the matter, call, PM (if you can get through-they stay full) or email me.

Thanks
Gordon

Remember: