The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 06-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough
Default Corvette -Mexican food!!!!

It's time to pick another restaurant. I was thinking about El Mocojetes on June 30th at 1 pm. The mexican food is excellent and very very good value. The parking lot is big too. the restaurant is located in Palmetto on 301 just east of Haben Blvd (the road that goes behind the civic center) on the north side of 301.
Perhaps we can even do a little run and go out to Anna Maria to Bean Point and then down Longboat Key and visit a couple of water holes to quench our throats. Then head out around St. Armands and any points from there. Just a thought for anyone interested. It won't be a high speed run given that the island police really frown at cars in general on the island.
We could even do the run before lunch and then end up in Palmetto ready to chow. It wuld also be nice if spouses or significant others could join. Kids in my book are always welcome too. I would be glad to map it out and plan the few hours we'll be together.
Anybody interested. Mark
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Mark, that sounds great!!!

The island run is a beautiful drive and there are 3 little beach bars, one in Anna Maria, One in Bradenton Beach and another I think on Longboat Key, that are all owned by the same company. Ifyou want, I could contact them and see if they'd be willing to set something up for us on parking and the like?

I've got the information and will post it up later.

The only way to really enjoy the island cruise is nice and easy You miss too much going fast and as you implied, the island cops have no sense of humor
Either way, this could be a great cruise weather permitting
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

I'm flying my daughter and grandkids in from 6/21 thru 7/5, but if I behave, they'll probably let me go. After all it will be for a good cuase, my sanity.
Unread 06-10-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
THOR

Name :

The three restaurant-bars you are referring to are owned by Ed Chilles- the Sandbar, Beach House, and Mar Vista. They are great places to stop. Also was thinking of the Salty Dog in LBK adjacent to Mote Marine.
Say Shadow, what happened to you yesterday? I thought you were going to join us and show us your 87 vette. Also would like to meet you and get to know our moderator. Mark
Unread 06-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Mark,
In a PM he said something about his Vette wouldn,t start.
Unread 06-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #6
THOR

Name :

Sounds like Shadow was copying me or vice a versa. Bummer.
Unread 06-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #7
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Da Shadow knows......

Seriously now. How the hell can I keep up a rep like "Shadow" if I keep showing up everywhere? Especially in the dayum daytime!!

Sorry I mised it guys and gals

Actually, I some last minute work issues that had to be dealt come up and couldn't wait By the time I was done it was after 1pm.

Still couldn't get the vettes hood open and the danmed thing wouldn't start!!! I got the drivers side open but the passenger side said

Ended up flatbedding it to Andreh's (Insty Lube & Tune) and they had that side opened in 10 minutes

By the time we had it started it was 6pm.

I'm definately looking forward to the next one. Would like to meet the crew
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #8
THOR

Name :

There doesn't appear to be much interest for June 30 meet. Perhaps we should postpone until later or do something else. I 'm just looking for excuses to see my corvette friends and cruise a little. Please give me some feedback. Mark
Unread 06-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #9
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Just relax Mark,Let this great idea brew alittle,I may even show up this time,Let's just see how the rest off this month goes,I'm sure the crowd will build up.So Mark can relax alittle,I'll just tell everyone who loves there vette's PLEASE SHOW UP OR ELSE.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #10
THOR

Name :

ok I finally heard a voice from the void. Alright then, I'll lighten up and relax and give it time to grab everyone interested. Enough said, time for a Coors. See ya. Mark