The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > Corvettes Anonymous

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Corvettes Anonymous An International Support Association dedicated to anyone whose passion (or problem) is Corvettes.

Unread 01-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
MMC5

Name :
MMC5 is on a distinguished road
Default We Deliver

We Deliver....Well actually, YOU Deliver!

This has been an amazing couple of months! Quite a Rush to say the least!

We’ve certainly had our share of Start-Up costs i.e. Incorporation, Logo set-up for printing ~ embroidery ~ silk-screening, and general “doing business” expenses.

In spite of all that and Totally Through Your Support, we were able to reach out to the RCS Food Bank here in Clearwater.

Several of you sent not only your money for the purchase of shirts, caps or both, but also sent an extra donation with the instruction to “Put It Toward The Cause”. Well, we did and we thank you very much.

First, I pooled all of the donations then added much of the money from sales and on Monday of this week, delivered 583 pounds of food to RCS Food Bank

I also had the opportunity to tour the facility, talk with the Director and meet some of the ALL Volunteer Staff.
At the Receiving Doc We’ve certainly had our share of Start-Up costs i.e. Incorporation, Logo set-up for printing ~ embroidery ~ silk-screening, and general “doing business” expenses.

[url="
At the Receiving Doc, everything is weighed then placed either in shopping carts or on dollies and wheeled into the warehouse where it is then sorted into Units.

A Unit is an individual allocation.

While food stuffs obviously weigh different, each Unit has as close as possible an equal amount of goods. The shopping cart in the center is full of Single Units, while the lady doing the sorting is building 4-Unit Boxes.

The huge stack of boxes is all 4-Units

Depending on the Client’s financial situation and size of family, they can receive a package of 1 to 4 or more Units. RCS has now been able to provide food on a twice / week basis. They also have the capability to provide assistance with Rent, Utilities, and / or Mortgage.

The entire operation is much like the ebb and flow of the tide. Goods are taken in and sorted in the mornings, stacked and readied for handing out in the afternoons.

With the exception of a bag of mixed candy, I have no doubt that everything delivered has already been given to those who could put it to immediate use. And that bag of candy….well, the Staff put it to good use!

Thank you All for your tremendous support!

Tom

MMC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

:Big Tom for your time and effort to help the needie And us folks with a Corvette addiction .I love the fact when i purchase something, a part of the money goes for a great cause. I hope to see you at Old town on Sat or Sun. God Bless Corvette Anonymous
Unread 01-12-2007, 06:46 AM   #3
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

I like the fact that when I purchase something for me, i'm also helping someone in need thru "my problem"
Love the display you provided as well as the detailed information. It allows me to see first hand what GREAT JOB you all are doing!

I too look forward to seeing you again at the up coming NCRS!

See ya There!