The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #11
Electra

Name :
Electra is on a distinguished road
Default Vette/Chevy Show Oct. 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Do you have a trophy for the "Best collection of rock chips on the hood"? I think I could qualify for that one. Comes with the territory when buying a used vehicle that was a DD, I guess. I would get it painted, but I know if I did, the very next day a tree limb would fall and hit it. So I might as well wait until at least this hurricane season has passed by. And who knows, I may decide to go REALLY bonkers and get a Kenne Bell or Maggie, so would need a new hood anyway......

But heck, maybe I could make that fest. End of October isn't bad around here, work wise.
Gee, I'll have to look into that -- the competition might be pretty strong! We bought our Vette new in Detroit (Dearborn, actually -- Ford Country!) and on the 1500 mile trip back to home in Florida, we got a nice chip on the headlamp canister. The very next day, we took the car to Ultra Shield in Fort Myers (that's the same translucent stuff that's used on helicopter rotors) and had it applied to the entire front of the car, side mirrors and behind the wheel wells. It's been on the car 4 years now, and the stuff works (and still looks) great! We're only sorry we didn't do the lower rocker panels too. The next Vette will have it! Live and learn, I guess!