The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 06-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #11
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Mark, OK already, Deb and I will be there, thats 2 more Vettes.

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #12
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Now you're talking. Awesome, Great, It's time to RIDE (slowly) down the islands and celebrate conch time (that means no watches, time pieces, etc.). Or in Jamaica they say, No Hurry Man!!
OK anybody else. So far, me, Joe B. and Deb, possibly Shadow and C5Rick. A couple more or ten more would be just fine.
Also was thinking we could stop by Mote Marine if anybody interested for an hour or so. Across the street from Mote Marine is a funky cool bar-restaurant on Sarasota Bay called the Salty Dog. I hear a really cold draft callin' me.
For those interested, would you like to meet and eat first earlier (like around noon or so) and then cruise that afternoon? Or we could cruise first and then high tail back up to Palmetto to eat later in the afternoon around 1:30 -2 pm.
Give me a shout. Mark
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #13
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

I'd probably be up for this. Pick a place and a time.
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2007, 10:21 PM   #14
THOR

Name :

Hi Dave, It's great to hear from you. It looks like we have about 4-6 vettes at the moment. I wish there were a few more to fill up the parking lots of the places we visit and freak out the LEOs on the island. I'm thinking we meet for lunch about noon and then for those that want to do an island cruise, we'll depart from Palmetto and head towards Anna Maria and drive to Bean Point. I lived on the island for 9 years and we can stop at interesting spots and watering holes along the way, and when we get onto LBK, we'll take a side detour to see a surprise critter that lives only on LBK, then motor down towards Mote Marine and perhaps visit there for an hour or so and across the street is a cool bar-restaurant called the Salty Dog. Then its only a hop to St. Armands Circle and Lido Beach where we can end our fun day.
Ok, everyone reading this I really would like a true head count of who really really will be there come hell or high water.
I have several two way radios (6) that i can bring so we can all converse while driving and I can point out stuff that most people miss along the way.
All we need is a great sunny day and no rain. Mark
SO WHO'S COMING??
Unread 06-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #15
krash721

Name :
krash721 has disabled reputation
Default Mexican food/Island visit

Hey there!
Can two Newbies join the fun?
We can be there....if the 'other half' does not have to work that weekend.
David & Jennifer
krash721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #16
THOR

Name :

Hey that's great. Newbies are always welcome. I'm inviting anyone that just wants t ohang out with other vette lovers and eat some good mexican food and a nice easy stroll down Anna Maria Island and Long Boat Key. So come on down and I'll send the particulars on this thread this weekend. Mark
Unread 06-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #17
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Still looks like a go here
Unread 06-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #18
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a plan to me. Hey Mark, keep in mind, if your day job ever gets boring you could always moonlite as a Tourista Caravan Captain !!!

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 11:54 PM   #19
THOR

Name :

Ok, here's the plan for June 30. We will meet at El Mocojetes at noon. El Mocojetes is located in Palmetto on Hwy 301 just east of Haben Blvd and the civic center. The restaurant is on the north side of Hwy 301. If confused, send me a pm.
From there we will go over the small bridge and Manatee river into Bradenton and go west on Manatee Ave. We will take a easy drive down Riverview Blvd. and see the homes and River as we head west. We make our first stop at Desoto Point and the mouth of the Manatee River where it enters into the Gulf of Mexico. This is where Hernando Desoto was believed to have landed and explore Florida 500 years ago!
From there, we'll do a small jaunt around the old Loop Rd. and then head to Anna Maria Island towards Bean Point. If possible, we'll stop there and walk to the very north end of the beach if everyone wants to. It's very beautiful there.
Then we'll head to the Sandbar and sit on their deck for a little while. They have great Pina Coladas and the conch fritters are to die for.
We'll then head south down Anna Maria Island and cross over to Longboat Key (LBK) and make a side detour to see some infamous critters that live there. We'll continue south until we get to the Mote Marine Research center. The aquarium is nice there with all the shark research and dolphin and turtle rehab that goes on. Across the street is a funky bar-restaurant called the Salty Dog and we can stop there for a cold one if everyone is interested. Some may want to stay longer and go to Mote Marine or we can cruise down to St. Armands and Lido Beach and hang there for a bit.
That's pretty much it. I figure lunch and cruise with stops around 4 hours or longer. No feelings hurt if some folks need to leave earlier. I would appreciate a head count so I know who to expect at El Mocojetes.
Don't forget your camera! We need great pics to show everyone what they missed!
Unread 06-23-2007, 01:06 AM   #20
THOR

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail
Sounds like a plan to me. Hey Mark, keep in mind, if your day job ever gets boring you could always moonlite as a Tourista Caravan Captain !!!

Joe B.
Hey Joe, How did you know?