The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 01-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
spiceman

Name :
spiceman has disabled reputation
Default For the Members some personal feedback

To all my fellow Corvetteflorida Club member's, give me your Story's in short of your first Corvette buy, and why? What made that Corvette you first bought so special to you? and if you have a pic, post it. I'm sure there are stories here with Great memory's attached. Thanks guyZ N Galz.....SPICE

Here's my story,
I was sixteen, worked my tail off on a horse farm to buy my first Corvette.
My oldest sister was dating "Willie Wither's" who owned a Black 57 fulie.
NO hubcaps, and glass pack muffler's that were for that time loud as all get out, Willie also had some custom candy burgandy scallops painted on his Vette. Needless to say, I got my kick's riding in his 57 and had to have one.
I got my 63 Gold (saddle tan w/ saddel tan 340 / 4 speed and my dad helped by getting the insurance for me. That was 1964. I later 1966 turned it into a GT SCCA race Corvette with the help of none other than Zora Arkus-Duntov.
Attached Images

spiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

WOW!

Unread 01-21-2010, 03:32 AM   #3
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

My story isn't as impressive, shorter time frame too.

Back in 84, my dad bought my mom an 84, so they could go cruising together. He had a 71, which he later sold to fund the move to Florida. Eventually it got kind of run down, so we started working on it together. At some point he got frustrated enough with it that he began calling it "your stupid car". I of course had no problem with that. He didn't either, until I started calling it "my Vette", which apparently made him decide that is wasn't. Ever since then whose car it is depends on what it does when certain people drive it. Generally speaking, if I'm driving it and it breaks, it's his car. If he's driving it and something breaks, it's my car. If it runs funny, it's my car. If anybody is driving it and something small breaks (like a AC switch) it is his car and I broke it, even if he was driving it when it broke. Whenever money is put into it, it is his car (whoever pays). When insurance comes due, it's my car. When everything works perfectly and a shooting star passes precisely overhead, it is "our" car.

Currently, my dad has bought a few cars and seems to have no interest in ownership of the Vette. Especially since he got the XLR, when the transmission went out he even said it was my car. How long this will last, I haven't the foggiest. I'm hoping to prolong it for as long as I can after I put the new transmission by carefully referring to it as "the Vette".

So I suppose that you could call it a family heirloom. This may not be accurate from week to week, but that's the best summary I've got.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote