The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 05-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #31
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16again
(3) All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except the stop light or other signal device, which may be red, amber, or yellow, and except that the light illuminating the license plate shall be white and the light emitted by a backup lamp shall be white or amber. Deceleration lights as authorized by s. 316.235(5) shall display an amber color.
316.224 Sub section 3 says "All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color"

Please don't get me wrong. I like the look on your car. I'm not trying to give you a hard time bro, only a heads up to avoid a $73.50 ticket if you can avoid driving in front of an officer. Most police probably don't care. Around here it was just a reason to ticket the crazy kid racers who were acting stupid on the road to boot. That mod is more unique now so the initial furvor has probably died down and you would not have as much attention. I know I have some mods that could get attention!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #32
16again

Name : Bob Mancuso
16again is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
316.224 Sub section 3 says "All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color"

Please don't get me wrong. I like the look on your car. I'm not trying to give you a hard time bro, only a heads up to avoid a $73.50 ticket if you can avoid driving in front of an officer. Most police probably don't care. Around here it was just a reason to ticket the crazy kid racers who were acting stupid on the road to boot. That mod is more unique now so the initial furvor has probably died down and you would not have as much attention. I know I have some mods that could get attention!
I know your looking out for me, if I gave another impression it was not my intent. The way I see it.... RED Tailights only need to be red when lit. I'm hoping that intepretation as well as the 6 officers living on my block are correct. If not i'll bite the bullet and pay the fine. Either way, thanks for looking out for me.
Bob
16again is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #33
Z06 Rocket

Name :

Quote:
I know your looking out for me, if I gave another impression it was not my intent.
Oh no, I took it ok, I was jusy making sure you knew I wasn't trying to be a PITA.

Unread 05-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #34
3318C5

Name :
3318C5 has disabled reputation

I probably would not do it on a dark color car, but on your silver car that look great!

PS who black out your rear facia???

Mike

03 An Ed M6
Mods=A lot...
3318C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 10:56 PM   #35
16again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3318C5
I probably would not do it on a dark color car, but on your silver car that look great!

PS who black out your rear facia???

Mike
Thanks for the compliment. I painted the rear with Duplicolor Black Bumper Paint. Very easy mod for under $10.00
Unread 05-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #36
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. I painted the rear with Duplicolor Black Bumper Paint. Very easy mod for under $10.00
Partner i like what you have done .It's breaks from the norm.I too have clears but did not remove the stock red.I moded the inside of the clears and purchased longer SS screws and mounted over the stock.I would consider the clear 3rd brakelite goes good with clear tail lites/ Here's mine
Attached Images

9T8Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2006, 07:21 AM   #37
Z06 Rocket

Name :

Looks good 9T8Vette!
Unread 05-24-2006, 07:46 AM   #38
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Looks good 9T8Vette!
:Thanks Z06 Rocket,I haven't seen to many vette's with clear tail lites. Alot have the side marker and the fr. turn lens, and now i seeing alot of 3rd brake lites.This pic is a older shot i have had the clears from the day i saw them available.The 3rd brake clear lite was available over 3years ago on ebay very limited at the time ,The seller told me there was only 10 made as a demo.The Clear tail lites were sold as show lites only.
9T8Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2006, 12:09 PM   #39
16again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9T8Vette
Partner i like what you have done .It's breaks from the norm.I too have clears but did not remove the stock red.I moded the inside of the clears and purchased longer SS screws and mounted over the stock.I would consider the clear 3rd brakelite goes good with clear tail lites/ Here's mine
Now that's different. Very clever use of the clear and red. I like it. I will get the 3rd brake light in clear shortly.