The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 06-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #11
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
just don't use the shovel to burry the idiot, just defend, once had a drunk break into my house, and then he disagreed about leaving, even with a 45 pointed at him.
..."you can't fix stupid"...
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #12
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Heh my dad always told me when i was younger if a man breaks into the house dont give him a reason to sue, so make the shot count. Its not like the guys gonna be alive to tell the judge he didnt get his warnings, so its a dead mans word versus the guy whos defending his home word.
Unread 06-22-2008, 06:04 PM   #13
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

When dealing with someone threatening, never forget that you only make a fatal mistake once..... So try your best to avoid making one when you have choices available.
Unread 06-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #14
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Not trying to start a fight lol, but the person who is the threatening party made the fatal mistake of coming into someone elses domain unwanted. That was a decision he chose when he had other choices to go with as well.

I plan to pickup a sign for our gate like my neighbor has on his door. Has a picture of a .357 that reads, We Dont Dial 911.

I work in a pawn shop so ive already gotten past the regret thought of shooting someone. If i feel my life is at stake cause of someone trying to cause harm, ill make sure he/she can never cause harm again.
Unread 06-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #15
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
I plan to pickup a sign for our gate like my neighbor has on his door. Has a picture of a .357 that reads, We Dont Dial 911.
It's just a suggestion so take it for what it's worth, but if it were me, I wouldn't.

Sets a bad courtroom scenario...if you know what I mean.

Low key, take care of buisness and be quiet and humble...better chance of making it out of both places alive
Unread 06-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #16
coolassbrad

Name :
coolassbrad is on a distinguished road

ls2 i'm making signs monday morning tresspassere will be met with deadly force or something better if i can think of it would be happy to mail you one
coolassbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 10:24 PM   #17
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolassbrad View Post
ls2 i'm making signs monday morning tresspassere will be met with deadly force or something better if i can think of it would be happy to mail you one
First, "tresspassing" is a misdemeanor for which deadly force may not be used.

In that case, I'd either think you were crazy or full of crap.

Either way, it won't help you one bit if you do have to use deadly force against an intruder.

I've had these signs and decals over the years when I was young and full of adrenaline.
They're funny, macho, and all that other BS, but frankly, I'd rethink putting them on my property if you even contemplate having to use deadly force.

These are things I deal with regularly and those kind of statements can and will be used against you in civil court The precedent has already been set

Not trying to spoil your fun, but i don't want to see you set yourself up for a fall either.
Unread 06-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #18
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
First, "tresspassing" is a misdemeanor for which deadly force may not be used.

In that case, I'd either think you were crazy or full of crap.

Either way, it won't help you one bit if you do have to use deadly force against an intruder.

I've had these signs and decals over the years when I was young and full of adrenaline.
They're funny, macho, and all that other BS, but frankly, I'd rethink putting them on my property if you even contemplate having to use deadly force.

These are things I deal with regularly and those kind of statements can and will be used against you in civil court The precedent has already been set

Not trying to spoil your fun, but i don't want to see you set yourself up for a fall either.
He's right! Remember that real killers don't advertise. Why should you?

I got a question Shadow. I have video surveillance of my house. Nothing has ever happened but God forbid it did, do I actually have to "advertise" the fact that I do to make it stick in court?

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 07:10 AM   #19
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guro305 View Post
He's right! Remember that real killers don't advertise. Why should you?

I got a question Shadow. I have video surveillance of my house. Nothing has ever happened but God forbid it did, do I actually have to "advertise" the fact that I do to make it stick in court?
No sir.

Exterior surveillance requires no notification. There's no expectation of privacy in the public domain.

Surveillance, be it audio or video, of the interior of a structure where one might have a "reasonable expectation" of privacy requires notification as does the workplace.

You'll see signs in businesses and on properties that state "the premesis may be" or "is" under video surveillance. Those are used in an overabundance of caution and cover ALL parts of the premesis, even those not required for notification.
Once you enter onto those properties, you have NO expectation of privacy.

A lot of people use the signs as a bluff (not a good idea) or as a preventative measure when the equipment is actually in place.

Both schools of thought have merit.

Prevention:
Usually preclude having to clean up print powder the Crime Scene Techs so sparingly spread across the room while processing a crime scene, or having to get blood stains removed from the carpets

Stealth:
Usually means you'll likely have hard evidence to later capture the perp should you be gone when they intrude (thus negating the need for blood spatter cleaning )

Hope that helps
Unread 06-23-2008, 08:46 AM   #20
gunnerrun

Name :
gunnerrun has disabled reputation
Default Shoot

My .02 cents worth.

Shoot if you ARE justified, but be sure you are. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it will probably cost you for an attorney to represent you in front of the grand jury. You may face a lawsuit from either the victim, should he survive, or the family members. Should an industrious news paper take exception to the incident this will generate another whole gamut of issues,some of which might have very vocal organizations involved. If you're found wrong prison, time will be a real probability. I would be very careful about pulling the trigger. However, if I was really in danger of losing my life or that of a family member I would do the deed and without remorse.
gunnerrun is offline   Reply With Quote