The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 04-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #11
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
...So, lets say you come across a snake in your house or lanai and suspect it's something dangerous, what are you supposed to do? broom, shovel, magnum?
When I've had to kill rattlers and moccasins, I've always (except once) used either a hoe or steel (old fashion types) rake.

Long reach, heavy duty to remove the head or at least hol it down while I remove it with a machete

Shot one one time but I was in the woods on duty. Patrolloing an area known for dumping stolen cars. Stepped out of my car and this arrogant little mofo struck my boot!!! Scared the chit outta me!

Got the hell out of the way and it coiled up.....bad damned mistake little slithery dude...couple warning shouts to clear the area...all quiet....BANG!!

1 shot, 1 kill (shut up Carrie!)

1) .357 silver tipped hollow point...$.45 cents.
1) cleaning kit material...$1.50

1) dead, headless, slithery lilttle critter dude....f**king priceless...!

And as a bonus...1 very happy Deputy

Did I mention how much I HATE snakes?

Also, found a rattler along the tile in my pool once. We were going out to swin, took a walk around the pool for no particular reason and whoa!!

This SOB is plastered against the reddish tile along the top.....!!!

Sum Beach!! Every body outta the way!!!

Can't shoot it (I'd screw up the marcite and most likely the bedroom window), ain't gonna get in there with it (Johnny Weismuller I'm not!)
and certainly not gonna let it crawl away alive

Out comes the trusty hoe (garden type beotch!), coax it outta ma damn pool and onto the cool deck..It's really pissed about now!

I sling it into the grass and well.....wish I knew a little something about taxidermy

As for what you can feed them?

Lead works

But seriously, Shooting snakes with anything less than a shot gun is risky on a lot of fronts.

With anything, you risk collateral damage from the impact and/or the ricochet unless you're in soft sand.

Stick with striking impliments with looooooong handles

OR....just call the cops.....we just love coming out on that sort of chit

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #12
Spinedoc
Spinedoc

Name :
Spinedoc is on a distinguished road

Lead works

LOL... Apparently works for you...
Spinedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
When I've had to kill rattlers and moccasins, I've always (except once) used either a hoe or steel (old fashion types) rake.

Long reach, heavy duty to remove the head or at least hol it down while I remove it with a machete

Shot one one time but I was in the woods on duty. Patrolloing an area known for dumping stolen cars. Stepped out of my car and this arrogant little mofo struck my boot!!! Scared the chit outta me!

Got the hell out of the way and it coiled up.....bad damned mistake little slithery dude...couple warning shouts to clear the area...all quiet....BANG!!

1 shot, 1 kill (shut up Carrie!)

1) .357 silver tipped hollow point...$.45 cents.
1) cleaning kit material...$1.50

1) dead, headless, slithery lilttle critter dude....f**king priceless...!

And as a bonus...1 very happy Deputy

Did I mention how much I HATE snakes?

Also, found a rattler along the tile in my pool once. We were going out to swin, took a walk around the pool for no particular reason and whoa!!

This SOB is plastered against the reddish tile along the top.....!!!

Sum Beach!! Every body outta the way!!!

Can't shoot it (I'd screw up the marcite and most likely the bedroom window), ain't gonna get in there with it (Johnny Weismuller I'm not!)
and certainly not gonna let it crawl away alive

Out comes the trusty hoe (garden type beotch!), coax it outta ma damn pool and onto the cool deck..It's really pissed about now!

I sling it into the grass and well.....wish I knew a little something about taxidermy

Lead works

But seriously, Shooting snakes with anything less than a shot gun is risky on a lot of fronts.

With anything, you risk collateral damage from the impact and/or the ricochet unless you're in soft sand.

Stick with striking impliments with looooooong handles

OR....just call the cops.....we just love coming out on that sort of chit
haha too bad there isn't some little exploding BBs.

I don't have any garden tools, I'll have to pull out my driver. I only hope I connect better with his head than I do with the ball.
Unread 04-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #14
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

When I was around 7 or 8 I had a CO2 powered pellet gun, and I kid you not that thing would go through a small piece of wood. I used to shoot at the birds and squirrels that ran across the power lines behind my house. My neighbor behind me used to sit outside with a cold one and just count off the dead as they fell to the ground haha.
Unread 04-17-2009, 11:06 PM   #15
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
haha too bad there isn't some little exploding BBs.

I don't have any garden tools, I'll have to pull out my driver. I only hope I connect better with his head than I do with the ball.
....FORE!!.....

Remember:

Unread 04-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #16
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I've got to admit that I'm pretty surprised and disappointed to read this sort of animosity towards snakes........
Unread 04-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #17
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

I'm with Shadow, like I would have a self debate about a color mix.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #18
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

I walked in my house one day to find a diamondback hanging out of the roof vent for the Ac in the kitchen. I seriously looked at it, walked under it to the fridge, got whatever it was I wanted, and almost made it to the garage before it hit me WTF it was hanging out of that vent. So I go to catch the little guy and he slithers his ass back up in the ducting. So at that point I then have to go up in the attic and start tearing apart the AC ducting. Finally found him and threw him out of the attic's window. Then I go to put everything back together and I see a yellow rat snake slithering away from under the disturbed ducting...

Anyway, we have this metal bar with a forked end on it that makes catching snakes pretty easy. Which is a good thing since I find a lot of them slithering around. With the exception of one water moccasin, I've never killed any of them. Too much fun to set them free and watch them terrify the neighbors.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #19
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
I walked in my house one day to find a diamondback hanging out of the roof vent for the Ac in the kitchen. I seriously looked at it, walked under it to the fridge, got whatever it was I wanted, and almost made it to the garage before it hit me WTF it was hanging out of that vent. So I go to catch the little guy and he slithers his ass back up in the ducting. So at that point I then have to go up in the attic and start tearing apart the AC ducting. Finally found him and threw him out of the attic's window. Then I go to put everything back together and I see a yellow rat snake slithering away from under the disturbed ducting...

Anyway, we have this metal bar with a forked end on it that makes catching snakes pretty easy. Which is a good thing since I find a lot of them slithering around. With the exception of one water moccasin, I've never killed any of them. Too much fun to set them free and watch them terrify the neighbors.
HA! You lost me at slithers back up in the vent. I would have turned the AC on to sub zero and made a pop cicle out of him.

No way I'm going up there without those exploding BBs
Unread 04-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #20
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I've got to admit that I'm pretty surprised and disappointed to read this sort of animosity towards snakes........
Then I'm just going to have to continue to be a big dissapointment to you!!

I don't like snakes, never have and never will!

That said, I've become more tolerant of the non-poisionious types we generally find around here lately. I've got one, a little garter snake, that I call "sneaky snake." He used to stick his little head out of the Sago Palm when it was by the door and look at us as we went in and out. No biggie after the first WTF! was over

The gardens gone and what do I find? This little SOB sunning himself on the dirt! Shoot! let him live, he's ok

Now, for that snake in the attic! I ain't puttin up with dat chit for 1 second!

If there's one, there's probably more and I'm NOT sharing my house (or my grandaughters safety) with any poisionious reptile....PERIOD!

I don't care what any one thinks about it or me!

How's that for succinct? (sp)

Remember: