The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 11-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #11
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

So, how about 0800 at the MacDonald's on Jim's map? We can drive in and park together like last year. There will be vettes all over that place, you'll never get to park together if you don't drive in together. I'm coming up the night before and staying with friends in the area, so anytime is ok with me at the McDonald's.
I'll need to leave shortly after lunch so I've got to make sure I'm not boxed in when I park.
Unread 11-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Connie and I will be spending the night at the host hotel, so no problem meeting up with everyone. But Connie did bring up a suggestion when we were talking about meeting up with everyone to ride into the show.

The problem with meeting at McDonald's is that since it is on the same side of the road as the show and we need to travel West, we need to catch a light at the intersection of Adamo and Falkenburg, making a left onto Adamo, then driving down PAST the show and making a U-turn to get into the line for the show. So we have to hope that everyone gets through before the light change at the intersection AND that traffic heading East on Adamo while making that U-turn doesn't break up our group getting to the entrance.

Is there anywhere we can meet that is West of the show on Adamo and therefore would allow us to all pretty much stay together? Even meeting somewhere on the north side of Adamo would eliminate having to negotiate that light at the intersection and only leave the U-turn to deal with.....
Unread 11-12-2007, 09:29 PM   #13
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

That's a good idea, Rich. Maybe Jim can show us a map of what's west of Ferman where we can meet
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #14
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

There is a MacDonalds at 7800 Palm River rd. It can be seen from the parking lot of RevXtreme...Only 5 minutes from Ferman..I believe you can take Palm River road east out of Macs and then go north on 301..right on Adamo and Ferman is on the right a couple of blocks... Or North on 78th and right on Adamo.....???? There is a shopping center at this intersection where the Macs is, so its easy to spot. Maybe Gordon or Jim know this area and can comment on this location...
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...zipcode=#south
zzzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #15
Rich Z

It sounds like there will be at least one, maybe two, red lights to negotiate that way. The whole idea of my suggestion is to try to limit breakups in our CFL train as much as possible. Something between 301 and Ferman on Adamo would be ideal.....
Unread 11-13-2007, 12:32 AM   #16
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough
Default Aaarggghh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mte.smiles View Post
Hey Rick, I 'm not sure what time we're leaving yet. Perhaps 7:00 am or so and then go to the McDonalds and meet up with Gordon perhaps. I haven't spoken with Joe or Deb. I'll try and give them a shout tonight or tomorrow. We could meet at US 19 just before the 275 turnoff. Just a thought. We are in the show and I think we need to get there before 8. Let me know.
As they say, if you arrive together you can park together. So how we gonna get all us CorvetteFlorida folks together?

I guess we could all meet at the McD's around 0800 and head out from there, you know there is going to be a HUGE line anyway. I hope there is going to be traffic control, the turn across Adamo into the place is not that bad, the people in front can let the parkers know how many in our group. We won't get seperated.

As for us folks heading North to get there, Why don't we meet at the usual place, the Hess Station at SR 70 and I-75 around 0700. We can head up I-75 from there, meet the rest of our gang at McD's, then cruise in together.

Let me know....

Joe B.
bugman1 a.k.a. (98 softail)

If you need to contact me, 941-780-3520(c)
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #17
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

There's a gas station on the S/E corner of 301 and 60 (adamo dr/Brandon Blvd). From there, it's a straight shot with no lights to Ferman, same side of the road.

Can't really think of anything else between 301 & Ferman that doesn't include breaking a light.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #18
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Vettes View Post
That's a good idea, Rich. Maybe Jim can show us a map of what's west of Ferman where we can meet
Why don't you all just meet at the actual Ferman Chevrolet Dealership...Its just west of the show. The show at is Ferman Mazda. No real Resturants west of the show.

If you meet at McDonalds, its just a U-Turn at Ferman and you are in to the Show. McDonalds would be better........just my Idea.

Jim
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #19
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL View Post
Why don't you all just meet at the actual Ferman Chevrolet Dealership...Its just west of the show. The show at is Ferman Mazda. No real Resturants west of the show.

If you meet at McDonalds, its just a U-Turn at Ferman and you are in to the Show. McDonalds would be better........just my Idea.

Jim
Good grief this is getting to remind me of monkeys and footballs. I plan on being at McDonalds at 0800. Anyone who would care to join me will be gladly welcomed and I somehow think we'll collectively make it to the show just fine.

Ken
Unread 11-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #20
Rich Z

LAST CALL ON NAME BADGES FOR THE FERMAN SHOW......

If you want me to print one up for you to bring to the show for you, I need to know REAL SOON........

And please let me know if you want your REAL name imprinted on the badge as well as your CFL handle.