The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 11-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #11
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road
Default Tampa Meeting Place

For those coming from the Tampa/Pinellas area, let's meet at the Hooters/Office Depot in Brandon, just like for the TBV runs. It's 85 miles up I75 from there to the museum. If we leave at around 9 AM, that gets us to the museum between 10 and 10:30, which is about when the Orlando group should arrive.

What say ye?
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 08:03 AM   #12
litevette

Name :
litevette has disabled reputation

I'm in ya'll. It will be an impressive sight to see these Vettes cruising out together. BTW, when you enter the parking lot at the museum, check out the two strips of rubber where Big Daddy broke out one of the old Swamp Rat's a few years ago and lit 'em up!
litevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #13
AdvAutoBob
got nitrous?

Name :
AdvAutoBob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-1
Rich, Large has some of his earliest dragsters, the front-engined car that blew part of his foot-off, leading him to design the first successful rear-engined car, his 'Side-winder' (transverse motor-mounted ) dragster, some early Funny Cars, and anything you can imagine:
perhaps his most-famous car, Swamp Rat XXX, which performed this 'blow-over' in New Jersey in July '86

is not at the Museum, being on semi-permenant display at the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.

Swamp Rat XXXI IS at the museum (that's the one he crashed in Washington). Not a pretty sight.. XXXII (my favorite of the last three) was on display, but has since been moved to the Scummit store in Ohio. I loved the engineering on it, especially the monopod wing support. It was designed to be "the first to 300MPH", but never made it (finally running 299) before being retired.

As to going... I will be unable to go, but I've been many times already, with the last visit being on the 29th of October. To the guys going, have fun!
Specializing in American Performance featuring CORVETTE
(239)-573-9933
www.advancedautocc.com
AdvAutoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 08:59 AM   #14
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvAutoBob
..... Swamp Rat XXXII was on display, but has since been moved to the Summit store in Ohio.
When I lived in Pa. and raced, we'd drive to Summit Racing's original HQ/warehouse, to get our parts direct, but it has been years since I was to their facility, and didn't know that SW-32 had been loaned-out to them.
Unread 11-22-2006, 07:04 PM   #15
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Who else is coming?

Hey Mekanic, Madn3ss, Jim Kill, 2Vettes, And the rest of ya's Whom we just met at the UCP. Not to mention those on the forum who we've not met. Not coming? Call in sick, whatever it takes.

Heck, We're not even a race fans and we're going!

C'mon, we can hang out, do Lunch etc etc...

~Ray
Unread 11-22-2006, 07:20 PM   #16
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah! I will tentatively say we will be there. Hard for me to think that far in advance, though.
Unread 11-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #17
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

..... the reason we planned this event for a Sunday was to allow as-many Corvette-owners as-possible the chance to go, as a group, with us:
we are still 9+ weeks-away, and encourage and welcome any Corvette-owners (and friends ) join us.
USA-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #18
Fastmax32168

Name :
Fastmax32168 has disabled reputation

Hey Lets converge on it from all directions. Anybody want to plan a caravan over there from the East Coast? Im in Daytona.
Fastmax32168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #19
litevette

Name :
litevette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmax32168
Hey Lets converge on it from all directions. Anybody want to plan a caravan over there from the East Coast? Im in Daytona.
I'm all in for that. Since the best route for most to take would be up the turnpike to I-75, we could meet up at the Millenia Mall (plenty of parking). It's just off I-4 at the Conroy Road exit. This is strategic because it's not too far off for the people coming up 528 or 408 from Cocoa, Melbourne, and the other cities that way, not too far past the turnpike exit for those coming from Lakeland & Tampa and right on the way for those coming from Daytona, Deltona, Port Orange, etc. Who agrees on this spot?
litevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 05:46 AM   #20
Fastmax32168

Name :
Fastmax32168 has disabled reputation

Litevette,
That might work for those from Cocoa and Melbourne, but from Daytona I can be in Ocala in the same length of time it takes to get to the Mall at Millennia.
Roy
Fastmax32168 is offline   Reply With Quote