The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > The Police Blotter

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Police Blotter This forum is for the purpose of alerting our readers of thefts and robberies. The idea is that WE can all keep our eyes peeled for the stuff and maybe catch those creeps.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-27-2009, 05:37 AM   #19
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
I'd have to be with LS2 on this. Now on I4 during rush hour, in a construction zone, etc... not a good idea to speed at all.

But when there is nobody around, it's really not any more dangerous than being there at the speed limit. Back when I got off of work at 4 in the morning, I used to go 130mph all the way home on I4. There just wasn't anybody there to risk running into.
Except that drunk that just left a bar and is doing 30 mph and swervinig all over the 4 lanes because he is afraid if he speeds the cops will stop him.... Ahh, but what is a 100 mph difference in speed? No biggie right? That's if he doesn't get on the incorrect ramp and head straight towards you. Even a super skilled driver such as yourself can't react to his 60 mph opposite your 130 mph (giving you a 190 mph closing speed).

Quote:
And as for cops... I always figured if they were out there and could keep me in sight long enough to get pointed in my direction, they deserve to give me a ticket.
TICKET? Who said anything about a ticket? That kind of speed on some road like I-4 will get you a ticket alright, a one way ticket to jail on a reckless driving charge.

As far as turning around to get "pointed in the right direction", that is if he is going the opposite direction. What if you come up on him in the same direction? He's doing 65 / 70 / 75 and you pass him. He pushes on the gas and falls in behind you. IF you see him because you pass a fully marked cruiser you can try to go faster. If he is in an unmarked Charger or other hidden cruiser then good luck seeing him at all untill all his buddies light you up in a big mob behind and in front of you.

Again, I wish you luck. The old adage is you may out run the motor, but you can't out run motorola. Remember the police are a team. They have multiple cars all over the place. You pass one of them and they get on the horn and tell all their buddies about the reckless driver they just witnessed whom they have criminal charges on and see how many blast their way towards your direction. Cops love a chase. Even you have played cops and robbers as a kid. Pursuits are the few minutes of fun in an otherwise dull and paperwork filled job. Even the whirly bird eye in the sky wants to get in on the chase. Good luck loosing him too.

I've seen more than one extremely fast motorcycle (or car) think they could loose him only to eventually run out of gas or have the house he ducks into surrounded by all kinds of cops. Then he watches from the back seat of a patrol car as the police impound his vehicle right out of his garage.

I think you were VERY lucky that you didn't get the attention of any police, and you should quit while your ahead.

Quote:
And in that 6 months, I never came close to getting in a wreck. But I stopped counting how many times I've almost got run over when going 60-65 through that same area.
Like the last post by LS2 Powa, you ended your own post with the point that we are trying to make. I-4 (and any Bay area road for that matter) is dangerous enough without adding a reckless 130 mph or 176 mph 3,500 lb missle into the mix.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote