The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 07-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #41
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Shadow, You've been my news source on this one. When I'm notified by email that you have posted I go immediately to see what the latest is. Now I'll go check the news. Thanks buddy.

It doesn't surprise me that folks that have had run ins showed their respect at the other funeral. I'm guessing that most get pizzed at an officer for a ticket or whatever but once they cool down the respect returns.

From me to the officers on this board I respect all of you. Please review all of your previous training and stay safe as possible. I care. I thank all of you for the job you do.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #42
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Thanks Bob.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #43
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

I'm glad the guy was caught. Unfortunately, now we have to suffer 10 years of death row and all the related BS. Our wonderful tax dollars at work.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #44
Shadow

Name :

I agree Not much anyone can do though when it goes down like that

We now have the opportunity to house, feed and provide medical care for this POS until he either cops a plea or is found guilty.

Then, if he get's the death penalty, he gets an "automatic appeal", and 20 years later, we may kill him!

The good thing....he's got a public defender

Remember:

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #45
Shadow

Name :

The services were top notch yesterday.

I keep saying I'm never going again, then.....

Sure wish this would stop

Remember:

Unread 07-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #46
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Just curious Gordon. Why the heck does the appeal process take so long and then repeatable appeals on top of that? Personally, I think if someone is guilty and the judgement is passed down, then the next day HIS ASS IN THE GROUND. I actually can see maybe one appeal just in case there was a major error in court and the rare circumstance where the wrong person is behind bars. Then the families can have immediate closure and life can go on. Now the families will have to suffer for a decade while this ass wastes our time and money and oxygen.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #47
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

My opinion is that regardless of what we do to him or scum like him there can be no justice. He's off the streets and can't harm anyone else and whatever the 'system' does really isn't going to help anyone. Is it?
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #48
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
Just curious Gordon. Why the heck does the appeal process take so long and then repeatable appeals on top of that? Personally, I think if someone is guilty and the judgement is passed down, then the next day HIS ASS IN THE GROUND. I actually can see maybe one appeal just in case there was a major error in court and the rare circumstance where the wrong person is behind bars. Then the families can have immediate closure and life can go on. Now the families will have to suffer for a decade while this ass wastes our time and money and oxygen.
Because the system is set up to be that way. The system is set up to err towards letting a guilty man walk free, rather than to imprison or execute an
innocent man. A murderer may end up killing again, but if he does then the process can repeat itself and hopefully result in him being brought to justice. If an innocent man is convicted and then executed... there are no second chances, it's done and then there is no justice for that man. Even if an innocent man is simply imprisoned, well, freedom is a pretty important thing in this country.

I wouldn't worry about this guy having to worry about any of that though. Cop killers never get off, will never get bail, never get parole, and will not be able to find a court that will support their appeal.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 05:45 AM   #49
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
See Florida's comment below for a very eloquent (and correct) explanation.
And while I agree 100% with your sentiment, I have to say that the system needs to be this way for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
My opinion is that regardless of what we do to him or scum like him there can be no justice. He's off the streets and can't harm anyone else and whatever the 'system' does really isn't going to help anyone. Is it?
Nope. It's not going to bring back the husbands, son, fathers, brothers that were taken away

It's sort of like a funeral...it's for the living. As a "deterrent" to those that may do wrong, and provides some closure for the victims and thier families.

The problem is, a psychopath is generally not "deterred" by they system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
Because the system is set up to be that way. The system is set up to err towards letting a guilty man walk free, rather than to imprison or execute an
innocent man. A murderer may end up killing again, but if he does then the process can repeat itself and hopefully result in him being brought to justice. If an innocent man is convicted and then executed... there are no second chances, it's done and then there is no justice for that man. Even if an innocent man is simply imprisoned, well, freedom is a pretty important thing in this country.

I wouldn't worry about this guy having to worry about any of that though. Cop killers never get off, will never get bail, never get parole, and will not be able to find a court that will support their appeal.
Well said my friend

I will add that the appeal process is automated in capital cases to provide an immediate appeal on a guilty verdict.

Unfortunately, if we follow events over the last several years, we'll see why the system is as screwed up as it is

It's because of us.

In the last 10 years, there have been several high profile cases where "convicted" murderers and rapists, have been released, after someone came forward and admitted they were framed. Where "officials" (Sheriff's, law enforcement officers and even a States Attorney in one case) lied or miused evidence to gain a conviction.
Where DNA evidence has surfaced (with the new technology to use it) to prove a person's innocence.

When those in our system of "justice" pervert it for thier own benefit, the entire system becomes corrupted.

If one innocent person is wrongly convicted and executed for a crime they didn't commit, then our system as a whole has failed!

The middle east has a failry rapid system of "Justice."

I never want to see us get to that point

Again, well said FloridaZ

Remember:

Unread 07-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #50
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, the real problem with the justice system, the political system, and the Constitution itself is that it presumes that it will be managed and enforced by honest, fair, and altruistic individuals. When it comes right down to it, it's really not a failure of the systems themselves, it's just the simple fact of the matter that PEOPLE are flawed, and no system can really fix that kind of a problem. Power over others just tends to corrupt those wielding that power, because that's just the way people are. Heck if people were perfect, I guess there really wouldn't be a need for much of the justice system then, now would it?

But something tells me that if such systems were completely run by computers running strictly off of rules and logic, and everything was flatly black or white, with no gray areas allowing personal discretion, no one would be happy about that type of a system neither.

Anyway, glad the guy got caught, and glad no one else got hurt during that event.