The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 12-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Gun show newbie...

Well this weekend I will be attending my first gunshow EVER as a vendor here in Tallahassee. I'm liquidating some of my gun collection, and figure this will be an interesting way to do this. Already have a few guns up on Gunbroker, but I'm thinking this might be a better way to do some stuff that would be awkward to ship.

Should be interesting, I guess. Neither the wife nor I want to spend an entire weekend behind a table at a show, but I figure it will be something we'll get some chuckles out of, even if we don't sell much. I mean, what's the chances that someone is going to have $10K in their pocket for a Barrett M2A1? Even if it is a private sale with no paperwork.......

Wish me luck!
Unread 12-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

...buy engagement ring....buy 308 Galil....buy engagement ring...buy 308 Galil
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Too bad it's not a few miles closer, I would come by and say hi.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308 View Post
Decisions, Decisions....
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308 View Post
There will always be engagement rings around. But you may possibly NEVER see another honest to goodness genuine Galil for sale again.....

BTW, the one that is NOT the ARM model came with a certificate stating it was among the first 100 imported into the USA. I guess I have that somewhere in all the junk around here.
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :
Dick has disabled reputation

are those Galil builds? Id ditch the girl. You can trust the rifle, the lady you cant. Anything that bleeds for 3 days and doesnt die, you cant trust.
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
are those Galil builds? Id ditch the girl. You can trust the rifle, the lady you cant. Anything that bleeds for 3 days and doesnt die, you cant trust.
No. These are the REAL DEAL. Imported as complete guns, not parts guns. I bought the standard .308 Galil in 1983. The ARM model I got in 1992.

Some other things I'll be taking to the show will be a few Ingram MAC10s in 9mm and .45. Maybe a MAC11 in .380 if I decide to part with one. These are the original OPEN BOLT models. I've had them since around 1981. I believe I still have the original boxes for them.

I hope to hell I'm not going to be one of those guys 10 years from now lamenting the fact that I sold some of this stuff they I may never see again.

But heck, I would say I'm averaging hitting only 1 out of 4 shots at the squirrels around here lately, so maybe my recreational shooting days are just over with. I don't even know if I could lug one of those Barrett 50s down to my shooting range any longer.

I'm going to still keep a few guns, but I can't see any reason to hang onto all this stuff any longer. I had originally planned to try to sell enough to get a new ZR-1 when I first heard about them. But I'm not all that thrilled with them, and may buy a new Z06 instead.

Aw heck, I probably won't sell a single thing this weekend. Everyone is probably broke......
Unread 12-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #8
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :

Rich, I hope you have a profitable weekend at the gunshow. There might be some buyers out there looking for a deal.
Unread 12-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #9
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

You will love it, i grew up at those shows, the people there are nice to deal with

good luck

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 12:32 AM   #10
Rich Z

Heck, I've been to zillions of gunshows before, just never on the vendor's side of the table. When I was hot and heavy building up my collection, Connie and I would travel many a weekend to shows in Lakeland, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, and a few in Daytona. Even went a few in Pensacola, but they were never worth going to for us. Heck, I remember one weekend we went to Crystal River, sold a bunch of snakes to a guy we met there, then headed on to Orlando where I bought one of my Barretts with that money.

But in any event, I expect a lot of other vendors will be stopping by my table wanting me to TRADE with them. But I'm not really interested in anything else. One reason I'm selling most of this stuff is because I really don't shoot any longer. And I can just walk down to my own shooting range here on the property to do so whenever I feel like it. I just haven't "felt like it" for a long time. So it's just time to trade them in for money to go into something else that is more fun for me right now.