The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 02-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #21
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4-BRN-N-KY
There is great, down home cooking at the Park Mammouth Resort, Park City.
It is located about 10-12 miles north of BG. The resort is old style but sits on top of a mountain. Window view in the evening is awesome.
I grew up there. Very much a country girl. Mammmouth Cave Park roads are great for touring and viewing. Nice drive..Worth the time to go through the Park.
Thanks Gwen! I did the cave tour during the opening of the museum back in 1994. Very interesting!
Unread 02-25-2007, 08:30 AM   #22
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Vettes
Thanks Gwen! I did the cave tour during the opening of the museum back in 1994. Very interesting!
Linda,

Did you say, ...GWEN????

This wouldn't, by chance be, ..."What's her name?"

You know, the first time we met for lunch at Uno's?

You know, the couple with the two red C4s?

You know, his name was Tom and her name, ...I could never quite remember, and you gave me hell for referring to her as "What's her name"?

You know, Tom was talking about getting a black C5 convertible, but you told me that did not pan out!

You know, ...that Gwen!?!?
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #23
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Yes!!! That Gwen
She still has the red '94 but he bought a spiral gray coupe with a very nice exhaust She also put an exhaust system on hers and I think it's louder than his!
Unread 02-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #24
Rich427

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Vettes
Yes!!! That Gwen
She still has the red '94 but he bought a spiral gray coupe with a very nice exhaust She also put an exhaust system on hers and I think it's louder than his!
And you thought I couldn't remember!
Unread 02-26-2007, 06:57 AM   #25
C4-BRN-N-KY

Name :
C4-BRN-N-KY has disabled reputation
Wink

Good Morning from "Gwen"
I had to laugh at the dialogue over my name. I have been called "hey you" so many times. My name is at times a challenge to remember and more so, to spell..Gwendolyn.

As Linda said, I just love my new exhaust system and I agree, I think it is louder than Tom's system. The downside is the inside of the car is also louder than Tom's C5 and that is a bummer. Oh well! The need for speed and good sound comes at a price. I also changed out the hard top for a glass top.

Linda told me you all were down and that we missed you. Next time, we must get back together for lunch or dinner. I promise to wear a name tag! just kidding.

Thanks for the chuckle while having my morning coffee.

Have a fun day.
gwen
C4-BRN-N-KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #26
Rich427

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4-BRN-N-KY
Good Morning from "Gwen"
I had to laugh at the dialogue over my name. I have been called "hey you" so many times. My name is at times a challenge to remember and more so, to spell..Gwendolyn.

As Linda said, I just love my new exhaust system and I agree, I think it is louder than Tom's system. The downside is the inside of the car is also louder than Tom's C5 and that is a bummer. Oh well! The need for speed and good sound comes at a price. I also changed out the hard top for a glass top.

Linda told me you all were down and that we missed you. Next time, we must get back together for lunch or dinner. I promise to wear a name tag! just kidding.

Thanks for the chuckle while having my morning coffee.

Have a fun day.
gwen
Hi ...Gwendolyn!

Yea we have been down a number of times since we met at the Uno's. In fact, our '01 convertible is now a permanent resident in Ft. Myers, so we have real wheels now when we come into town!

We have added a couple things to the family since we have seen you. In December I came across an '04 Z06 Commemorative Edition with 5,900 miles on it and could not pass it up. So the garage space in Gateway is filling up before I even move down! The '69 and the Z06 CE will be shipped down sometime this summer.

The other thing we added to the family is a cast on Joyce's left leg. Two weeks ago Joyce slipped on the ice and broke her leg just above the ankle. So the next trip down is going to be real interesting getting her on and off the plane, and in and out of a car, restaurants, shopping malls, etc. I have a feeling that her broken leg is going to break my back. She just could not make it through one more winter!

I'll let you and Linda know as soon as we finalize our plans. We are coming down on March 8th and will be there through the 13th (Thursday through Tuesday). We have some Corvette friends ('62 & '66) coming in from Illinois to visit as well. I have to figure out a few logistics and then we can see if everyone's schedule lines up.

If not, we will make it another time. Joyce and I should be down there permanently sometime this summer.

Glad to see you are on the board with us, and tell Tom we said hi. BTW, Spiral Grey is a kick a$$ color!

Rich
Unread 02-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #27
C4-BRN-N-KY

Name :
C4-BRN-N-KY has disabled reputation

Good Morning.
You and Joyce are in Corvette mode. Sorry to hear about the leg break. At least it wasn't the driving leg of course unless she drives the Z06. A break in that location is just a bad spot and can be hard to heal. Inconvenient as well.
The SWFCC is really busy during your timeframe here. Perhaps you and your friends could join us as guests on March 10th? It is an early day 7am to meet and get across the bridge before it closes at 10am.
March 10th the club is the first part of the Shrimp Festival Parade, Ft Myers Beach. We provide transportation for the Festival Princess and her court. In addition we carry the city councilmen, etc. The beach is packed with lots, lots of arts/crafts/foods/fun/ music, etc. Tom and I have our favorite bar stool waiting for us at the Lani Kai on the beach.
This year we will have a designated spot to park the vettes at the end of the parade to allow us to stay on the island and be part of the day's events.
If this is something you and Joyce would like to do, let Linda and I know and we will invite you as our guest for the parade.
We spent the day last Saturday in Punta Gorda on the river. I think there were over 400 cars in the show and 90% were Corvettes. Great time and great weather. No ice anywhere. I can relate. I went back home to KY for two years and had the two worst winters ever. Recruited back to Ft Myers and here I will stay.
Yes, Tom's car is beautiful but a the show more people stopped to look at mine than his. Our neighbor and friend Marie went up with us and she was keeping head count because she just loves to aggravate Tom. He deserves it too! She will be riding with me in the parade and Billie will ride w/Tom. We will have enough cars to transport everyone. There is no competition in this household! Right...

We are in the JAYCEE parade in Cape Coral this Saturday evening.

Looking forward to seeing you all once again. Joyce, take care with the leg. You need to be Vetting around shortly.

Gwen
C4-BRN-N-KY is offline   Reply With Quote